the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Par Deus & Friends - Clean Cardio!

Beach season is right around the corner. This year, you’re gonna do it right. Go to the beach, take off the shirt, and stand proud as all of the beautiful women gawk at your Greek-Godlike body. That’s where Clean Cardio comes in. Gone are the days of slaving over the treadmill!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par37.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

SirLancelotX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is kind of cool. I don't know how it would coincide with lifting. Keep it away from back day? Or leg day? What? Lol.

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it says;

Prevent Catabolic Catastrophes:

Long periods of low-intensity exercise (like walking), tend to convince some fast-twitch fibers to convert to slow-twitch fibers. Clean Cardio prevents this from occurring, preserving your muscle growth potential.

I thought twitch fibers couldnt change from one to other, the amount of fast and slow twitchs you have is gentically determined, and no matter what you do, it remains so

Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very interesting read, however, i found myself a little lost in the description of the lift, some pictures would be very helpful.

Cheers!
    Good Times

JK

Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000) Scar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    very suspect article

WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love the concept of this, but does it, or could it take the place of "traditional" cardio- like the treadmill or the life step? I almost like the idea of not having to step foot on another treadmill- having been a slave to it for years! I am also wondering if this is something I could do on an "off" day- where I would do "light" cardio to keep the blood flowing.
    Thank You.
    Willie
    h2o6

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by WillieInc
    I love the concept of this, but does it, or could it take the place of "traditional" cardio- like the treadmill or the life step? I almost like the idea of not having to step foot on another treadmill- having been a slave to it for years! I am also wondering if this is something I could do on an "off" day- where I would do "light" cardio to keep the blood flowing.
    Thank You.
    you can do circuit training, or HIIT. I also hate the treadmill, the typical 40 mins moderate cardio that everyone does. Surprisingly, this is not the most efficient cardio, and both ct and HIIT have been proven to be effective substitutes.

WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Canarian Roy
    you can do circuit training, or HIIT. I also hate the treadmill, the typical 40 mins moderate cardio that everyone does. Surprisingly, this is not the most efficient cardio, and both ct and HIIT have been proven to be effective substitutes.

Ah, that's good news to me. I like to keep some kind of variety to cardio when I have to do it. I'll have to read up more on these cardio substitutes so I don't overtrain myself again.
    Willie
    h2o6

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Canarian Roy
    it says;

Prevent Catabolic Catastrophes:

Long periods of low-intensity exercise (like walking), tend to convince some fast-twitch fibers to convert to slow-twitch fibers. Clean Cardio prevents this from occurring, preserving your muscle growth potential.

I thought twitch fibers couldnt change from one to other, the amount of fast and slow twitchs you have is gentically determined, and no matter what you do, it remains so
    they can't really become another type of fiber BUT fast twitch can be made to act like slow twitch, thus limiting their potential for growth. And no, the opposite (slow to fast conversion) doesn't occur at all for all intensive purposes.

Originally posted by str8flexed
    they can't really become another type of fiber BUT fast twitch can be made to act like slow twitch, thus limiting their potential for growth. And no, the opposite (slow to fast conversion) doesn't occur at all for all intensive purposes.
    i see layne, thanks

ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey if anybody is reading this thread, I have a question. I tried cleans, and found they increase my heart rate and breathing similar to cardio, however I read on another messageboard that this kind of training really can't replace traditional cardio, because their are other factors besides breathing and heart rate. They didn't elaborate, so was wondering if anybody knows what they could be talking about. I thought heart and breathing were the only reasons to do that other crap.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ec_money
    Hey if anybody is reading this thread, I have a question. I tried cleans, and found they increase my heart rate and breathing similar to cardio, however I read on another messageboard that this kind of training really can't replace traditional cardio, because their are other factors besides breathing and heart rate. They didn't elaborate, so was wondering if anybody knows what they could be talking about. I thought heart and breathing were the only reasons to do that other crap.
    why do you think they didn't elaborate

ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ec_money has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I take it that you think they're full of it?

PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerManDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's also the matter of muscular energetics, yes.

Which is also nicely handled by this form of cardio, I should add.

I tried "clean cardio" yesterday, and after the 4th set, my arms were fatigued. It was to the point where I couldn't do the "catch" in proper form. I was doing the clean and press version. I am new to the whole clean and press movement, as the past few weeks, I was practicing the movement, because I am interested in this. Since I couldn't go any more after the 4th set, I just did 15 minutes of cardio. Forget it- the rest of the day (it's a good thing I had the day off) I was knocked out totally.

Even though I did only 4 sets, it seems this is more intense than cardio. With regular cardio, I could go hours if I wanted to- any intensity. With the clean cardio....it's a tough work out....for me at least. I usually have the stamina. I figure it's because I am relatively new.
    Willie
    h2o6

I don't think you're supposed to press it in the cardio version. Just hang-cleans. It's still a heck of a workout, but it doesn't wear your arms out that way.

In the article, it says "view similar excercises", and clean and press is one of them. I chose that one, because I thought I'd benefit most from using everything. Maybe next time I'll try a hang-clean. I'm up for anything.

I don't think you're supposed to press it in the cardio version. Just hang-cleans. It's still a heck of a workout, but it doesn't wear your arms out that way.
    Willie
    h2o6

the main concern with clean and press, I think, is that you could end up overtraining your arms if you already train them intensly on another day. Hang cleans mainly use core and some lower intensity leg actions. Also I think they chose hang cleans because they're faster. But I imagine either one will give a good high intensity cardio workout.

in case the article wasn't clear, a hang clean is like a regular clean except that you don't go all the way down. The bottom position is about knee level instead of the floor. You thrust upward with your legs at the same time as you pull with your arm, but don't curl the weight up. It's more of a shoulder thing. When the weight is shoulder hi, drop a little by bending at the knees slightly and come under it. You should minimize any pulling with the arms at this point. Instead try to move your elbows under the weight, then straighten your knees once you've caught it.
    Last edited by ec_money; 03-06-2004 at 04:53 AM.

Yeah, that article was a little hard for me to follow, since I am new to any type of "cleans". I feel stupid with this 45lb bar and nothing on it getting all worked up. The way you explained it gives me a better idea.

in case the article wasn't clear, a hang clean is like a regular clean except that you don't go all the way down. The bottom position is about knee level instead of the floor. You thrust upward with your legs at the same time as you pull with your arm, but don't curl the weight up. It's more of a shoulder thing. When the weight is shoulder hi, drop a little by bending at the knees slightly and come under it. You should minimize any pulling with the arms at this point. Instead try to move your elbows under the weight, then straighten your knees once you've caught it.
    Willie
    h2o6

supermonkey23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermonkey23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermonkey23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supermonkey23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm bumping this because I want to see more opinions. This sounds amazing.

powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerhouse101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ec_money View Post
    So I take it that you think they're full of it?
    lol i think that is the case