Turbonod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP!! Did i f*ck myself up!?!

I was doing Military Presses with a good amount of weight. It was my 2nd set when i got stuck on about my 5th rep. This is when all went bad...
    I must have held my breath and arched my neck b/c I had this IMMENSE pain in the back of my head. It felt like someone took a sledgehammer to the back of my head, the pain stayed didnt go away. The pain was still there after taking some meds and now two days later and i still have a normal feeling head ache.

What did i do??? Maybe blow blood vessel or pinch a nerve? I know i should probably see a doc but just wondering if any yall experienced something like this, just hoping the pain subsides on its own. lemme know.

Thanks,
    Nate

*wasnt sure where to post, so i posted in here*

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: HELP!! Did i f*ck myself up!?!

Originally posted by Turbonod
    I was doing Military Presses with a good amount of weight. It was my 2nd set when i got stuck on about my 5th rep. This is when all went bad...
    I must have held my breath and arched my neck b/c I had this IMMENSE pain in the back of my head. It felt like someone took a sledgehammer to the back of my head, the pain stayed didnt go away. The pain was still there after taking some meds and now two days later and i still have a normal feeling head ache.

What did i do??? Maybe blow blood vessel or pinch a nerve? I know i should probably see a doc but just wondering if any yall experienced something like this, just hoping the pain subsides on its own. lemme know.

Thanks,
    Nate

that does sound like a burst blood vessel but its always best to get a proper med opinion rather that an internet one.

good luck with it bro and i hope you get a speedy recovery soon

Location: Center of the Universe ... the world revolves around me
    Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Coliones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like you stressed one of your muscles. I get those every once in a while and they are fun to deal with. It takes mine anywhere from a day to a week to loosen it up again. I agree with getting a proper medical opinion though just in case.

I sleep on a meathook iron_on_my_mind's Avatar
    iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Let me transfer your problem to deadlifts . . . .

I was deadlifting on Friday, and on my 3 rep of my second set, I felt my back rounding a bit. I paused to correct it, and BOOM . . . intense pain around my lower back and sides, couldn't stand up. The next day I had to get around the house by crawling. Couldn't stand, sit, lying down was hard in some areas, bending over was virtualy impossible. Pain was horrible. Only way I could stand was by wearing my lifting belt (which I did wear when I got injured, funnily enough.) Chiropractor says I pulled my lower back muscles a bit too hard. Today is Wednesday, and I'm about 90% recovered. I need to stretch more and improve my core.

All you have is a pulled muscle, it would seem. Take it easy, and next time really focus on form, and for your first time since the injury, cut back on the weight a bit. Also, do shrugs and build up that neck and those traps.

Anyway, if pain persists, see a doctor.

asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got that once, it a pulled muscled more than likely. go into the shower and let hot water over it and try to do neck stretches.
    11/2010: 196lbs
    12/4/2010: 185lbs

agex000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I had this IMMENSE pain in the back of my head.
    That has happened to me a few times when bench pressing on one of my old machines. This machine has a bad range of motion, so I am almost positive it is from bad form, or you didn't warm up AND stretch prior to lifting heavy weight. IMO.

P.S.: I just got REALLY sharp pains in the back of my head (upper neck) and BAD headaches, but it didn't last for days.
    Last edited by agex000; 02-18-2004 at 04:35 PM.

samsonnite81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmmm go to the doctor
    Im tired, every inch of my body hurts and I am ready to drop where I stand. God I love this!

5'9
    chest 42
    shoulder girth 52
    cold arms 16 1/2 yeha i know i neeed to work on that
    r thigh 24
    l thigh 25
    calves 16
    forearms 13
    bulking feb 16 235

GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thanks,
    Nate

same thing has happened to me, straining to press, overhead, heavy dumbells, i blacked out, and dropped the weight...for months after, everytime i strained with overhead movements, i would get light headed...went to the doctor, was told the following;

there are arteries in the back of your neck, that supply blood to the brain (in addition to those in the front of neck), while straining, i squeezed the arteries in the back of the neck, causing blackout.

the good news, the problem went away.

the bad news, it took 5 months to go away, and the doctor said that it is possible to do damage to the arteries, enabling plaque build up down the road, causing a host of other problems.

that was me though, yoou may be different..

good luck
    Tired

shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this has happened to me twicw, and it sucks. It takes about a week to tottally recover. From now on try not to strain your head and neck when you lift, keep your neck in a natural position. You strained that sucker, and if you dont learn you will do it again. But dont worry, you will be fine.

351MustangMach1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get those once in a while. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have done it lifting weights, pulling a lawn mower cable, and just reacting to something flying at my head.

TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) TampaBayMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i used to get those all the time, very intense, then would dull out, it could be a number of things, breathing pattern, blood vessels, after about 2 weeks of getting them i saw a doctor, which did be no good, then they went away. If you still get them after 2 weeks, see a doc, if he thinks you need an mri, go for it, see if there is a problem, if not, all it is tension headaches, which will go away with time.
    DoggCrap Trainee

Pain is weakness leaving the body

AIM- FrostyTheHoMan2

Turbonod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey thanks bros.

Makes me feel better. I have a slight headache now, but its been getting better with time. Im stayin outta the gym and I think ill pass goin to the doc unless it gets worse.

shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    godspeed