stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Where do you even start with the Yakuza series?

My friend bought me infinite wealth for my birthday but I ain't never played one of these yakuza games and this game looks weird and crazy.

If I just play this one am I gonna have a clue what's going on with the story or do I need to play some of the others.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never played the others and IF is easily my GOTY, OP. The story's definitely crazy and weird in the best possible way. There are definitely things that are clearly callbacks to the old games that are like watching paint dry to me, but they're really easy to skip over & aren't really too frequent in the main plot. It's a potentially-100+ hour game as-is and there will be at least 6 new Yakuza games out before you ever got caught up trying to play all the old ones.

If you REALLY want a full backstory, you're "supposed" to start with Yakuza 0 (which many have called the best in the series). 0 alone won't get you fully up-to-speed though. IF has callbacks galore to all the other games in the series.
    Last edited by Strawng; 04-23-2024 at 04:42 PM.

Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I never played the others and IF is easily my GOTY, OP. The story's definitely crazy and weird in the best possible way. There are definitely things that are clearly callbacks to the old games that are like watching paint dry to me, but they're really easy to skip over & aren't really too frequent in the main plot. It's a potentially-100+ hour game as-is and there will be at least 6 new Yakuza games out before you ever got caught up trying to play all the old ones.

If you REALLY want a full backstory, you're "supposed" to start with Yakuza 0 (which many have called the best in the series). 0 alone won't get you fully up-to-speed though. IW has callbacks galore to all the other games in the series.
    0 is the best. see avi. At the Least you gotta play Kiwami and Like a Dragon. Of coarse if your a heathen im sure you can have fun without knowing whats going on. IW is the only one i havent played. Wish i had friends like that

stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    0 is the best. see avi. At the Least you gotta play Kiwami and Like a Dragon. Of coarse if your a heathen im sure you can have fun without knowing whats going on. IW is the only one i havent played. Wish i had friends like that
    I bought all of them in the PlayStation sale as 0-6 were 5 dollars each and the newer ones were like 15.

Been playing kiwami for the last few days and I love it, it's so weird and **** keeps happening that makes my eyes bulge out of my head.

yup..... Gonna be playing this series for the next few months I guess.