Closed Thread
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    TheBlur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I injured my wrist two weeks ago and a week after I injured it I went to my University physician. They took X-rays and did a "wet send" of them to a radiologist who said I had VISI (Volar Intercalated Segment Instability) of the lunate with a suspect dislocation or ligament injury. Since then I've been to two orthopedics, one said that a cast would do nothing for my condition and wanted to do surgery. The other wanted to put me in a cast, and then take X-rays after 6-8 weeks and go from there. I was wondering if you had any experience with injuries of this nature and could offer any alternatives, or any advice. I'm going to go see another ortho tomorrow to see what he says. Thanks.

oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheBlur View Post
    I injured my wrist two weeks ago and a week after I injured it I went to my University physician. They took X-rays and did a "wet send" of them to a radiologist who said I had VISI (Volar Intercalated Segment Instability) of the lunate with a suspect dislocation or ligament injury. Since then I've been to two orthopedics, one said that a cast would do nothing for my condition and wanted to do surgery. The other wanted to put me in a cast, and then take X-rays after 6-8 weeks and go from there. I was wondering if you had any experience with injuries of this nature and could offer any alternatives, or any advice. I'm going to go see another ortho tomorrow to see what he says. Thanks.
    I adjust and in six weeks they heal. Do any of the above and in six weeks you will be adequate I figure. An adjustment you may heal with more stability.
    Do nothing you probably will still heal but not as well.
    Psa 89:13 Thou hast a strong arm; Thy hand is mighty, Thy right hand is exalted.

Advice given by the person known as Oziem is not a substitute for direct clinical care. Oziem and bodybuilding.com (bb.com) are not responsible for any inquirer's decisions for health care.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com
    www.gonsteadmethodology.com

Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a question.

I fractured my left elbow into about 5 pieces i have 2 metal plates and 14 screws and the underside of my elbow hurts badly when i do bench or pushups or any weight on my arm especially when i push my arm to the outside. are there any stretches or workouts that you know of?

this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oziem has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    I got a question.

I fractured my left elbow into about 5 pieces i have 2 metal plates and 14 screws and the underside of my elbow hurts badly when i do bench or pushups or any weight on my arm especially when i push my arm to the outside. are there any stretches or workouts that you know of?

this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    What did the medical/therapy team give you as a program?

How do you do with pec dec, flye,DB pullover and dips?
    Psa 89:13 Thou hast a strong arm; Thy hand is mighty, Thy right hand is exalted.

Advice given by the person known as Oziem is not a substitute for direct clinical care. Oziem and bodybuilding.com (bb.com) are not responsible for any inquirer's decisions for health care.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rob72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well the doctor gave me some exercises but i didnt fell that they were working and out of all that you listed dips are the only thing that hurt there. but im not sure im thinking ice bath after working out might help but im not sure.

Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Well the doctor gave me some exercises but i didnt fell that they were working and out of all that you listed dips are the only thing that hurt there. but im not sure im thinking ice bath after working out might help but im not sure.
    You can protect your elbow with those exercises except dips as you noticed and still work your chest. Ice is the best natural pain control.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oziem View Post
    4. If you want more stability to the SI and the musculature, you and you chiro if I may be so bold have to hunt very carefully between T12-S3. There may be a slight disc issue that is unadressed especially the sacral tubercle.
    Update:

I woke up last Monday and it was all I could do to get out of bed-- lower back/center was seized up, and chiro was on vacation-- so, went to D.O. had some xrays done and found that I have DDD in lumbar discs, and L5/S1 disc was compressed in the back (ie bulging forward toward stomach)-- looks like this: > (stomach to left). It seems that most similar disc injuries I've read about are the opposite where the disc herniates toward the back-- is that more common?

Powerlifts are done for awhile (forever? God, I hope not) with a stern "No hyperextention movements".

I find that laying over a stability ball and letting my legs hang free stretches and 'decompresses' my back a bit for relief. I guess similar to 'Cox Technique' that chiros use? Has anyone used or undergone therapy using that technique?

The D.O. was wary about continuing chiro care with the disc in that condition and prescribed P/T "Manual Therapy/Mobilization, Core strengthening/DLS". I'm on the fence about which direction to go. I believe that chiro care actually fixes the structural damage while the P/T is a work around-- unless they do some manipulation..?

Is it possible to get that disc from > back to = ?

Originally Posted by SteelyD View Post
    Update:

I woke up last Monday and it was all I could do to get out of bed-- lower back/center was seized up, and chiro was on vacation-- so, went to D.O. had some xrays done and found that I have DDD in lumbar discs, and L5/S1 disc was compressed in the back (ie bulging forward toward stomach)-- looks like this: > (stomach to left). It seems that most similar disc injuries I've read about are the opposite where the disc herniates toward the back-- is that more common?

Powerlifts are done for awhile (forever? God, I hope not) with a stern "No hyperextention movements".

I find that laying over a stability ball and letting my legs hang free stretches and 'decompresses' my back a bit for relief. I guess similar to 'Cox Technique' that chiros use? Has anyone used or undergone therapy using that technique?

The D.O. was wary about continuing chiro care with the disc in that condition and prescribed P/T "Manual Therapy/Mobilization, Core strengthening/DLS". I'm on the fence about which direction to go. I believe that chiro care actually fixes the structural damage while the P/T is a work around-- unless they do some manipulation..?

Is it possible to get that disc from > back to = ?

1. Your injury is the most common 84%. 10% disc bulges in posterior. The rest fracture.
    2. I do not recommend traction or flexion distraction.
    3. The adjustment is your correction. If that is done well you likely will need no therapy.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

SoapBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oziem, maybe you can help me on this...

I have started to have some pain in my left shoulder (at the "ball" or rounded part of my shoulder). Sometimes it's more pronounced at the front, but mostly it's at the back (just above the armpit). Sometimes this pain travels down my tricep to just above my elbow. I don't recall injuring it at all, seems like I woke up one morning and there it was. Needless to say, it has impacted my workouts. I have cut most of my weights in half to reduce the strain and this seems to help. It's somewhat better, but it's not going away. I'm 52 years old and was benchpressing 90# dumbells about two months ago, but now I'm only doing 50"s. I don't think it's a rotator cuff because I still have full range of motion, but sometimes I experience a "pinch". What do you think it could be and what can I do about it? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

NOW GO LIFT!!!!

Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
    Oziem, maybe you can help me on this...

I have started to have some pain in my left shoulder (at the "ball" or rounded part of my shoulder). Sometimes it's more pronounced at the front, but mostly it's at the back (just above the armpit). Sometimes this pain travels down my tricep to just above my elbow. I don't recall injuring it at all, seems like I woke up one morning and there it was. Needless to say, it has impacted my workouts. I have cut most of my weights in half to reduce the strain and this seems to help. It's somewhat better, but it's not going away. I'm 52 years old and was benchpressing 90# dumbells about two months ago, but now I'm only doing 50"s. I don't think it's a rotator cuff because I still have full range of motion, but sometimes I experience a "pinch". What do you think it could be and what can I do about it? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

NOW GO LIFT!!!!
    Chiropractically the first thing to do is rule out an impinged nerve (could be anywhere but) likely between C5-T4. Then look crefully at the GH and even the sacpula which can refer pain. Then look at the musculature.
    Once you get a correction, thing to do is warm up the shoulder girdle sufficiently before lifts especially bench and military. Check the threads for rotator cuff exercise.

PS a frozen shoulder can sneak up on you very suddenly. Though not as likely in your case. The shoulder is the last joint you want messed up as it is the hardest to heal. Take some rest and tend to this before it gets much worse.
    Last edited by oziem; 06-16-2007 at 02:17 PM.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

SoapBox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doc... thanks for the reply! Please clarify what you mean by the "GH". This was the only term I didn't understand (I'm just a dumb printer...). Thanks!

P.S. Love your scripture verse!!!

Doc... thanks for the reply! Please clarify what you mean by the "GH". This was the only term I didn't understand (I'm just a dumb printer...). Thanks!

Glenoid is the fossa humerus the arm Glenohumeral is the joint you referred to a ball/socket. GH

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

1. You're not dumb.
    2. Thank you my Brother.
    3. I hope to do 90's when I am 52.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteelyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Your injury is the most common 84%. 10% disc bulges in posterior. The rest fracture.
    2. I do not recommend traction or flexion distraction.
    3. The adjustment is your correction. If that is done well you likely will need no therapy.
    Thanks for the response-- good to know that adjustments will help. Curious-- why the recommenation against traction/flxn-disrxn (not 2nd guessing, just looking for detailed 'why')?

THANKS!

Thanks for the response-- good to know that adjustments will help. Curious-- why the recommenation against traction/flxn-disrxn (not 2nd guessing, just looking for detailed 'why')?

THANKS!
    You can check the thread been answered already. See the disc needs to have the nucleus shifted to correct the wedge/bulge. Stretching the annulus with flexion distraction traction I believe as the Gonstead research holds creates symptom relief at the expense of greater annulus tearing. The bone and disc is compressing the neural tissue in the posterior--you need to move the bone and disc anterior.
    Pills surgery traction stretching massage electricity heat can not do that. Not even weights. The joint needs to be pushed forward. This shifts the nucleus and decompresses the annulus. The nervous system is freed.
    The latest decompression devices have the right idea yet they are non specific and not direct enough. Same with "adjusting" instruments.
    The hand is irreplaceable.
    End thread?

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Orgoonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

An update,and a thank you!

Hi O
    A LMT will cost less (short term, but long term could be more expensive) and give therapeutic results to the muscle.
    A DC will cost more short term but may be able to do more for the nerve and resulting spasm.
    I always seek chiro first but many choose the alternative. Either way your results are better if you act sooner.
    I recommend searching for a Gonstead chiro (use gonstead.com search or gonsteadseminar.com) they should not require a massage.

Sir,i just wanted to thank you for your great advice.
    I found my doctor through the website you mentioned,and i feel like a million bucks.

After taking x-rays,my doctor spent about an hour explaining to me why i was suffering,the cause,and treatment required.I really enjoyed the inital consult,as he took the time to explain in laymans terms WHY my body was acting the way it was.He is also very knowlegeable(sp?)in the bodybuilding lifestyle.

He started me off with two visits a week at first,and now i see him once every three weeks.

To make a long story short,i am now able to do ATG squats(something i have never seemed to have the flexability for),and i just feel .....great,all the time.I had no idea that my injury was affecting my sense of well being to such an extent.

Again,many thanks sir!
    Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last.

Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50) Keith Wassung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have kept a detailed training journal since 1978 and so I have been able to track my progress with regards to different programs and techniques and the single biggest gain in strength and development came in the six months after I began receiving Chiropractic adjustments on a regular basis.

Keith

The ancients wrote:
    From the mouth of two or three witnesses a matter may be established.

Thanks for sharing the report gentlemen!

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

You can check the thread been answered already.
    Yes, apologies- that got lost in the 20+ pages of this very informative thread.

The hand is irreplaceable. End thread?
    You speak the truth! Thank you for your insight. Incidentally, based on what I described, you nailed it before Xrays were done!! You said:

4. If you want more stability to the SI and the musculature, you and you chiro if I may be so bold have to hunt very carefully between T12-S3. There may be a slight disc issue that is unadressed..
    Disc issue it is in the Lumbar region!

Thanks and I wish you continued health and healing (you and your patients). God bless.

-SD

Yes, apologies- that got lost in the 20+ pages of this very informative thread.

You speak the truth! Thank you for your insight. Incidentally, based on what I described, you nailed it before Xrays were done!! You said:

Disc issue it is in the Lumbar region!

Thanks and I wish you continued health and healing (you and your patients). God bless.

-SD
    God bless you and thank you SD.
    3 John 1:2

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gixxer750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For the last month or so whenever i do cardio on the elliptical, any leg pressing exercises, or even stand for prolonged periods, my left leg starts feeling numb and tingles like it's "falling asleep" from the calf muscle down and into my foot......any idea what could be causing this? I don't recall injuring it.

irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000)
    oziem, thanks ofr answering our questions, its very appreciated!

I had a xray done of my neck as i visited my GP complaining of numbness of my entire left arm, he said that an injury to your neck could cause this and usally goes away with time. He was correct, as it did...for the most part. I figured i pinched something squatting or shrugging. I returned to discover i have an encroached nerve between my C3 and C6 with no signs of a buldging dishk or any injury to the disk. I have a pre disposition for arthiritis and my GP stated that it could be a foretelling sign of such ailment.

I dont suffer pain as a result of this nerve ailment, but i do feel discomfort after squatting (bar placement i imagine) and some numbness/tingling in my left hand/arm after shrugging. Ive been working on keeping my head at attention when shrugging. I sense that the heavy pressure from the bar when squatting is doing the most.

1. Squatting is something i wont easily give up, would a different bar placment be suitable and adding a bar pad also? If no,t what do you suggest?

Thanks!

skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skuat_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi i have a question too. i am 21 and been lifting weights since i was 16. 2 years ago i had a lil accident in the weight room, and jerked my right elbow as i was doing heavy bench press. had some pain next day and could not completely fold my arm,(meaning could not bring my fingers to the shoulder) but i took some medicine and was back on track in a week. then worked out for a few months then had a surgery for hernia and took a break from lifting for two years. now i joined the gym about a month ago, and i am slowly escalating up the weight rack, but when doing certain moves like preacher curl or lat pull down, in other works when i lock out during an exercise i feel a little discomfort in right elbow, i cannot really call it pain but it really breaks my concentration during the set, also i realize now that my left arm feels stronger when lifting as compared to my right. how can i fix this problem? thanks in advance

Originally Posted by gixxer750 View Post
    For the last month or so whenever i do cardio on the elliptical, any leg pressing exercises, or even stand for prolonged periods, my left leg starts feeling numb and tingles like it's "falling asleep" from the calf muscle down and into my foot......any idea what could be causing this? I don't recall injuring it.
    Fellow Tarheel.
    First let me praise you for the proper usage of the word "it's".
    Fairly certain you have a sacral nerve impingement S1 or S2. Good news with proper care you should see speedy results. If you have any questions on the results of a Gonstead referral search, Pm me and I will help you decide on a practitioner.
    The injury can be subtle and progressive; a few poorly executed leg presses, sitting wrong on a bumpy ride, bending to lift improperly...

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by irata View Post
    oziem, thanks ofr answering our questions, its very appreciated!

I had a xray done of my neck as i visited my GP complaining of numbness of my entire left arm, he said that an injury to your neck could cause this and usally goes away with time. He was correct, as it did...for the most part. I figured i pinched something squatting or shrugging. I returned to discover i have an encroached nerve between my C3 and C6 with no signs of a buldging dishk or any injury to the disk. I have a pre disposition for arthiritis and my GP stated that it could be a foretelling sign of such ailment.

I dont suffer pain as a result of this nerve ailment, but i do feel discomfort after squatting (bar placement i imagine) and some numbness/tingling in my left hand/arm after shrugging. Ive been working on keeping my head at attention when shrugging. I sense that the heavy pressure from the bar when squatting is doing the most.

1. Squatting is something i wont easily give up, would a different bar placment be suitable and adding a bar pad also? If no,t what do you suggest?

Thanks!
    1. Yes you could try front squats, a manta support, or different placement on the traps.
    What you do not know about your DJD is this: the pain will change within weeks but your visceral nerve supply is probably diminishing. You may be setting yourself up for thyroid issues etc.
    Please consider chiro care. You may feel better, perform better, and be healthier overall.
    Last edited by oziem; 06-20-2007 at 05:50 AM.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by skuat_king View Post
    hi i have a question too. i am 21 and been lifting weights since i was 16. 2 years ago i had a lil accident in the weight room, and jerked my right elbow as i was doing heavy bench press. had some pain next day and could not completely fold my arm,(meaning could not bring my fingers to the shoulder) but i took some medicine and was back on track in a week. then worked out for a few months then had a surgery for hernia and took a break from lifting for two years. now i joined the gym about a month ago, and i am slowly escalating up the weight rack, but when doing certain moves like preacher curl or lat pull down, in other works when i lock out during an exercise i feel a little discomfort in right elbow, i cannot really call it pain but it really breaks my concentration during the set, also i realize now that my left arm feels stronger when lifting as compared to my right. how can i fix this problem? thanks in advance
    King,
    first have someone observe your execution of movements in the gym. Proper form at a proper progression will halp prevent injury.
    See a neuro-muscular massage therapist to work the tendons and muscle origins and insertions.
    see a chirorpactor to check for any nerve weakness in the brachial plexus as well as determine the causal misalignment for your hernia. Every hernia is preceded by a subluxation. Inguinal hernias involve internal pelvis rotation and umbilical- thoracic disc herniation.
    Last edited by oziem; 06-20-2007 at 05:51 AM.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dortress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Toes....

I've been reading this thread with great interest; you provide wonderful info - thank you.

I've always been overweight and in Dec '06, started losing through a combination of cardio and lifting. One of the reasons I started (besides basic health) was because I was noticing my right leg going numb in the thigh when I stood too long. Docs ruled out vascular issues, which left spinal.

When I started lifting and strengthening back / stomach muscles (and losing weight), this problem largely disappeared. Yay. Since then however, I'm noticing that the toes on my left foot occasionally go numb. No tingling, just slightly numb. It's not correlated to any particular activity. Lower back is sometimes sore and if I flex the wrong way during sleep, I'll get a sharp pain. Have largely avoided leg-lift type ab exercises for the same reason - I sometimes get a 'twang' down my leg. Not pleasant.

Any thoughts? I've not had any lifting injuries and have taken care to do very good form, with modest increases...
    "The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." - Kurt Vonnegut

irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000) irata is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Yes you could try front squats, a manta support, or different placement on the traps.
    What you do not know about your DJD is this: the pain will change within weeks but your visceral nerve supply is probably diminishing. You may be setting yourself up for thyroid issues etc.
    Please consider chiro care. You may feel better, perform better, and be healthier overall.
    Thanks for the information. Can you please explain to me why the degeneration of the nerve (the one in question) can lead to thyroid problems? This sounds extreme to me.

Originally Posted by dortress View Post
    I've been reading this thread with great interest; you provide wonderful info - thank you.

I've always been overweight and in Dec '06, started losing through a combination of cardio and lifting. One of the reasons I started (besides basic health) was because I was noticing my right leg going numb in the thigh when I stood too long. Docs ruled out vascular issues, which left spinal.

When I started lifting and strengthening back / stomach muscles (and losing weight), this problem largely disappeared. Yay. Since then however, I'm noticing that the toes on my left foot occasionally go numb. No tingling, just slightly numb. It's not correlated to any particular activity. Lower back is sometimes sore and if I flex the wrong way during sleep, I'll get a sharp pain. Have largely avoided leg-lift type ab exercises for the same reason - I sometimes get a 'twang' down my leg. Not pleasant.

Any thoughts? I've not had any lifting injuries and have taken care to do very good form, with modest increases...
    Dortress
    I think though you have relieved some symptoms you still have pressure either on the L4 or L5 nerve.
    Your activity is sensible. You may find that after an adjustment your health and training be taken to a higher level.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Originally Posted by irata View Post
    Thanks for the information. Can you please explain to me why the degeneration of the nerve (the one in question) can lead to thyroid problems? This sounds extreme to me.
    If you have degenerative arthritis the first level of nerve compromise is pain. Once that diminishes the more inward visceral firbers of the nerve are affected. The inflammation has not gone only affected other nerve fibers.

The more disc and nerve decay the less localized pain but greater peripheral disease.

The mid cervical nerves control thyroid. This is the glandular organ most commonly noticed compromised by DJD in the c-spine. Your heart, diaphragm, cerebrum can also be affected by subluxation.

Just because someone is pain-free does not mean they are healthy.
    How many young athletes suddenly have an MI? They were fit but not healthy.

Anyone who cares for their body ought to consider caring for the system that controls their body: the nervous system and its skeletal protective system.

Just saying it's worth getting checked even though your pain has diminished.

chiropractic referrals:
    www.gonsteadseminar.com
    www.gonstead.com

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast