Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Overhead Press for Size in Shoulders?

I'm talking about the exercise where you use your legs to boost the bar up overhead, then slowly come down, and repeat. It's for explosiveness and strength i guess. What are your opinions on this particular exercise? Also, opinions on clean and press? Would these exercises build size or just strength?
    Last edited by Kid Loops; 01-24-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but it sounds like some kind of olympic style lift. Yes, is also involves the shoulders but also the legs; it's basically a full body exercise, and is geared more towards building strength than building mass. Military press is better for adding mass to the shoulders IMO, since it focuses on the shoulders, yet it is a compound movement.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i thought you were talking a clean and press......
    Booo

Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kid Loops has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'm talking about two exercises:

first, overhead press where you clean the bar up to your chest, and then use your legs to power the weight up, ans then slowly bring it back down to the chest. then you bend your legs and spring it up again.

the second i was asking about was the clean and press (down to the floor for every rep).

i want to know what these exercises will take care of mostly: strength, size, or what.

massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250) massmatters has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

he's talking about a push press.

yes it's good for both strength and size. especially if you really focus on the negative.

same thing for clean and press. cleaning the weight will hit your trap and rear delts nicely, so it's a total shoulder and body exercise.
    Train like an animal
    Eat like a horse
    Sleep like a baby
    Grow like a weed

I've got more mass than a church on sunday.

someone, somewhere is training harder with less excuses.

the harder I lift and the more I eat, the better my genetics seem to get.

got www.bodybuildingapplied.com ?

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: .......................

Originally posted by massmatters
    he's talking about a push press.

yes it's good for both strength and size. especially if you really focus on the negative.

same thing for clean and press. cleaning the weight will hit your trap and rear delts nicely, so it's a total shoulder and body exercise.
    Right on .........
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ahhh, i see. i suck at understanding descriptions, heh.
    Booo

thanks guys