Marko959 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No surgery for rotator cuff -- yet

Went to see the surgeon about my rotator cuff today. He said that according to the MRI, the tear is small and may be able to heal by itself with therapy, which I start next week. If that doesn't help, then a shot of cortisone will be given next month.
    If it still doesn't come around, then surgery may be an option. However, the fact that it really doesn't hinder my lifestyle may mean that I won't have surgery at all, which would be great.

I don't play softball anymore, so I don't need to through, although I would like to. And I would like to start playing golf again. If I can get to where I can swing a golf club again, I'd be happy.

As far as workouts go, I'm sticking to lighter weights and eliminating the bench press. When I need to do chest work, it will either be on the Smith machine or nautilus type equipment. I know this isn't as good, but I just don't think it is worth taking a chance on.

Since I can't do side and lateral raises for my shoulders, does anyone have any ideas on other exercises for them. I mainly have done the overhead press and shoulder shrugs, but I think I need to strengthen other areas also.

Thanks

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just curious because i too have a rotator cuff injury, is there alot of pain after working out and do you have trouble with sleeping on your sides, and what meds does he have you on?

Hopefully the thereapy will help i've started doing the excercises type thereapy myself every day but i think its helping, Good luck mark
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was told not to do overhead movements when I hurt my rotator cuff. Yours might need a rest period altogether.

Do you take glucosamine/MSM/chondroitin? It seemed to help my rotator cuff problem somewhat. I still have some pain but nothing like I used to have.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    has anyone attempted to use my routine?

I have had many use it and it helped immensely.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have not. Is it in the article section?
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Originally posted by Dorian
    has anyone attempted to use my routine?

I have had many use it and it helped immensely.

Yes, I'm going to use the rotator cuff one the next time I work out. I was so brain fried from work that I forgot to use it the last time I worked out.

Do you have one for shoulders too? One that won't mess with the rotator cuff too much but will allow me to grow?

Thanks
    Last edited by Marko959; 01-08-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Originally posted by Hibiscus09
    I was told not to do overhead movements when I hurt my rotator cuff. Yours might need a rest period altogether.

Do you take glucosamine/MSM/chondroitin? It seemed to help my rotator cuff problem somewhat. I still have some pain but nothing like I used to have.
    Yes, I take it every day. It seems to help a little.

Originally posted by Macattack
    Just curious because i too have a rotator cuff injury, is there alot of pain after working out and do you have trouble with sleeping on your sides, and what meds does he have you on?

Hopefully the thereapy will help i've started doing the excercises type thereapy myself every day but i think its helping, Good luck mark
    I have some pain during the workout on certain days. Depends on how cold the gym is. I'm usually the most sore the day after. Not anything horrible though. It was worse when I was working out heavy.

Yes I do have trouble sleeping on my sides. I have learned to sleep on my back. It took some getting used to though.

I was using Vioxx for pain, but it had some, let's say, unfortunate side effects. The new stuff he gave me is called Bextra. My doctor said he took Vioxx for his knee, but that it gave him gas and bloating, so he switched to Bextra and he's able to tolerate it. I'll try to let you know how it's working. I just started it today.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian1.htm

as for shoulders I am going to write one in a few weeks. so hang in there.

Gracias! I'll check it out.

Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakerun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any update Marko on your rotator cuff?

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have had the same problem, and hurt it again a few days ago, getting better by the day though.

I use a kettle bell holding it upright, and do 20 bench reps with one each day left than right side separately. The idea behind it is to strengthen secondary muscles around the shoulder area you miss pushing heavier weights without perfect form (myself bench between 125-110 Kgs on a machine bench for more stability other than with an Olympic bar, until it is healed properly, if that happens).

Good luck with it, hope we all eventually recover properly, it is frustrating and painful. Probably one more day off after today for me other than the above and hitting the bag and back to it.