d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to avoid getting fat while bulking?

I gain fat very easily and i want to avoid gaining too much of it when i start bulking on 1/5/2004. So how should i structure my diet? How many calories per pound of weight should i be eating? And what kind of macronutrient breakdown?

slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

just get plenty of iron in your diet, oh and lots of fibre ul b healthy

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: How to avoid getting fat while bulking?

Originally posted by d!abolic
    I gain fat very easily and i want to avoid gaining too much of it when i start bulking on 1/5/2004. So how should i structure my diet? How many calories per pound of weight should i be eating? And what kind of macronutrient breakdown?
    I would eat clean foods, and attempt to gain about .5-1 pound a week. Be sure to get around 1g-1.5g's of protein per pound of bodyweight. Personally, I just center my carbs around my workout and at breakfast. (usually 70g @ breakfast, 70g pre-workout, 60g in post-workout shake, and then 100g in my post-workout meal) then for my other meals i just eat protein + fat meals.

As for amount of calories, IMO you sould just start tracking your calories now, and find your maintenance caloric intake, then when 1/5/2004 comes around, start eating around 200-300 calories above maintenance.

TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great advice by oddball, also you could add in a small session of cardio 2x a week which helps some avoid the fat gain.

If you eat clean and aim for .5-1lb of gain a week you will minimize fat gain.

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by slime
    just get plenty of iron in your diet, oh and lots of fibre ul b healthy

lol, you didnt answer his question

basically do what oddball and supakorean said
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

swissknife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually eating fiber does answer the question. Fiber will help remove the fat from the body and turn it into energy, or so I hear.

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Do everything oddball said, and maybe look into Avant Lab's Leptigen Mass when it comes out. It is supposed to be designed specifically for your situation.

TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by swissknife
    Actually eating fiber does answer the question. Fiber will help remove the fat from the body and turn it into energy, or so I hear.
    Fiber removes fat?? Got any articles or a link to source of that? Just curious.

Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I'm also getting ready to bulk, at the end of december-mid january, and I'm in the same boat as you. Over the past year I've experimented with every nutritional combination imagineable.

What I've found suits me best is to "slowly", increase calorie intake, over several months, until I hit between 2500-3000, Yes.. that might seem low for a bulk, but for me that's all I need otherwise I'm gaining too fast. Oddball has it down exact and I totally agree.

SO how I see it.. if you start bulking on Jan 5th, you should be fine until the end of april, and then I would consider cutting for summer.

Also at 2500-3000 cal's a day, 30 min cardio a day 6 days a week +, 3 days weight lifting, IMO, I find fits me perfect I still gain a substantial amount of weight while keeping my BF% relatively in check.

Good Luck bro !
    Always, under the underneath...
    =======
    Once the power of the mind is harnessed, any goal is reachable.
    =======
    Exercise is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental, the rest is up to you.

d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    30 min of cardio 6 days a week? You're crazy...

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)
    30 min of cardio 6 days a week? You're crazy...
    no need for that. since your bulking, weight lifting takes priority over cardio (hell, even when cutting i think weights should still be more of a priority then cardio).

keep it to 1-2 cardio sessions per week, and try to keep then seperate from your lifting days

Originally posted by swissknife
    i think you heard wrong. but if you can, i'd love it if you would post some reasearch or the source that you got it from.

if fiber did actually do that, then i think a lot more people would be drinking down metamucil(sp?) and phsyllum husk.

slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slime has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down

dont lisen to the other stoopid advice. jus eat healthy

consumer of eggs and tuna Space Monkey's Avatar
    Space Monkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    fiber slows the abosorption rate of other foods and lowers the glycemic effect of high glycemic foods.

Re: Re: How to avoid getting fat while bulking?

Originally posted by oddball182
    I would eat clean foods, and attempt to gain about .5-1 pound a week. Be sure to get around 1g-1.5g's of protein per pound of bodyweight. Personally, I just center my carbs around my workout and at breakfast. (usually 70g @ breakfast, 70g pre-workout, 60g in post-workout shake, and then 100g in my post-workout meal) then for my other meals i just eat protein + fat meals.

As for amount of calories, IMO you sould just start tracking your calories now, and find your maintenance caloric intake, then when 1/5/2004 comes around, start eating around 200-300 calories above maintenance.
    Am i gonna be alright with simple carbs (rice, mashed potato, etc) in my post-workout meal? Also, is the 70g pre-workout part of your pre-workout shake? Or just a meal you eat several hours earlier?