Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LiquidRezin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Flavors of ON 100% Whey

Here are my thoughts on ON 100% Whey. I've tried 3 flavors, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate.

Taste:
    Chocolate by far has the best taste. Reminds me of Nestle Quik powder. Tastes good even in plain water and tastes great in milk. Vanilla, doesn't taste bad, tastes kinda weird in water taste OK in milk; overall plain taste. Strawberry, horrible in water, not too bad in milk, but doesn't taste so great, definately wouldn't buy this for the flavor.

Mixing:
    I don't have a blender so I use a spoon to mix. Chocolate, clumps up pretty bad in water and milk. Vanilla, mixes easy in milk, kinda clumps up in water. Strawberry, same as vanilla.

The chocolate has a bit less servings, 5 less than vanilla and strawberry if you buy the 10lb bag. If the CPS is REALLY REALLY important to you, get the vanilla, if u want something that actually tastes good, get the chocolate. I wouldn't get strawberry again, it doesnt even taste like strawberry to me

I've been through 3 10lb bags and ON is my favorite protein among other brands i've tried. Sounds cliche by now, but I believe ON has the best bang for the buck.
    Hard work pays off.

NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000) NO MERCY is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking Re: 3 Flavors of ON 100% Whey

good stuff. I love my optimum whey also. I hear the choc mint is good to. You may want to check it out.
    Last edited by derekmac; 11-07-2003 at 08:05 AM.

LiquidRezin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: 3 Flavors of ON 100% Whey

Originally posted by NO MERCY
    good stuff. I love my optimum whey also. I hear the choc mint is good to. You may want to check it out.
    I dont like the combination of mint and chocolate in general. Except those andes chocolates
    Hard work pays off.

Aspiring Polymath GhostfaceKillah's Avatar
    GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The chocolate mint is ridiculously good. It has the worst nutritional profile though, and I believe it isn't out in the new formula yet.
    Creeping while you're sleeping.

"Like short sleeves, I bare arms." ~ Jay-Z

"Smile all up in your face then I break your chin." ~ P. (Mobb Deep)

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    I just got some Mint Choc in the new formula

It is the best tasting ON 100% IMO

HAJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also just bought some ON 100% chocolate mint. It was very good. Highly recommend it.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

I've had the chocolate mint in the past- pretty good stuff. I'm about to try the chocolate in the new formula.

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Naaaah man,

That choc mint gets me down after a week or so,

Strawberry is the best!
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face

no flavor is the best, its all preference. duh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IRl9WnpXkE&fmt=18

Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Sick
    no flavor is the best, its all preference. duh
    .........wow

anyways, I agree choc mint is the best. havent tried the new formula yet though.
    -Non-Rep Coalition Member "Bias Free Since 2003"

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If i was allergic to the on double chocalete do you think i'd be allergic to the mint also?

I bet you probably would allergic to the chocolate mint because I'm pretty sure the ingredients are almost exactly the same.

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Beast
    I just got some Mint Choc in the new formula

It is the best tasting ON 100% IMO
    where did you get it from in the new formula?

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OK, now I gotta get some of that choc-mint! I had the vanilla before and didn't like it too much.

AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by sculli
    OK, now I gotta get some of that choc-mint! I had the vanilla before and didn't like it too much.
    Vanilla is the worst by far. I have some Chocolate and Strawberry right now. I take the Strawberry post w/o with some dextrose. Tastes great. Chocolate in my weight gainer shakes.

Cuffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try the ON chocolate mixed with grape EAS Phos****en HP and water for a post workout shake. Tastes great!
    In God we trust...all others are suspects.

AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AuggieDawgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Cuffs
    Try the ON chocolate mixed with grape EAS Phos****en HP and water for a post workout shake. Tastes great!
    chocolate and grape just doesnt sound good at all

I do not know about the combination of grape and chocolate being too good

Cuffs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't knock it until you try it. I thought the same thing when I read on here where someone suggested it. I gave it a shot and am hooked on it. Tastes similar to a tootsie pop.
    In God we trust...all others are suspects.

If everyone suggests it. I might just have to give it a try

Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was told, by some dumb girl at SND that they didnt make ON Chocolate Mint in the new formula, but that is what I really want!!

Anyone know of any Canadian sites I can get 100% ON Choc Mint flavour??
    Thanks....
    Avant Research R&D/Rep
    Add Avant Labs to your mySpace!
    www.myspace.com/AvantLabs

Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my local supp store has it in new formula. I'll get around to trying it eventually
    -Non-Rep Coalition Member "Bias Free Since 2003"

london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) london402 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stay puft

how are the prices of SND compared to their website?

nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whaddya guys think? I don't like chocolate mint in general... is the flavor worth a shot?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally posted by AuggieDawgie
    Vanilla is the worst by far.
    I agree, I am having to hold my nose and force it down. It's disgusting and makes my stomach upset.

I never had this problem with the chocolate or chocolate mint.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stay Puft has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by london402
    how are the prices of SND compared to their website?
    So so... I love SND and am pretty loyal to that place as it is the best hand on walk in store in Canada that I have found. Stuff some stuff on the site is priced lower than at the stores and they refuse to match the price . However the price hikes are marginal, so its really up to you. If you have a big enough order I would suggest ordering online, otherwise walk in is fine you are still getting a good price.
    Avant Research R&D/Rep

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wish i knew what made me allergic to the ON double chocalete.. It tasted so good...

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just had my first serving of ON 100% Whey chocolate this afternoon after lifting. Certainly didn't taste great, but it goes down fine. If this brand is supposedly the "best tasting", I can't imagine how bad other brands must taste.

What's the best thing to mix it with and how much? I mixed one scoop with 8 ounces cold water. Couldn't tell if it was too watery or not.

So...if I want to limit myself to cold water or skim milk, which one and how many ounces? I'll eventually get around to trying all the different things you could mix it with, but I'd thought I'd get some opinions.

Originally posted by ripped_holla
    Just had my first serving of ON 100% Whey chocolate this afternoon after lifting. Certainly didn't taste great, but it goes down fine. If this brand is supposedly the "best tasting", I can't imagine how bad other brands must taste.

What's the best thing to mix it with and how much? I mixed one scoop with 8 ounces cold water. Couldn't tell if it was too watery or not.

So...if I want to limit myself to cold water or skim milk, which one and how many ounces? I'll eventually get around to trying all the different things you could mix it with, but I'd thought I'd get some opinions.
    Most people will tell you that you MUST mix the protein w/ water for post workout. But you can cut it with milk or water, in the long run it will not make a difference. Obviously Skim milk would be your best bet in about 8-10oz, or giver' w/ about 6-8oz water for some thickness.
    Avant Research R&D/Rep

bigbadboss101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadboss101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadboss101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadboss101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbadboss101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chocolate Mint is very nice. ON mix ver well, whereas the Prolab I just got do not. I order from SND. The other day I got some stuff and it arrived in less than 3 working days.