Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50)

100 reps workout

I´m doing a 100 reps training that the monitor gave me so that i can improve my resistance and there are excercises that consist in that nº of reps.

For example I do bench press 1 serie of 100 reps,then I go to the normal number of series/reps...then I go do a tri excercise of 100 reps and back to normal.

Do any of you did something similar like this?

And what were the effects?

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that is going to be a complete and utter waste of your time.

DON"T DO IT!
    Booo

decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cool a program that actually decreases muscle size!

thats hardcore!

Here_s johnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    that is going to be a complete and utter waste of your time.

DON"T DO IT!
    Your COMPLETE IGNORANCE of strength training is starting to really annoy me. 10,000 post and still spewing dog sh*t. I suppose you know things that Brooks Kubik doesn't!!???? 100 rep workouts were a staple at the OTC when I was an athlete there. They are very effective at gpp. I honestly don't believe you really know what a true 100 rep workout is.

decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) decypheredbeats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Here's johnny
    Your COMPLETE IGNORANCE of strength training is starting to really annoy me. 10,000 post and still spewing dog sh*t. I suppose you know things that Brooks Kubik doesn't!!???? 100 rep workouts were a staple at the OTC when I was an athlete there. They are very effective at gpp. I honestly don't believe you really know what a true 100 rep workout is.
    GPP is bodywieght exercises
    these type of things build up tendon and ligament strength
    not muscle and strength lol

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

100reps...waste of time....1001reps, now there's a workout

mmm, let's see. he's a bodybuilder. is he going ot get more benefit out of 100reps of db curls at 5pds or 10reps at like 40. Hmmmmm.
    Booo

100reps...waste of time....1001reps, now there's a workout

mmm, let's see. he's a bodybuilder. is he going ot get more benefit out of 100reps of db curls at 5pds or 10reps at like 40. Hmmmmm.
    Exactly as I thought. You have NO idea what a 100 rep workout is.

Originally posted by decypheredbeats
    these type of things build up tendon and ligament strength
    not muscle and strength lol
    C&P is a bw exercise???

C&P is a bw exercise???
    general physical preparation excercises like what you said they were effective for.

these excercises are not meant for building strength .

if your doing 100 rep clean & press your either not using wieght or your using like 10 lbs.

if your gonna do that **** you might as well do burpees

general physical preparation excercises like what you said they were effective for.

these excercises are not meant for building strength .

if your doing 100 rep clean & press your either not using wieght or your using like 10 lbs.

You don't have a clue either do you. We are talking 100 rep workout, not 100 rep set. For example, I can do 225 for 100 reps in the power clean. It took 46 minutes.

You don't have a clue either do you. We are talking 100 rep workout, not 100 rep set. For example, I can do 225 for 100 reps in the power clean. It took 46 minutes.
    the original post is confusing then, Id assume by saying 1 series he means 1 set, but then again who knows with the spelling.

**** If hes talking what your talking about then It seems possible to work.

the original post is confusing then, Id assume by saying 1 series he means 1 set, but then again who knows with the spelling.

bump, that's what i assumed
    Booo

**** If hes talking what your talking about then It seems possible to work.

After reading it, it was a bit confusing. But Iwas going off the tittle which said "100 rep workout". Trust me, they work. Another way to do it is pick a weight that is kinda heavy(say your 10-12 rep max) and see how many reps you can get in an hour, taking short breaks when needed.

PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50) PmFcM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is the workout I did today:

Leg Press: 100 reps
    Leg extensions: 4 x 12
    Squat: 30-20-10
    Inverted (or whatever is ) Leg curl : 4 x 12
    Standing calves: 25-20-15
    Seated calves: 100 reps

The workouts go like this,of course it varies from each muscle group and it´s also different one week and different in the next week.

But I hope you got the point

Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quaght will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Geez, Johnny. Defensive much?

/Q
    Sigh...gonna try it again.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Portuguese

The workouts go like this,of course it varies from each muscle group and it´s also different one week and different in the next week.

interesting not my cup of tea tho...

Originally posted by Portuguese

That looks ineffective.Do it as I've described with a whole body movement such as DEADLIFTS. Bu do it only once per week or less.

Originally posted by Quaght
    Geez, Johnny. Defensive much?

/Q
    It's just these neuvou gurus like amusclehead who think a high post count equates with experience and wisdom.

It's just these neuvou gurus like amusclehead who think a high post count equates with experience and wisdom.

alright, please pick apart my "ineffective and ****ty" leg/shoulder/trap day

2set front squat, 4-6rep
    2set squat, 4-6rep
    2set squat + 80chain, 3rep
    2set box squat, 4-6rep
    2set stiff-leg deadlift, 4-6rep
    2set shrug, 4-6rep
    2set militiary press, 4-6rep
    1set laterals, 4-6rep
    1set cuban rotation, 8rep
    Booo

still waiting........
    Booo

2set front squat, 4-6rep
    2set squat, 4-6rep
    2set box squat, 4-6rep
    2set shrug, 4-6rep
    1set laterals, 4-6rep
    wow your legs must be tiny with that pussy workout

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    still waiting........
    i have asked to look at mine adn he wont or even show his so you will be waiting a long time...

wow your legs must be tiny with that pussy workout

yep total pussy
    Booo

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    uh.......you guys must be really bored.

is this "who's workout is the hardest" thread?

oh, high reps don't build tendon & ligament strength.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

2set front squat, 4-6rep
    2set squat, 4-6rep
    2set box squat, 4-6rep
    2set shrug, 4-6rep
    1set laterals, 4-6rep
    How is doing 8 sets of squats treating you? I do 3 sets and I hate it. I think I have a really deep hate for squats though, you might not mind them as much. Maybe the fact that you do 4 different types of squats for 2 sets helps break the monontany.

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    muscle - add a pair of "light" flexbands to your box squats instead of 80lbs of chain.

tell me how you feel the next day.

Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny were are you to disect my pussy and ineffective workout?

Originally posted by Wheelies
    How is doing 8 sets of squats treating you? I do 3 sets and I hate it. I think I have a really deep hate for squats though, you might not mind them as much. Maybe the fact that you do 4 different types of squats for 2 sets helps break the monontany.
    that and i stay high weight, low reps.

Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    muscle - add a pair of "light" flexbands to your box squats instead of 80lbs of chain.

tell me how you feel the next day.
    chain >>>> all

hehe
    Last edited by amusclehead; 11-07-2003 at 04:43 PM.
    Booo

chains, you cant use them all the
    time.

...well guess you could but you gotta change it up.

i know chains look cooler.

bands help your squats better.

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wrong there, sorry.
    There are bodyweight GPP routines, like the one Coach Davies suggested.
    But what people usually would consider GPP is something like sled dragging, wheelbarrow walking or farmer's walk.
    Dumbell swings can be good GPP-work, too.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

that and i stay low weight, high reps.

High reps? I thought you used 3-5 rep range.