stpstrn351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder pains...from the wrong technique?

Ive been working out my chest for about the last 3 months on a low level but for the last few weeks I have been working double time on the chest. I am getting pains in the front part of my shoulders. Do you think this is from using the wrong technique or working out the chest 3 days a week. Is it putting too much pressure on my shoulders as well? Here's how I line up. Well the bar is simply over my neck in order for the bar to line up directly with the center of my chest. Any help would be good.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    well the front of shoulders are used in pressing... so the gains are from that... what is your routien doing chest three times a week is a bit extreme...

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)

re

3 TIMES A WEEK!!! Wow thats kinda a lot. I think you might be overtraining then, hence the problem. Truthfully workin your chest out once a week is actually better, because you will be giving your muscles a chance to rest, and they will actually get bigger faster, and you will get stronger faster than if you went in and worked out again and again.

Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeternal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you are overtraining. Go to the routine forum and get a decent split. You are just going to hurt yourself if you keep on doing what you are doing. And how the hell can you do chest 3 times a week? After training chest I'm sore enough where I can't imagine doing it again for at least another 5 days.
    "Don't flame the chemical wizard" - axehole

MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Woah, that's a lot of training for one muscle group.

With chest exercises, your front shoulders engage to help make the press action.

If you want to keep it at 3x a week, you'll need to lower the intensity of your workout or reduce the amount of times you work your chest/shoulders out so it has time to heal.

Remember that your muscles rebuild faster than your ligaments/tendons so you'll need to give those buddies time to recover.
    I know when I do chest, I make sure I haven't done shoulder at least 2-3 days before.

tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerfresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely overtraining. You're hitting those front delts so much and breaking down the muscle that they never have time to recover and strengthen. You need to allow them to heal before hitting them again in the same week. If they're just feeling sore then go for it but if you're in pain I'd back off and take a break.