Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question How do you become a personal trainer?

I know there are a lot of different qualifications, but what's the best way to become a certified personal trainer?

What's the most recognized?

How do you study for it?

And are there other courses of study that can complement this certification (without another 4 years undergrad degree)?

I know Bally's offered a course, but to be honest, the trainers I knew there weren't the brightest on even basic nutrition?

I figure many of you are trainers so I'd love to hear what you have to say!

trnurbdy48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Ms. Lucy. There are many CPT certification programs out there. NASM and ISSA are two of the most recognized. I'm a NASM CPT. I chose NASM because they're nationally recognized and the program is all inclusive. When you've attained you're basic certification, you can then go onto to other certifications. Both NASM and ISSA offer online cert. programs. As my interest lies in Kinesiology, I am a proponent of the core method of training. NASM is the most well versed in this field. To me, it's not about the weight or the reps, it's about form and stability, composition and strength. Why does this occur, when this muscle is fired? What is the importance of proper nutrition in training? These are the important things to me. This is why I went with NASM. Most programs will take you about 3 to 6 months to complete. These programs don't require a college degree. That's up to you. The more knowledge you attain, the better trainer you'll be. After all of the years I've been into this, I still learn something new everyday!

You've asked pertinant questions. You'll make a GREAT Trainer!

Laurie - NASM CPT

lefthandedliz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm studying for my ACE certification right now. go to www.acefitness.org and all the information is there. plus, when you register on their website, they send you job leads too!

good luck!
    If a book was written about your life, would anyone want to read it?

Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Guys!

I have actually looked into all three of those certs. Right now I'm leaning on ISSA because I will be moving to Australia in about 5 years and I know it's recognised/ Price and online training is also a huge factor and as you mentioned, you may become certified and then simply test with another organization if you need that certification.

This is also as much for myself as for helping others. I've become so interested in learning how my body works and changes, and so excited talking about it with others, that I figure this would be a great start. Also, my hubby and are avid scuba divers and moving back to Aussie in order to take over his fathers shop. I think that learning about pt can be extremely beneficial in that field!

Thanks again for the comments--I'll keep you posted!

Lucy