Closed Thread

Thread: Spinning

Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Infin1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spinning

is spinning any good than hiit?

BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's that class where they bark at you when you ride your bike, right? We have a similair thing, but it's called "RPM".

And the answer is "yes". It's bloody fantastic. In my opinion, it snots HIIT (which apparantly only goes for 15 minutes!), but there are a lot who disagree with me. That's another argument taking place in a different thread, so I don't want to bring it here.

But you can be sure of one thing: if "spinning" is like the "RPM" we have here, yes it is very good. But like everything in life, you only get out of it what you put into it. Go hard.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My guess would be yes. From what I've seen these workouts look to be pretty tough and intense. My Exercise and Physiology class is going on a trip in a month or so to a gym to take a spinning class.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do this 4 times per week as hard as I can. I think its great. Its like anything else you get out of what you put into it.

Registered User Pump that iron!'s Avatar
    Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)
    What exactly is spinning? I know it's when you ride on a stationary bike but can anyone offer me the specifics?
    I rep back for those with 1k+ rep power.

BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuggerOff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's an aerobics class taken by a proper instructor. It actually <i>includes</i> HIIT, so it is HIIT and more.

The instructor has a bike facing the whole class, just like a regular aerobics class. They pump out up-beat music really loudly while yelling at you through their microphone all sorts of motivational crap.

You do different things such as setting the intensity up really high (so high you have to get right out of the bike seat and still go really slowly), then you might set it right down and sprint flat-out for 1 minute, then back up high and out of the saddle.

Etc. etc.

I find it's really quite good and I do it when I feel like a bit of company. It's fantastic for people who have trouble pushing themselves. If you are not absolutely buggered after a class, either the instructor is crap or you were cheating. Great stuff.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by BuggerOff
    It's an aerobics class taken by a proper instructor. It actually <i>includes</i> HIIT, so it is HIIT and more.

The instructor has a bike facing the whole class, just like a regular aerobics class. They pump out up-beat music really loudly while yelling at you through their microphone all sorts of motivational crap.

You do different things such as setting the intensity up really high (so high you have to get right out of the bike seat and still go really slowly), then you might set it right down and sprint flat-out for 1 minute, then back up high and out of the saddle.

Etc. etc.

I find it's really quite good and I do it when I feel like a bit of company. It's fantastic for people who have trouble pushing themselves. If you are not absolutely buggered after a class, either the instructor is crap or you were cheating. Great stuff.
    Good summary. I'ts the closest thing I've found to that after football practice feeling that I've been able to find.

peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peternf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can burn like 1000 calories if you spin hard. I'd recommend setting up your spin bike in a way that's comfortable to go for longer sessions. It actually takes some tweaking to get it set up just right.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2003 thread.