Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Hola, would you reccomend these splits for a natural lifter?

i would be interested to know as well. it's great to see others' ideas, but hard to tell sometimes what is feasible given different circumstances. in the past i probably would have thought that this would be overtraining unless you slept like 10 hours a night and had possible supplementation. but if it not then that's even better, cuz it looks great and i'd like to try it. already doing basically the same split, but this has a little more balls to it with the number of sets and exercises.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by surrealfiend View Post

i would be interested to know as well. it's great to see others' ideas, but hard to tell sometimes what is feasible given different circumstances. in the past i probably would have thought that this would be overtraining unless you slept like 10 hours a night and had possible supplementation. but if it not then that's even better, cuz it looks great and i'd like to try it. already doing basically the same split, but this has a little more balls to it with the number of sets and exercises.
    Since he's natural and he did them, I would say yes.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8 View Post
    Let the hero worship begin!
    LOL... that brief windy sensation was balls flying past your chin

Cha Cha Cha

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Let the hero worship begin!

"Oh W8, I've admired you for so long! The intensity you show in your videos is nothing short of amazing, and the resolve you've exhibited during your battle with low test levels is truly inspiring. In short, you are my hero. Please don't ever stop posting here on bb.com, or else I just may have to end it all"
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheCore View Post
    Interesting, hope to see your Consolidated Diet Thread soon...
    Don't hold your breath. I've attemted to give diet advice before, but its one of those areas where there are so many variables between people... of course you can make general guidelines and point them in the right direction, but ultimately I think they're going to have to figure it out for themselves based on their own body type/metabolism/goals/etc.

Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
    Great thread Hola.

Could you clarrify your thoughts on set/rep schemes that you've used with your programs for those who haven't followed one of your journals?
    I've used about any set/rep scheme you can imagine... I've even done small cycles of 5x5 for squats/deads. I purposely didn't specify sets/reps on any of the routines so lifters can adjust the workouts to fit their experience level. A noob would most likely be better off using less total sets and a less advanced rep scheme, straight sets for example, while an advanced lifter could handle more volume and pryamiding/drop sets. However, I think EVERYONE should do 1-2 light sets (12-15 reps, not to failure) on each exercise to warmup before jumping into the heavier work sets.

Originally Posted by t-p-c View Post
    At what level of training do you think one should be at to take on one of these routines? I'm guessing these programs are not intended for the novice/intermediate?
    All of these routines can be adjusted to any lifters experience level... which is why I only listed # of sets on 1 of them (and only because I already had it typed up like that for myself). IMO, exercises I recommend are pretty basic and can be performed by anyone. The only thing I would change from novice to intermediate to advanced is the number of sets you do for each exercise and the rep scheme.

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    i was looking over your workout volume, and im wondering how much strength drop do you have from your first exercise to your second? I look at your volume and i believe i can use similar volume but my strength drops so quickly half way through the workout im almost using warm-up weights

example: flat db bench first exercise, 2 warmups, 3 worksets, and im using around 95pound dumbells, my second exercise incline db bench my working weight drops down to 70pound dumbells, and continues to drop
    How much rest are you taking between sets? For my first few exercises, when I'm concerned with my strength levels, I make sure to take enough rest to try and minimize strength drop as much as possible. I won't be using the same weight I could if I was 100% fresh, but I still manage to use decent weights even at the end of my workouts.

The example you used makes perfect sense to me. Not only are you going to be tired, but you're doing incline second which you'll already be weaker on. Taking longer rests between sets is about the only thing you can do besides switching up the order of your exercises.

Originally Posted by Iron Nima View Post
    Upper/Lower and Full Body routines aren't supposed to take ages. The idea is that you used a few simple exercises and perhaps an isolation to work the entire body or upper/lower. It's meant to be less focused.
    I didn't particularly like Upper/Lower before and doing it the way you just described I would like it even less.

Originally Posted by surrealfiend View Post

Yes, of course. Obviously supplements, more rest, and a better diet will allow you to recover faster, but like I've said before, the overall workload for these routines can be adjust to fit anyone. The only routine I listed sets for was meant to be an example of what I would use, not the norm or minimum for everyone.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) surrealfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    roger, just checkin

raising the bar for everyone, thanks a lot

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't like to be stuck on the same rep and set schemes also, I've gone from 1x3 to 10x10...

Just give it a fair go and see what happens...

As long as you focus on progressing with whatever routine you do (no matter the volume), you won't wast your time!

TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBlackSanta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, if I did the 12 day, hola approved rotation... will I look like you in a few months?

I need to impress my fellow Santas

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheBlackSanta View Post
    So, if I did the 12 day, hola approved rotation... will I look like you in a few months?

Maybe in a year or 3, who knows

Genetics play a big part though, than there is also dedication, not just in the gym, but also out of the gym...

Your lifestyle, eating and sleeping habits contribute a huge part aswell!

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheCore View Post
    I don't like to be stuck on the same rep and set schemes also, I've gone from 1x3 to 10x10...

Just give it a fair go and see what happens...

As long as you focus on progressing with whatever routine you do (no matter the volume), you won't wast your time!
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by TheBlackSanta View Post

That all depends on what you look like now.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I've attemted to give diet advice before, but its one of those areas where there are so many variables between people... of course you can make general guidelines and point them in the right direction, but ultimately I think they're going to have to figure it out for themselves based on their own body type/metabolism/goals/etc.
    Yeah, I don't know many other people who can "cut" and still drink a gallon of milk a day.
    I don't know either lol

zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50) zspturbo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks.

I haven't posted my current diet, but I'm in the process of leaning up so its right at 4,000 cals.

CUTTING at 4,000 cals?
    wow.

OK I'm saving this as a word file, might have to consider one of those for my next program...
    Guess what?!?!?!?! Being HYOOGE isn't that great! Most girls think it's gross, and most normal guys think it's overcompensating for something... But you go ahead and keep on bulking at 15% bodyfat, keep rowing untill your lats are so big you can't sit in a regular car seat, keep shrugging untill you don't have a neck anymore, have fun with it if you really enjoy it... But don't criticize and berate me because I lift for different reasons than you.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Was there any purpose for doing these different routines? I'm asking cus I don't think I've been here long enough to see all of those. Was it to fit your schedule at different time? Were there other factors involved as well?

Yeah, I don't know many other people who can "cut" and still drink a gallon of milk a day.
    Its actually about 3/4 of a gallon. I go through 5 gallons a week.

Originally Posted by zspturbo View Post
    CUTTING at 4,000 cals?
    wow.

OK I'm saving this as a word file, might have to consider one of those for my next program...
    4,000 on days I workout, about 3600 on off days. Good deal, let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    Was there any purpose for doing these different routines? I'm asking cus I don't think I've been here long enough to see all of those. Was it to fit your schedule at different time? Were there other factors involved as well?
    Fitting into a certain schedule was one of the factors, but there were others as well. I like coming up with new ideas for splits and trying them out. The differences between the routines should be pretty obvious to most people. The 4 day split was designed because I wanted to put a twist on a basic Upper/Lower split by pairing Vertical/Horizontal Push/Pull and vice versa, and I wanted to have a day for smaller bodyparts... arms, traps, calves, forearms.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very cool, HB. Next time I'm up for a change, I'm going to check out your 8, 9 and 12 day rotations.

Of course, experimenter that I am, I may have to tweak em a bit. :-D

Thanks for putting these out there, man.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What reps per set do you usually use for calves and forearms?

Originally Posted by hulkinout View Post
    Very cool, HB. Next time I'm up for a change, I'm going to check out your 8, 9 and 12 day rotations.

Of course, experimenter that I am, I may have to tweak em a bit. :-D

Thanks for putting these out there, man.
    No problem. Feel free to experiment with them... none of the exercise choices are set in stone. You can switch them out for something else if you'd like.

What reps per set do you usually use for calves and forearms?
    Calves - 15-30 reps
    Forearms - 12-20 reps
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution snwdevl10's Avatar
    snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That all depends on what you look like now.
    Wait, so...which one do I do to look like you?

Nice job putting everything together though, whatever you have been doing looks like it's worked pretty well!

Calves - 15-30 reps
    Forearms - 12-20 reps
    Same as me!

Soap box squatting. Andrew.Cook's Avatar
    Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Preach it... I'm a milk chugging convert myself. Regardless of W8's comment about cutting with milk, I've actually leaned out a bit since I've added gross amounts of milk to my daily diet. In fact, I'll even do *gasp* chocolate milk Not all the time, and I'm drinking skim white most of the time, but I don't see the down side.

Originally Posted by Snoop06 View Post
    Wait, so...which one do I do to look like you?

Nice job putting everything together though, whatever you have been doing looks like it's worked pretty well!
    Do each one for 3-4 months, repeating as necessary for ~3 yrs, while never missing workouts or meals. Its not that hard.

Originally Posted by Andrew.Cook
    Preach it... I'm a milk chugging convert myself. Regardless of W8's comment about cutting with milk, I've actually leaned out a bit since I've added gross amounts of milk to my daily diet. In fact, I'll even do *gasp* chocolate milk Not all the time, and I'm drinking skim white most of the time, but I don't see the down side.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No problem. Feel free to experiment with them... none of the exercise choices are set in stone. You can switch them out for something else if you'd like.
    So... what you are saying is that people can feel free to alter sets/reps exercises... in other words they can do a completely different routine? Lol, perhaps you just know that they won't follow it to the letter anyway. It's like trying to teach a cat tricks... it won't do what you say anyway, so why waste the time?
    Same as me!
    You guys could be twins!

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Blasphemy!
    Everyone (in the nutrition and teen forums) know that milk makes you bloat and get a "thick skin" so you cant see your abs
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

Hola, you need a "results may vary" note in here somewhere. Now, I've had this kind of consistency for 16 years (granted there have been slight variations in my workouts/diet/desire to swim uphill because I didn't want to learn the right way to do something) and I have not made that kind of progress At some point I think it is fair to say that you are above average where building muscle is concerned.

Originally Posted by Andrew.Cook View Post
    So... what you are saying is that people can feel free to alter sets/reps exercises... in other words they can do a completely different routine? Lol, perhaps you just know that they won't follow it to the letter anyway. It's like trying to teach a cat tricks... it won't do what you say anyway, so why waste the time?
    I never really recommended sets/reps to begin with because what I would do just doesn't work for everyone. For exercise selection, when I said they weren't set in stone, I meant certain exercises could be swapped out for corresponding exercises. For example... Incline BB instead of Incline DB, Front Squats instead of Hack Squats, DB Flys instead of Machine Flys, etc. Small changes like that won't negatively effect the overall effectiveness of the routines, IMO.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Originally Posted by Andrew.Cook View Post
    Hola, you need a "results may vary" note in here somewhere. Now, I've had this kind of consistency for 16 years (granted there have been slight variations in my workouts/diet/desire to swim uphill because I didn't want to learn the right way to do something) and I have not made that kind of progress At some point I think it is fair to say that you are above average where building muscle is concerned.
    I've had that as my user title for awhile now... but that doesn't mean these routines won't work for anyone else. I've had training partners do the exact same thing I did and make good progress, so I know its possible for 'normal' people to use these splits and see results.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Ha... I must have subliminally noticed your title Anyway, it all looks like good info (or a good template to copy from).

I have found that designing workouts for others is far more... well, interesting to me than showing people what I do. From time to time I may give a brief "I'm currently doing something like this..." speech, but overall I enjoy making sure that the shoe fits. Of course, that takes time and I'm a very picky person as far as where I give my help. You, my friend are a giver.

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice thread, Hola. What do you usually do cardio-wise?
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Protobuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good stuff, HB.

Adjusting sets to fit lifters of diff't experience levels makes sense. Controlling volume, etc. You think newer lifters (novice to intermediate, let's say) "need" or "benefit" from several exercises per bodypart, as opposed to say, a main 'bodypart' movement plus an assistance exercise?

Say, for example, you're dealing w/ someone who can't handle 6 days of hard lifting each week. So you reduce the daily volume, but then they basically wind up doing a single set of 8 diff't exercises each day. Is that what you're saying?

*To clarify: some of your programs are clearly the programs of champions! No doubt about it. But if someone can't handle it, you cut it back and wind up w/ something quite different. I'm really just talking about some of the 5-6 day/wk. programs you listed. These volume issues dissipate quite a bit w/ push/pull and 3-4 day splits.
    Last edited by Protobuilder; 03-20-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    [b]What most of you SHOULD be doing![/b]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Madcow's 5x5 homepage:
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

BEAST: "I've made my best size gains training with low reps (3-6). I don't agree with the notion that "low" reps build strength and "high" reps build size, there is a lot of crossover."

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few questions

1. At what stage would you recommend these routines? They look like very well thought out routines for a trainee with a good bit of muscle mass to work with, and trying to "sculpt" so to speak.

2. Some of them seem to have an aweful lot of exercises. Perhaps this is the way to go for an advanced trainee, but for beginners/intermediates, I would recommend cutting down on the exercises and bust out on the ones you do choose, hopeing the progress faster on an exercise-to-exercise basis. Would you agree?

3. What was your progression like on these programs? Meaning, how much stronger did you get on the exercises you did.

mark