Marti90na is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Skinny fat to lean - what am I doing wrong?

Hello there,

I am new at this forum and I´d like to hear your opinion on my situation.

I am 33 years old, 160 cm x 52 Kg. Last year in July I was 63 kg and decided to lose weight. I started running (80%) and HIIT training (20%) and since then never stop working out as well as eating clean and in a caloric deficit. In 4 months, I lost 10 kg and centimeters but since then I´m somehow stuck – I don´t care about losing more weight, my goal now is to get lean and toned, in particular I can´t get completely rid of my belly!
    I attach a picture... I look like the girl on the left, and my goal is the girl on the right – I don´t want to get bulky, just leaner and defined.

Diet: approx 1200-1300 calories per day, eating clean (no alcohol at all, sweets and pizza only once a week, no junk food). Mostly mediterranen diet (I am Italian and love to cook, so lots of home made food).
    Current training: 2-3 times per week 30 to 45 mins HIIT, 2-3 times per week 1 hour or 1,5 hour running. Recently I started to add 5 kg dumbells to the routine as well as abs excercises.

Should I eat more or should I keep eating in a caloric deficit? What should I change of my fitness routine - should I train more?

Thanks
    Martina
    Attached Images

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marti90na View Post
    I don´t care about losing more weight ... in particular I can´t get completely rid of my belly!
    The above is the issue.

Also, the "current body type" isn't skinny fat... it looks like... a girl.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's already a good height/weight, but if you really want to see some definition, you'll need to lose even more fat. you mentioned running and HIIT, but what about resistance training? because you need to incorporate some resistance training in your routine to not lose too much muscle mass during a cut, resulting in a better muscle/fat balance (lower bf%)

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    that's already a good height/weight, but if you really want to see some definition, you'll need to lose even more fat. you mentioned running and HIIT, but what about resistance training? because you need to incorporate some resistance training in your routine to not lose too much muscle mass during a cut, resulting in a better muscle/fat balance (lower bf%)
    Exactly this OP. You need a better training program that includes strength training (and that means lifting heavy weights, not 5kg dumbbells).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Exactly this OP. You need a better training program that includes strength training (and that means lifting heavy weights, not 5kg dumbbells).
    Thank you - I guess it´s impossible to lift heavy weight from the beginning if I have never done that before - 5 Kg dumbells are for me already difficult to lift.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    The above is the issue.

Also, the "current body type" isn't skinny fat... it looks like... a girl.
    Then I am bit confuesed what is skinny fat... ?

thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500) thomasbts is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hello there,

I am new at this forum and I´d like to hear your opinion on my situation.

I am 33 years old, 160 cm x 52 Kg. Last year in July I was 63 kg and decided to lose weight. I started running (80%) and HIIT training (20%) and since then never stop working out as well as eating clean and in a caloric deficit. In 4 months, I lost 10 kg and centimeters but since then I´m somehow stuck – I don´t care about losing more weight, my goal now is to get lean and toned, in particular I can´t get completely rid of my belly!
    I attach a picture... I look like the girl on the left, and my goal is the girl on the right – I don´t want to get bulky, just leaner and defined.

Diet: approx 1200-1300 calories per day, eating clean (no alcohol at all, sweets and pizza only once a week, no junk food). Mostly mediterranen diet (I am Italian and love to cook, so lots of home made food).
    Current training: 2-3 times per week 30 to 45 mins HIIT, 2-3 times per week 1 hour or 1,5 hour running. Recently I started to add 5 kg dumbells to the routine as well as abs excercises.

Should I eat more or should I keep eating in a caloric deficit? What should I change of my fitness routine - should I train more?

Thanks
    Martina
    Adjusting your caloric intake and training regimen based on your goals—whether fat loss, muscle gain, or overall fitness—will help you achieve better results. Consider tracking your progress and making small, incremental changes to find what works best for your body. Consulting with a fitness professional or a dietitian can provide personalized guidance to optimize your plan.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then I am bit confuesed what is skinny fat... ?
    IMO at least, it applies more to guys. Females naturally carry more fat, and at least in my opinion, can look good and be fit & healthy at so many different levels of bodyfat, muscle & bodyshape that "skinny fat" isn't a good adjective.

If it helps clarify, a skinnyfat dude might be slightly soft with manboobs. The equivalent look for a girl isn't necessarily something that should have a negative connotation.

Registered User raghatatepiyush's Avatar
    raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10) raghatatepiyush is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Based on what you have described and the photo I see - You would need to do the following

1) Eat in 200-300Kcal calorie deficit based on your TDEE
    2) Eat 2wice animal-based protein - meat, fish and all OR if vegetarian then - milk, low fat cottage cheese, soy and high protein yogurt
    3) Start progressively overload slowly with resistance training. Possibly increase weights slowly as 5kg is a bit on lower side
    4) include more HITT bodyweight exercises like pushups, body squats and pullups
    5) Stop doing slow paced or moderate-paced cardio BUT add more steps/walk 8k-10k to your daily routine
    6) Drink 3-4 litres of water
    7) Sleep at least 7-8 hours

Note:- All human bodies have tendency to loose fat in FILO(first in, last out) pattern i.e if body accumulates fat on buttocks, thighs and belly first then those are the last place body will throw away the accumulated fat. In women, its generally buttocks, thighs and belly.

From what I also see in picture you are not far from your goals - just roughly 3-3.5 months away but ensure you are CONSISTENT with your sleep, nutrition, exercise regime and have a decent plan. Don't go hard but remember fitness is not short term its a lifestyle change !!!

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As stated before, you just need to train with a little more resistance and a little heavier weights. This does not mean you need huge weights... just slightly more.

Additionally, photos online are very deceptive (the models are dehydrated, tanned, oiled, pumped up, lighting perfect, and told where to flex, squeeze, and hold to make an excellent photo for IG or a magazine).
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel