Thread: Stuck forever

Vas9309 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Stuck forever

Hello everyone, im struggling with losing weight (believing that theres no way i can stay the same weight but lose fat), so ive tried different approaches with different macros and calories, yet the result is the same - stuck at 90 kg, i went to the doc, then to endocrinologist and there i was tested - blood work and thyroid, they both told me there's nothing wrong with my body and that i need to focus on activity, diet and etc.
    So i was 96,6 kg on 26th of February, thats when i started "the cut" and so i realize in the first weeks it was probably water weight, fluids etc, basically ive lost 6 kg for 2 months, as of today - 27th of April.
    What i did was - Started doing at least 8k-10k steps a day, started eating at 1700-1900 calories a day (depending on the workout days etc) with 150-170 g protein, 120-150 g carbs, 50-60 g fats.
    My stats are:
    30 years old, male
    180 cm, 90 kg
    Strength:
    Back squat - 100 kg at 8 reps
    Incline Bench press - 67 kg at 8 reps
    BB rows - 67 kg at 8 reps
    Shoulder press - 57 kg at 6 reps
    RDL (careful due to past trauma) - 57 kg at 10 reps
    Front squat - 54 kg at 6 reps
    Weighted pullups - 15 kg at 6 reps
    My strength on some exercises grows, so every 1 or 2 week i increase the weight and decrease the reps - 80 kg at 12 reps, 85 kg at 10 reps, 90 kg at 8 reps and again (this is just an example of the progression i do).

In the past 2 weeks i tried to implement "cardio" and started doing fasted cardio in the morning but it took a lot of energy for me and so my workouts got way more challenging, lost some motivation and just wanted to rest in general, still i did them but at a big cost, as for this cardio i did 2 times HIIT and 2 times LISS fasted in the morning, in the days of my workout so it was like that - Morning cardio, later in the day (at least 5-6 hours later) weights, but i saw that just crushed me , actually it made me feel pretty miserable and like i should just quit bodybuilding in general.
    What i dont understand is why am i stuck at 90 kg? A lot of people will say if im the same kg, im not in a deficit, but what else should i do next? go on 1500 calories with weight lifting and 10k steps a day? Then i assume my protein would go down to 140g i guess, i really dont want to turn into a skinny fat, even though sometimes i see myself in the mirror and im like "maybe i lack muscles" but then the next thought is "yeah, but i dont want that lower back and chest fat to grow even more".
    My two worst areas are - Lower back and Chest, they make everything miserable.

Currently on 1700 calories, im doing UPPER-LOWER now and i pretty much like this approach, its actually my favorite one - i can hit all muscles at least x2 a week and i have enough time for recovery, but when the scale and measurements dont move it just demotivates me, in the past i've cut at 2200 calories and still got to 80 kg, even lesser, but now at 1700 it seems kind of dead cause.

1 year and half ago i cut really hard ( where i believe i lost a lot of muscle mass) and i got to 77 kg, with 4 days of cardio at the end of each workout, it drained me big time, but i got to 77 kg, and still had some fat on lower back and chest - it crushed me to realize i had lost a lot of muscle mass - visually and strength-wise.
    And since then i started gaining weight back, up to 90+ for the past year ive been 97,95,94,90,93 etc. and it seems impossible to go lower than 90 kgs, this really really really demotivates me in working out in general, in bodybuilding etc, makes me think about the genetics and that bodybuilding probably is not for me etc, i start questioning myself about the bodybuilding in general, seems i can not understand or have trouble with dealing with this situation.
    While it feels great to gain strength and feel good, i also want to LOOK good, i never really cared about strength and power, speed etc, all i ever wanted was to LOOK better, so yeah if my strength raises but i look the same that demotivates me even more.
    Any tips, advices and criticism is welcome.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So i was 96,6 kg on 26th of February, thats when i started "the cut" and so i realize in the first weeks it was probably water weight, fluids etc, basically ive lost 6 kg for 2 months, as of today - 27th of April
    sorry if i missed something, but how does this qualify as being stuck? you literally lost 6 kg in 2 months, so how about you keep your calories the same because it's obviously working?

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    sorry if i missed something, but how does this qualify as being stuck? you literally lost 6 kg in 2 months, so how about you keep your calories the same because it's obviously working?
    Well i was hoping for more, also last week i was 90,5 kg, now i am 90,3 kg, which is roughly 200g, basically for one week im the same kgs, i know some people say to wait for like 3 weeks without a change on the scale and then adjust?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vas9309 View Post
    Well i was hoping for more, also last week i was 90,5 kg, now i am 90,3 kg, which is roughly 200g, basically for one week im the same kgs, i know some people say to wait for like 3 weeks without a change on the scale and then adjust?
    Or you can lose your $hit after one week (which for you is "forever") if you only lost 0.2 kg and completely upend what you've been doing for the last 2 months over which you lost 6kg.

While it feels great to gain strength and feel good, i also want to LOOK good, i never really cared about strength and power, speed etc, all i ever wanted was to LOOK better, so yeah if my strength raises but i look the same that demotivates me even more.
    Sorry that you haven't achieved your dream body after 2 months of hard work.

Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Plateaus happen. Your lifts are increasing, so focus on body recomposition.Maybe adjust macros or try a different cardio approach (e.g., after workouts)

Thanks everyone. Yes, i was thinking about doing cardio after weights and focus on increasing my lifts, something that bugs my mind, though is will i ever need to focus more on building muscle and not losing weight cause i dont want to end up skinny fat. I know i have a lot of fat to lose at this point, probably im sitting around 20-25% body fat, thats my guess i have never checked with tests and stuff.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks everyone. Yes, i was thinking about doing cardio after weights and focus on increasing my lifts, something that bugs my mind, though is will i ever need to focus more on building muscle and not losing weight cause i dont want to end up skinny fat. I know i have a lot of fat to lose at this point, probably im sitting around 20-25% body fat, thats my guess i have never checked with tests and stuff.
    Have you ever looked in the mirror?

That last time you cut hard and say you lost a lot of muscle mass, your body was probably just revealing that you didn't have that much muscle mass underneath to begin with.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Have you ever looked in the mirror?

That last time you cut hard and say you lost a lot of muscle mass, your body was probably just revealing that you didn't have that much muscle mass underneath to begin with.
    Probably you are right, but i just want to lose more fat even with the sacrifice of some muscle mass, i'd rather have lower muscle mass but also lower body fat percentage.