willetts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going From 16" To 17"

My arms have been 16" for what seems like forever. My arms have gotten stronger in the past months but I've seen little growth. Please help me get to 17"!

Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Going From 16" To 17"

Originally posted by willetts
    My arms have been 16" for what seems like forever. My arms have gotten stronger in the past months but I've seen little growth. Please help me get to 17"!
    If your arms have gotten stronger then you're making progress. Just keep at it. You could also just change your routine around a little.
    "It's easy to praise yourself when all is going right, but I believe true character is found through adversity" - Ray Lewis

lucubration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do squats and rows.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat more protein and complex carbs.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    just give it time...

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Going From 16" To 17"

Originally posted by willetts
    And how much weight have you gained in that time? Are you eating more calories than you burn?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

bigoafreturns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Going From 16" To 17"

Originally posted by MiloMan
    And how much weight have you gained in that time? Are you eating more calories than you burn?
    bump gain 15 pounds and ur there

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's your diet like?

If you aren't bulking up, I'd suggest you start if you want your arms to grow.

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ive gained an inch+- over the past 5 months using this program for arms....

All my workouts consist of 5 second negatives keep in mind...

Bi/tri's day

Biceps (concentrate on the negative...5 seconds)

Standing straight bar curls
    1 warm up set 12-15
    3 sets 4-8

Isolated hammer curls (single-arm w/ db)
    3 sets 4-8

Triceps (concentrate on the negatives...5 seconds)

Nosebreaks
    1 warm up set 12-15
    3 sets 4-8

seated dips
    3 sets 4-8

close-grip bench
    3 sets 4-8

I get enormous pumps..and half way through my hands are numb while doing the movements for triceps, it feels as if my muscle is going to snap..not that pumps mean growth but its nice anyways.
    try this workout and your arms will surely grow.

bigoafreturns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not if hes not gainin weight

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by MakinItBIG
    half way through my hands are numb while doing the movements for triceps
    if your hands are numb that's not a good sign
    Booo

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    very bad sign, see a doctor about it.

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, if you're getting stronger, you are indeed making progress. Maybe you should try to increase your rep scheme a little bit but that's it. As long as you make progress, you'll see a change sooner or later.

Dick Fitzwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with most that you need to put on more weight for your arms to grow. Also, when you hit a plateau, you know it's time to change up your routine. The strength gains are a plus, but if you're looking for size and not seeing any progress there, mix it up a bit.

Throw in some high rep training, negatives, supersets or whatever to shock your muscles. I'm also a big believer in that heavy back exercises (deads, rows, pull-ups, etc) will stimulate your bi's to grow as well as heavy chest exercises (any bench..specifically close-grip, dips) will stimulate your tri's to grow. Maybe focus on these mass exercises, and throw in a few sets of direct arm work, and I bet you'll see results...but only if you up your calorie intake.

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    Really? i didnt think of it as a bad thing. Just because the pump is so big and while doing nosebreakers,the elbows are obviously bent...so because Im going so slow..the lactic acid is building, which I also get that feeling..and my hands almost feel numb. I didnt mean in the sense that they are tingling like if your foot falls asleep ya know? Just like my last rep or two at most, my hands feel a little weird.

The routine is working excellent for me, finally i found something.

there's a difference between feeling the "burn" and feeling numb. if it's in your actual hands you should see a doctor about that. could indicate poor circulation or something.

it's NOT normal to get a numb feeling in your hands from lifting.
    Booo

Well..maybe your right..but i was thinking something like this..
    since I get huge pumps while doing that routine and while doing nosebreakers, the elbows are bent and perhaps because so much blood is in my arms..a vein or something is being pinched while my elbow is bent and ..if you've ever tried 5 second neg's with those, on the way down, it is extremely painful at times due to the lactate build-up and doing 4-8 reps with that pain is very hard so maybe that is why my hands sort of feel "numb" while Im doing them????? it goes away as soon as I drop the weight down. but while im concentrating on bringing the weight down, sometimes it feel that way. hmm duno.

i don't know, i'm not a doctor, but what i do know is that that is a) not normal b) not good. you'd be a fool to rely upon your home diagnosis and stick your head in the sand going 'lalalalala, i'm fine', knowing that nobody else gets that. it may be nothing or it may be some serious underlying issue, i dunno.
    Booo

i don't know, i'm not a doctor, but what i do know is that that is a) not normal b) not good. you'd be a fool to rely upon your home diagnosis and stick your head in the sand going 'lalalalala, i'm fine', knowing that nobody else gets that. it may be nothing or it may be some serious underlying issue, i dunno.
    Booo