tulip35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Swelling - Will it go down?

I have a question for anyone.

I have been working out for as long as I can remember, and for the past two years, I have taken a sabatical from training.

I am a female, 5'11", and not a big frame. I just started working out again, lifting weights on my upper body, and doing aerobics 3-4 times a week.

My problem is, I don't want to get bigger, I want to get smaller. My diet is fine.

Is it normal for someone who just started working out again to get bigger at first? Does it go down?

How do I get smaller, or leaner I should say.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by tulip35; 02-06-2004 at 09:31 AM.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    what do you mean by smaller... bodyfat?..

Yes, smaller body fat, but tighter muscles.

What can I do workout wise to not get bigger.

Is it natural for your muscles to get bigger when you first start working out, then do they constrict to become smaller?

noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your diet is in check, then don't worry about it. Gaining size is a byproduct of your diet. If you follow a diet that the calorie intake is equal to or below what you burn you won't get bigger.
    no catchy quote
    no websites to advertise
    no stats to show off
    no goals to report
    no progress to report
    -noname-

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by tulip35
    Yes, smaller body fat, but tighter muscles.

What can I do workout wise to not get bigger.

Is it natural for your muscles to get bigger when you first start working out, then do they constrict to become smaller?
    yes as noname says... it all depends on your diet... need to eat more than you use to put on weight... its that simple...

Ok thanks.

But also- since I started working out again, do your muscles swell at first once you start working out?

Originally posted by tulip35
    Ok thanks.

But also- since I started working out again, do your muscles swell at first once you start working out?
    swelling not really... never seen that... but i know what you mean some peoples weight goes up then it starts to fall...