WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

People who request 'data' and 'scientific studies' for common sense topics.

I say, "every person would want to be rich if they could be" and the response is, "do you have data on that".

It's common sense that if somebody offered someone a million dollars no strings attached, they'd take it in a heartbeat - you don't need a scientific study to know that.

Whether people want to make the sacrifices required to make a million dollars is a different story altogether.

It's like these days people don't like being confronted by basic realities and live in some sort of delusion or fantasy world - basic truths are being distorted to fit some sort of delusion or narrative.

Sigh.
    "It's hard to be yourself in a world filled with haters" - WiseOldApe.

"Why be anything when you can be an influencer?" - WiseOldApe.

"It's not about what is said - it's about who it is said by" - WiseOldApe.

"People strive for equality, once they attain it, they fight for superiority" - WiseOldApe.

"Nobody hates authority more than one who themselves lusts after that exact authority" - WiseOldApe.

Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're wrong. Every person cannot be "rich". Because our idea of what it means to have a rich lifestyle is impossible on this planet given the resources we have and the labor requirements.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think anyone WANTS to be a janitor or coal miner? Do you think people want to work in waste processing or do hard farm labor? So who has to do it? Oh that's right. We organized our entire civilization around exploitation and oppression. Good job.

It is possible, but unlikely that automation and industrialization can rectify these issues. In reality, those who work the chittiest jobs should be given special benefits and compensation for doing so, but that is contrary to market demands. Such jobs are typically fairly low skill. So now you see the problem. Long ago, a trade off was made to maximize prosperity for some over justice for all. You could envision a different system where everyone has to do a stint doing such bitch work, but then you severely harm the specialization of labor. There is no nice solution to these problems. But they do demonstrate that we can't all be rich in the sense of having a particular lifestyle. Sustainability would be finding some "least bad" equilibrium for everyone. A lot of it is also cultural. Hard labor wouldn't be so miserable if we culturally celebrated and rewarded it.

WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WiseOldApe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xtermin8fascist View Post
    You're wrong. Every person cannot be "rich". Because our idea of what it means to have a rich lifestyle is impossible on this planet given the resources we have and the labor requirements.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think anyone WANTS to be a janitor or coal miner? Do you think people want to work in waste processing or do hard farm labor? So who has to do it? Oh that's right. We organized our entire civilization around exploitation and oppression. Good job.
    I don't think that you read what I wrote - as an example, I said that every person would choose to be rich if they could be, and then you'll have some geek request 'data' on that as if it's not a self explanatory fact and common sense 0 everyone would rather be rich than poor, good looking than ugly, brillant rather than dumb, etc.

"People strive for equality, once they attain it, they fight for superiority" - WiseOldApe.

"Nobody hates authority more than one who themselves lusts after that exact authority" - WiseOldApe.

Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtermin8fascist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WiseOldApe View Post
    I don't think that you read what I wrote - as an example, I said that every person would choose to be rich if they could be, and then you'll have some geek request 'data' on that as if it's not a self explanatory fact and common sense 0 everyone would rather be rich than poor, good looking than ugly, brillant rather than dumb, etc.
    Depends what you mean by "rich". Sure, everyone would take more money rather than less. But if that comes with a certain lifestyle change, some would reject that. A Christian (real one, not like the fake evangelical right wing prosperity preachers) might prefer an oath of poverty, for example, to show solidarity with the downtrodden.

Depends what you mean by "rich". Sure, everyone would take more money rather than less. But if that comes with a certain lifestyle change, some would reject that. A Christian (real one, not like the fake evangelical right wing prosperity preachers) might prefer an oath of poverty, for example to show solidarity with the downtrodden.
    If you read my post properly, you'd notice that I accounted for that.

If a Christian says no to a million dollars out of virtue, that just means they were too lazy to take the money, start a charity and help the poverty stricken.

You're a prime example of the 'do you have data on that' geeks that I'm talking about lmfao - you're just trying to reframe what I said to be right.

If you read my post properly, you'd notice that I accounted for that.

If a Christian says no to a million dollars out of virtue, that just means they were too lazy to take the money, start a charity and help the poverty stricken.
    Not necessarily. If you're a strict Christian, you're supposed to turn down free money and such things. They are basically supposed to be viewed as temptations by evil. It's the humility itself that is celebrated in Christianity. You're correct that it is illogical though. But again, not everyone operates logically and rationally.

Not necessarily. If you're a strict Christian, you're supposed to turn down free money and such things. They are basically supposed to be viewed as temptations by evil. It's the humility itself that is celebrated in Christianity. You're correct that it is illogical though. But again, not everyone operates logically and rationally.
    I don't know which sort of christians you know, but I can tell you with certainty if you are offered money as a gift with no strings attached, you are not commiting a sin by taking it, especially considering that you could give it to your church or start a charity. It's a problem if you do something morally questionable to attain those funds, and that's not compatible with Christianity. Truthfully a more common scenario is the latter than the former, since no one gives money away for no reason.

I don't know which sort of christians you know, but I can tell you with certainty if you are offered money as a gift with no strings attached, you are not commiting a sin by taking it, especially considering that you could give it to your church or start a charity. It's a problem if you do something morally questionable to attain those funds, and that's not compatible with Christianity. Truthfully a more common scenario is the latter than the former, since no one gives money away for no reason.
    Didn't Satan offer Jesus a bunch of stuff with basically "no strings attached" and he declined? Did you read the book?

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
    It's all bullshyt, but that is the message I take from it is to resist temptation, which may include seemingly free shyt.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol, posters responding to OP proved OP’s point.

That’s also called scientism, Layne Norton is a great example of such an idiot. Anything anyone ever says, he is like: Do you have HUMAN RANDOMIZED CONTROL TRIALS for that? He is the biggest idiot I ever heard. Inability to intuit obvious things.

What’s amazing is that they are asking you to basically give them a google link to some study backing up anything you say. Then of course they would accuse you of posting a bad study etc. if it doesn’t fit their ideology on that day.

Didn't Satan offer Jesus a bunch of stuff with basically "no strings attached" and he declined? Did you read the book?
    Pretty sure he requested Jesus to bow down to and worship him in exchange for every kingdom on the planet, which would have been morally bankrupt. Personally, I'd probably rather die than willingly bow down to and worship satan.

Speaking of which, if Jesus bowed down to satan and had every kingdom, he'd still be a slave of satan.

Which was what I was arguing about with other people - that some acts like bowing down are intrinsically linked to submission.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    Lol, posters responding to OP proved OP’s point.

That’s also called scientism, Layne Norton is a great example of such an idiot. Anything anyone ever says, he is like: Do you have HUMAN RANDOMIZED CONTROL TRIALS for that? He is the biggest idiot I ever heard. Inability to intuit obvious things.

What’s amazing is that they are asking you to basically give them a google link to some study backing up anything you say. Then of course they would accuse you of posting a bad study etc. if it doesn’t fit their ideology on that day.
    I was basically saying a man f*cks and a women gets f*cked, been that way since the dawn of time and will be like that at the end of time and some geek wanted data on that as if it's not an obvious fact.
    Last edited by WiseOldApe; 04-27-2024 at 12:11 AM.

Pretty sure he requested Jesus to bow down to and worship him in exchange for every kingdom on the planet, which would have been morally bankrupt. Personally, I'd probably rather die than willingly bow down to and worship satan.

Speaking of which, if Jesus bowed down to satan and had every kingdom, he'd still be a slave of satan.

Which was what I was arguing about with other people - that some acts like bowing down are intrinsically linked to submission.
    There is other chit in there like asking Jesus to use god powers to feed himself. There wasn't anything asked for in exchange and Jesus already had the power and still chose not to use it.

Like IDK, it just doesn't seem very Christian to accept a huge gift with no strings attached either. That's an unfair bargain. If Jesus were offered all the wealth in the world, even for good ends and with no attached conditions, he'd still have turned it down on principle.

There is other chit in there like asking Jesus to use god powers to feed himself. There wasn't anything asked for in exchange and Jesus already had the power and still chose not to use it.
    If you read the bible verses you posted carefully satan offers jesus the the kingdoms of the world if Jesus bows down and worships satan

If you read the bible verses you posted carefully satan offers jesus the the kingdoms of the world if Jesus bows down and worships satan
    That was the final temptation. You're ignoring the earlier ones.

That was the final temptation. You're ignoring the earlier ones.
    The earlier ones didn't include satan offering anything to Jesus, he was just being sly/cunning and saying if you're actually the Son of God turn the rocks to food and jump off the cliff so angels catch you, the final temptation is the only one where satan offers Jesus something tangible at the price of bowing down to him.

Again if you're reading comprehension was not not being distorted by the demonic entities that have found residence inside of you, you wouldn't be arguing this point

Like IDK, it just doesn't seem very Christian to accept a huge gift with no strings attached either. That's an unfair bargain. If Jesus were offered all the wealth in the world, even for good ends and with no attached conditions, he'd still have turned it down on principle.
    Again, you obviously didn't read the bible properly - there was a scene where a women puts an expensive scent on Jesus as a gift to worship Him and he defends her actions, although Judas gets angry and betrays Jesus because of this.

Jesus did not take anything from satan, especially not at the price of bowing and worshipping him.