Chiefs1313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy How big of a deal is a pinched nerve??

The reason I ask is I am starting to think that is what I have in my neck. I will more then likely see a doctor in the next couple of days, but just want to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

How long, if at all, will I be out of the gym? Do they usually go away by themselves or does it NEED treatment?

MezzoMorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends how bad it is, I pinched one in my back a while back, only put me out for a month, and it hurt like a bitch, would make the right side of my upper back go completely numb. I would stay away from exercises that aggrivate it, maybe you won't need time off.

BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah...kinda hard to answer that one---I have had them in my back and neck and the amount of time to heal varies from time to time....did have a roomate who was a chiropractor......and she did wonders for it..also took some muscle relaxers...not sure what a doctor could do for it other that confirm thats what it is and make sure it doesnt have any complications...I would still hit the gym with mine ...and like Mezzo said---avoid doing things that aggrevate it....your body does try to speak to you so listen to it..........maybe a lot of leg days in your near future....good luck and hope it goes away on its own soon

Chiefs1313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going to hit the gym to day, I will be more attentive to my pain, but want to try and avoid a weak workout. I know I will be staying away from shrugs for a while lol.

Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pinched nerves can go away in a few days if you rest them or they can be so bad as to require surgery. You pick.

Peace