RazorTongue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beer belly + Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Hi. Been trying to solve my obnoxious beer belly + APT for quite some long time. Been finding contradictory opinions (avoid/do more squats, do or don't do planks...), even through Reddit and different bodybuilding sites. Looks like a curse. Lots of stretching of psoas and strengthening abs but it won't go away, even it seems to worsen my situation.

On the other hand, I know I must do some cardio and cutting. I'm thoroughly 1'70 m and ~75 kg. Of course I love my beer but I think I've gone overboard for some time. Not willing to quit it entirely but surely I'll have to keep a log of calories. What would you advice in terms of calorie intake/macros/workout program? I've been adviced many ones (i.e. Fierce 5) and keeping up constantly but I see no evolution... So now I guess taking only ONE program will keep me focused for some time in order to see noticeable results.

Could provide pictures on request if needed.

Thanks in advance. Best!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You cannot target/spot reduce fat, so exercises that target the core will do nothing for losing the belly. But the APT, often times strengthening the posterior chain, hamstrings, and the glutes will help to correct this (glute bridges, RDL's), in addition to stretches that target hip flexors, etc.

The only thing you can do is eat in a calorie deficit while following a proven strength training program to build/maintain muscle. Your genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off.

Go back 1 page, read the Don't Look Past the Basics sticky thread near the top of the forum.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 03-08-2023 at 01:46 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You cannot target/spot reduce fat, so exercises that target the core will do nothing for losing the belly.

The only thing you can do is eat in a calorie deficit while following a proven strength training program to build/maintain muscle. Your genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off.

Go back 1 page, read the Don't Look Past the Basics sticky thread near the top of the forum.
    Sure, what I was aiming at is something that takes care of my cutting phase as well as a pronounced anterior pelvic tilt, i.e. forbidden exercises or things to consider while working out.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RazorTongue View Post
    Sure, what I was aiming at is something that takes care of my cutting phase as well as a pronounced anterior pelvic tilt, i.e. forbidden exercises or things to consider while working out.
    I edited my response above IRT the APT.

Not sure what you mean when you say "something that takes care of my cutting phase".
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, how much do you squat and deadlift? You've been asking about APT for years now. I'm curious how far along you've been training.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    OP, how much do you squat and deadlift? You've been asking about APT for years now. I'm curious how far along you've been training.
    Indeed I've been, for no workout routine has improved my condition and, as I mentioned before, some have even discredited such routines, so I'm not sure where should I've been heading forward. For squats I'm around 80 kg (for 8 reps) and deadlifting 100 kg for 5 reps.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RazorTongue View Post
    Indeed I've been, for no workout routine has improved my condition and, as I mentioned before, some have even discredited such routines, so I'm not sure where should I've been heading forward. For squats I'm around 80 kg (for 8 reps) and deadlifting 100 kg for 5 reps.
    So you haven't progressed very far. Keep working at it.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    So you haven't progressed very far. Keep working at it.
    Not that I'm boasting of anything, more on the contrary, for I'm being very cautious due to the aforementioned reasons. What I was asking for are general guidelines to do so without worsening my condition, so I'm able to progress a bit farther..

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try tilting your pelvis towards your posterior.