Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tall vs short guys, strength and aesthetics.

Hey everyone, was wondering what you all think are the advantages and disadvantages of being tall compared to short or vice versa. With regards to aesthetics and looking ripped with big muscles, and also about the physical strength and leverage advantages for shorter compared to taller.

For example you could say a tall guy might have trouble filling out and looking aesthetic while a shorter guy would find it easier because his muscle is compacted into a smaller area. But the tall guy has more 'potential' to eventually look way bigger than his shorter friend if he manages to fill out his bigger frame. Also wouldn't a shorter guy have an easier time benching and deadlifting because he has to move the weight less distance? And with deadlift especially he starts off with a greater mechanical advantage because he is shorter?

My friend and I have been gyming together for about 2 years now and he has always been ahead of me in terms of strength, he can deadlift more, bench more, do more pullups, pushups,etc. The only thing i win in is sprints and even then its only because of my longer stride and faster top speed, he can still accelerate and turn quicker than me. I weigh 75kg and he is on about 68kg, I'm 6ft 2in and he is about a head shorter than me. He's asian from vietnam and I'm white from australia.
    Sorry for the huge detail, just wanted to make sure I explained everything. Also its strange how he is stronger than me, he has a pretty thick chest but does not actually 'look' very strong. I on the other hand have a pretty decent physique and more apparent muscle.(not trying to be arrogant or anything just saying) The point is we always argue about this, i say he has the advantage for weightlifting being short and he always says I have the greater potential to end up bigger, and can run faster. Do you reckon my friend is helped by his short stature on deadlifts and bench or is he just plain stronger than me?

So what do you reckon is best for aesthetics and strength tall or short? Pro's and con's of each? Kgo!

Also first thread I've done so don't rip me apart if its a bad one please

LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Firstly KenyonDonaldson Welcome to our community, in terms of strenght is equal in both sides either you are tall or short,the big advantajes the short guy may have is:fast gains(bulked,ripped and aesthetics) but in the end the taller guy will always look bigger and will be,in center of atention because he have more and long muscle fibers to bulk so from the begging the tall guy have more muscles than shorter, even if he looks leaner and small he have the pottential to make the diffrence in near future.
    Gods never flex, because they already are, in a state of shrewdness and flexed muscles.

woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woolegend21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah man I lift with my younger brother who is 6'2 180 lb and I hear it all the time that people think he looks bigger. Even though when they come to the gym with him and see me lift there shocked at how much more i can do then him. Makes me laugh so much
    Free Agent

allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allrealNJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KenyonDonaldson View Post
    For example you could say a tall guy might have trouble filling out and looking aesthetic while a shorter guy would find it easier because his muscle is compacted into a smaller area. But the tall guy has more 'potential' to eventually look way bigger than his shorter friend if he manages to fill out his bigger frame.
    This.

I think the ideal height for getting as aesthetic as possible as quickly as possible is 6'0". Tall enough to be a dominant physical presence but short enough that its not terribly difficult to put on visible muscle mass due to limb length.

KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenyonDonaldson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like these replies, thanks guys!

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    im also 6'2, its def worth it being taller, im filling out nicely after 1.5 years

we have an advantage on deads since our arms are longer, a disadvantage on bench for the same reason, and a disadvantage on squats b/c of long legs
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey everyone, was wondering what you all think are the advantages and disadvantages of being tall compared to short or vice versa. With regards to aesthetics and looking ripped with big muscles, and also about the physical strength and leverage advantages for shorter compared to taller.

For example you could say a tall guy might have trouble filling out and looking aesthetic while a shorter guy would find it easier because his muscle is compacted into a smaller area. But the tall guy has more 'potential' to eventually look way bigger than his shorter friend if he manages to fill out his bigger frame. Also wouldn't a shorter guy have an easier time benching and deadlifting because he has to move the weight less distance? And with deadlift especially he starts off with a greater mechanical advantage because he is shorter?

My friend and I have been gyming together for about 2 years now and he has always been ahead of me in terms of strength, he can deadlift more, bench more, do more pullups, pushups,etc. The only thing i win in is sprints and even then its only because of my longer stride and faster top speed, he can still accelerate and turn quicker than me. I weigh 75kg and he is on about 68kg, I'm 6ft 2in and he is about a head shorter than me. He's asian from vietnam and I'm white from australia.
    Sorry for the huge detail, just wanted to make sure I explained everything. Also its strange how he is stronger than me, he has a pretty thick chest but does not actually 'look' very strong. I on the other hand have a pretty decent physique and more apparent muscle.(not trying to be arrogant or anything just saying) The point is we always argue about this, i say he has the advantage for weightlifting being short and he always says I have the greater potential to end up bigger, and can run faster. Do you reckon my friend is helped by his short stature on deadlifts and bench or is he just plain stronger than me?

So what do you reckon is best for aesthetics and strength tall or short? Pro's and con's of each? Kgo!

Imo height and **** doesn't really give huge leverages, e.g. I'm 5'10" my armspan is 6'2", look at my bench and then look at my deadlift, see what I mean?

bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

For a bodybuilder being short would be an advantage, for a weight lifter being tall would be an advantage. That's why bb come in all different heights while professional weight lifters are usually 6ft +

BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigMike373 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You make a good point im also a short guy. So alot of that seems to be true, shorter guys like me look really bulky when we gain muscle. And its easier to lift due to the shorter limbs as you said because their not as long and a tall guy's arms or legs IMO.

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We feel out easier, but kind of look ridiculous outside of the gym.
    If you are short and wide it just looks funny.
    Life story brah

Taller in long run is better.

LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeoJam3s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yea and taller guys tend to be more disproportioned and hunched, i've seen real life...
    Gods never flex, because they already are, in a state of shrewdness and flexed muscles.

TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBuffmuffin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Life story brah

Lol you sound like a no confidence *******. Being short does not look redicolous outside of the gym.

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheBuffmuffin View Post
    Lol you sound like a no confidence *******. Being short does not look redicolous outside of the gym.
    This
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    short guys will look like they're growing faster because of small frame.. tall guys have advantages on squats and deadlifts but short guys have advantages on bench press because of short arms /thread
    CBP!!!

CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends on how short.. this guy at my gym is like a ****in hobbit its hilarious i cant even take him seriously
    CBP!!!

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No im not a no confidence ***got.
    A short guy that is really wide looks ****ing hilarious.
    I'm talking about when it gets out of proportion wide to height ratio.

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LeoJam3s View Post
    Yea and taller guys tend to be more disproportioned and hunched, i've seen real life...
    No? I'm 6 ft with great posture so is my 6'5 teammate.

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    short manlets: can pack on a lot of mass fast. generally can lift more because of their shorter limbs so the weight has to travel less distance

tall kunts: takes longer to become visually aesthetic, but once they get there, they look 1000x better than a stocky manlet

being tall>being short
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000) GymShowerNap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    short manlets: can pack on a lot of mass fast. generally can lift more because of their shorter limbs so the weight has to travel less distance

tall kunts: takes longer to become visually aesthetic, but once they get there, they look 1000x better than a stocky manlet

being tall>being short

Lol tall people can be stocky/blocky too. It has nothing to do with height, but hip/waist proportions...

If a manlett and a tall guy both had same proportions, they would look the same in pics but taller would look much bigger irl.

mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not being mean but yes your friend is probably stronger than you, you're 165 @ 6'2". You have a lot of room to grow. And you're saying your friend is ~6-7" shorter than you, and you only have like 15 pounds on him. He has way more muscle than you.

Taller people have a higher maximum strength. All the strongest people in the world are 6' plus. I know the world record benchpress guy is 6'2" just like you.

Shorter people tend to be able to look thicker and fuller a lot easier, hence the reason that most Mr. Olympia's are about 5' 10"
    "lifting weights isn't a ****ing science fair project..." - dbcb314

Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100) Oby1Kenobi is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

Bulk to 200lbs and you will see why taller=better.

SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SerratusGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Comes down to proportion. Look at Frank Zane, 5'9 and looks 6'1 and huge. He also doesn't look too short next to Arnold. Even Mike Mentzer at 5'8 looks pretty good. I'm only 5'8 but yes, the taller, the larger 'presence' you'll emit. But the shorter, the better for punching power/accuracy and speed!

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

LOL! this is exactly like me and my mate.
    My mate's about 6ft @ 70kg and i'm 5'5 @ 83kgs, i can accelerate and be at top speed faster but then he just zooms past me if we go for distance. For weightlifting, he finds it hard for deadlifts and squats, i can see it in his posture and build: his limbs are way too long but he can still get technique if he practices. I can outlift him though i have a year or two more experience in lifting and 13kgs on him :l
    Both have pros and cons, but I'd personally prefer being taller as it has more pros in general life
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by itwasntme184 View Post
    im also 6'2, its def worth it being taller, im filling out nicely after 1.5 years

we have an advantage on deads since our arms are longer, a disadvantage on bench for the same reason, and a disadvantage on squats b/c of long legs
    Meh that disadvantage is somewhat over exaggerated imo, we get a much bigger stretch reflex for example, thats why you almost never see long limbed people fail on the bottom of the bench/squat.

I somehow doubt I would be putting up bigger numbers if I were shorter, however, I might be stronger pound for pound.

But bishes be mirin' dem height much more.

MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000) MrrB is just really nice. (+1000)
    You guys say that a shorter person can fill out further but how much of it would be muscle compared to a tall guy?

I would think that a taller guy is capable of putting on muscle at a faster rate, it's just with his height make it less noticeable.

Do you think someone who's 5'4 and another who's 6'4 can put on the same amount of muscle in a given time frame?
    Don't set your goals so that they can be achieved, set your goals so that you can redefine achievable.

*Teen Misc Rap Crew*

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrrB View Post
    You guys say that a shorter person can fill out further but how much of it would be muscle compared to a tall guy?

I would think that a taller guy is capable of putting on muscle at a faster rate, it's just with his height make it less noticeable.

Do you think someone who's 5'4 and another who's 6'4 can put on the same amount of muscle in a given time frame?
    Are you trying to say that the taller or 'larger' guy who has a larger body compared to the short guy, will have an advantage through muscle recovery, protein synthesis, enzyme volume etc? Well, pretty much everything.
    I was gonna say that both put on the same amount of muscle but it'll be harder to notice on a larger body.. but then I thought of the above.
    EDIT: Actually.. I take my word back, the taller guy won't have advantage of building more muscle via internal functions.. because we all balance out, we will put on the same amount of muscle, it'll just be harder to notice on a taller body.
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) neverquit2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm 6 ft 6 and i can honestly say adding mass is a royal pain in the butt. I weigh 215 pounds and i still don't even look that big. When you're super tall, you have a ton of added weight because of bone mass, and therefore you have to eat a ton more calories than the average joe. Right now i'm eating 4500 calories/day just to MAINTAIN my weight. I need to be eating 5000/day so that i can bulk, but i just can't stomach that many. i'm already getting sick everyday.

As far as benching and squatting, it's a lot harder for tall guys since we have a lot farther to travel.

Personally, i don't like being tall. I'd have been content to stop growing at around 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2.

chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chad643 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Life story brah

this

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think the best way to look at it is... Who gives a f*ck? if you're short, you're not gonna walk around in ****ing high heels, and if you're tall and wanna be smaller, what you gonna do? cut a few inches off your legs?

Just get the most out of your body and play to your advantages
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

Starting weight: 140lbs blakeob12's Avatar
    blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blakeob12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by neverquit2012 View Post
    I'm 6 ft 6 and i can honestly say adding mass is a royal pain in the butt.
    Personally, i don't like being tall. I'd have been content to stop growing at around 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2.

this exactly, brb eating twice as much as other people and only putting on small amounts while they gain lots. at 6'4 everyone asks "do you play basketball" or "wow, how tall are you?" gets annoying when everyone you meet says one of the two
    -----++ Positive Crew ++-----

CamelJockey for #1 most inspirational!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/CamelJockey/

Reps on site: outtawhey, GoldenGains