Closed Thread

Thread: fit?

kye90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question fit?

yeah, some of y'all might be quite buffed, but whos actually fit?

post yer resting heart rates here sil vous plait. (please)
    "if ya cant beat'em, bite'em" M.TYSON

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah, a French-speaking Irishman!

72 beats/minute.

I'm 15 years old.

Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)
    79/minute

17 years old

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got 64/minute

15 years old.

*note: people from Northern Ireland (part of the UK) are British

but yeah, not bad, pretty good numbers there.

the thing im actually wondering is, does your resting heart rate drop as you grow older in comparison to your MHR?

i took my heart rate this morning when i got out of bed, and it was 70bpm(19 years old), and i know during a normal day it fluctuates between 80 and about 100.

but bearing in my your MHR is 220 - AGE, obviously as you get older your MHR lowers, so does your resting heart rate do the same thing?

i was reading a book all about fitness that i have, and it gives examples of what resting heart rates are good, i think its like "80 = average, 70 = fit, 50 and below = very fit", although it doesnt mention anything about age.

maybe some older members got a beat on this info?

RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    right now (heart rate monitor) - 54 bpm

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its 'si vous plait'. The extra L turns the statement to gibberish pretty much.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    66 bpm
    almost 17
    weight training is the easiest thing to understand and the hardest to actually implement. - Dr. Ken Leistner

Miracles are attested, but what if they're instead some mix of charlantary, unfamiliar states of consciousness, misapprehensions of natural phenomena, and mental illness? No contemporary religion and no New Age belief seems to me to take sufficient account of the grandeur, magnificence, subtlety and intrcacy of the Universe revealed by science. The fact that so little of the findings of modern science is prefigured in Scripture to my mind casts further doubt on its divine inspiration. - Carl Sagan

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know what my heart rate is, but the fact that I'm too lazy to get up and find a watch speaks volumes. Since I broke my leg, I've been as unfit as a bastard. I run half a pitch on the hockey field, and I'm dead. Right now, I'm packing on the size, then by the time I'm about 200lbs (might take a long time...) I'm going to make like a marathon-runner and get fit.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just did it again and it was 77/minute...17 years old

I dont see how this shows how fit I am...I play basketball 2-3 days a week and no not with some old dudes at the YMCA. I play with people that are my age and play Varsity basketball. I am very fit. I can run(not walk) a mile without a problem.
    Someone explain this to me. Is it becaus I have a very fast metabolism?

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When you're exercising, your muscles are demanding more oxygen and all of that, so they need to get more blood to provide these things. To do this, your heart beats like a madman. Fitness is a measure of how hard your heard needs to work to provide your muscles with this, ie, number of beats per minute.
    So, the lower your heart rate, the more efficient your heart and all of that...
    I think that's about right, but then it might not be... Haha I rule...
    It's been a long time since I've done this at school.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tom your pretty much right..

A trained endurance athlete will have a low resting and maximum heart rate because the stroke volume of the heart has increased.

The heart is just like any other muscle, and will increase in size and strength with training.

When the heart gets stronger, it is able to pump the blood harder and thus empty more efficiently.. it is increasing what is called the End Systolic Volume, or the amount of blood left in the ventricles after it contracts.

When the heart gets more volumous, as a result of endurance training increasing the amount of veinous blood, you've increased the End Diastolic Volume, or the amount of blood that is in the ventricles when they are totally fillled.

Stroke Volume is EDV minus ESV. Cardiac Output is the Stroke Volume, multiplied by the Heart Rate. To maintain your cardiac output, Stroke volume is increase through endurance training(and a bit through strength training), and heart rate can be lowered.

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty much what the previous guys said. Your heart is stronger so it requires less beats to get the blood through your body. I do play basketball and other sports that involve running, so that's why mine is low.

err.... yeah, but none of that answers my question.... does resting heart rate get lower as you get older (not necessarily fitter) the same way your maximum heart rate does?

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Resting heart rate does not change as we get older like maximum heart rate does. Nor does Cardiac output. It does take longer to return to baseline heart rate following exercise. They make up for the lower heart rate during exercise by increasing stroke volume.

It makes sense, since their heart has been beating for that many more years than a young person's, that their heart has been 'training' longer, and they are able to get a great stroke volume.

thanks, thats all i needed to know

nataliepate32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know what my heart rate is but I do yoga every morning for 45 minutes also I am in a good shape.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2002 thread.