StaindNtanted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Courage to Change

Well my name is drew and im 5'7, 173 lbs with no real strength. I've decided to loose weight and know that i have a long journey ahead but i felt that these pics were motivation for me to start. If anyone has suggestions let me know. My goal is to get to 140lbs in 4 months.

Thanks
    -Drew
    Attached Images
    Last edited by StaindNtanted; 11-30-2003 at 02:43 PM.

big chest
    Attached Images

sideshot pics arent great but you get the idea.
    Attached Images

last one of me from the side again.
    Attached Images

hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: The Courage to Change

Originally posted by StaindNtanted
    Well my name is drew and im 5'7, 173 lbs with no real strength. I've decided to loose weight and know that i have a long journey ahead but i felt that these pics were motivation for me to start. If anyone has suggestions let me know. My goal is to get to 140lbs in 4 months.

Thanks
    -Drew
    I would say your goal of a 33 pound loss in 4 months is a little on the high side. Weight loss of approx. 1 lb. a week is safest and will ensure that it is fat and not muscle. Sometimes, weight loss stagnates and some weeks you won't lose any. So maybe set shorter weight loss goals, such as 5 pounds at the end of 3 weeks, or a strength/cardio goal. (IMO). Good luck
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF

TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSupaKorean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your goal is plenty possible especially with water weight initially lost. I dropped from 178-145 in 12 weeks which was roughly 33 lbs. Heh 7 in the first week

Best of luck losing the unwanted weight and we're here to support help ya if you have questions.

i could really use some help putting together a food plan can anyon help? this is all i have that i know cant be enough to eat:

protein shake with toast
    Turkey sandwitch with onions, little mayo and lettuce
    protein shake
    (Workout)
    protein shake
    tuna sandwitch
    protien shake

What can i add to to my meal plan and build on what i have?

Monti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Re: The Courage to Change

Originally posted by hotgymchick
    I would say your goal of a 33 pound loss in 4 months is a little on the high side. Weight loss of approx. 1 lb. a week is safest and will ensure that it is fat and not muscle. Sometimes, weight loss stagnates and some weeks you won't lose any. So maybe set shorter weight loss goals, such as 5 pounds at the end of 3 weeks, or a strength/cardio goal. (IMO). Good luck
    Bump, good advice.

Monti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by StaindNtanted
    i could really use some help putting together a food plan can anyon help? this is all i have that i know cant be enough to eat:

protein shake with toast
    Turkey sandwitch with onions, little mayo and lettuce
    protein shake
    (Workout)
    protein shake
    tuna sandwitch
    protien shake

What can i add to to my meal plan and build on what i have?
    - go for low GI carbs, so use wholegrain bread for the toast.
    - add some EFA's (flax oil, nuts)
    - add some veggies (broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower etc)
    - low fat cottage cheese is good before bed
    - add lots of fiber early in teh day (wheatbran is good, or oatmeal)

Most important count all your calories, and aim for 500 below maintenance per day.

BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat 1700-1800 calories a day. Try and make your energy come from a 40:40:20 ratio of carbs/proteins/fats. As you drop weight, you'll also have to drop calories to keep loosing weight. Make it around 10x or 11x your bodyweight as a rough guide only.

It is very important to have a good cardio routine. Do 30 minutes twice a week to start with, then up to three or four times a week once you get used to it (trust me, that 30 minutes that seems to go for 3 hours at the start seems more like 10 minutes after a week or two).

Also do weight training! This is not only great for weight loss, it will also help you to look defined and make sure you are loosing fat not muscle (although I think this is the normal order in which your body gets it's energy when loosing weight, pumping iron is only going to ensure that and do a hell of a lot of other good in the process!).
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    /\ good advice

Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zachary is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by BuggerOff
    Eat 1700-1800 calories a day. Try and make your energy come from a 40:40:20 ratio of carbs/proteins/fats. As you drop weight, you'll also have to drop calories to keep loosing weight. Make it around 10x or 11x your bodyweight as a rough guide only.

It is very important to have a good cardio routine. Do 30 minutes twice a week to start with, then up to three or four times a week once you get used to it (trust me, that 30 minutes that seems to go for 3 hours at the start seems more like 10 minutes after a week or two).

Also do weight training! This is not only great for weight loss, it will also help you to look defined and make sure you are loosing fat not muscle (although I think this is the normal order in which your body gets it's energy when loosing weight, pumping iron is only going to ensure that and do a hell of a lot of other good in the process!).
    Excellent advice, though I should note that the part about fat + muscle is a tad off. Just about any time you're under maintenance calories, you're going to lose a little bit of muscle -- whether the body uses fat or muscle is an incredibly complex 'choice' based on hormones, etc. and sadly the body will use muscle in a lot of situations, even in the overfat. As a result of this, most reccomend not to cut calories too hard (10-12x on a diet is a good guideline, but if you're not losing, you obviously have to cut more) and to do weight training to help build back any muscle lost.