make my nephew an egg yieldtonothing's Avatar
    yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yieldtonothing has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Do we Have Any Tony Khan Apologists here?

first of all

it's an honor to be back here among men, and not ****** ass cornholing ********** like married my cousin. he should ****in DIE

nobody here loves tony right? yes we are happy that he provides jobs and pays people, but nobody thinks his booking ideas are worth a chit?

aew was only interesting when there were personalities that were larger than life that either transcended the business or transcended a duality existing within the business

eg- cm punk, MJF, danielson when he first came in, don callis before he started phoning it in etc

tony khan is a miscer and he books his chit week to week like an indy. i'm not chitting on him.....but i'm chitting on him. stop running NBA arenas. just own what youre doing, pare it down and the tax write off will make more sense for your pops at the end of the day.

by no means am i saying stop. you're healthy for the business.....but your show sucks.
    heart also wants what the dick wants

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything Punk said on the Helwani podcast about Khan was true. Nothing he does with AEW is about making money or running a successful business.

Even before that happened though, I've been saying for months that he needs to go hands off and hire a dedicated booker and an authority enforcer person (non-kayfabe). He has no idea how to book. There are all these random matches that just happen and have no reason or storyline or implications. Then there are these huge supposed dream matches that are ruined. I can't remember who it was, but it was a first time Kenny Omega matchup last year going opposite college football and a WWE PPV on Collision. Like what? Why would you put that match on Collision? Not only that, they announced it like 2 weeks before it happened and didn't have any buildup whatsoever. They also have all these random people on the roster that haven't even appeared on TV in months. I forget some of them are even still in the company. And let's not forget they fumbled the best storyline they had all year (MJF/Adam Cole bromance) by doing that dumb drawn out and botched Devil reveal. Like I'm fine that Cole was the Devil, but that could have been done so much better.

The women's division on the whole is a joke booking-wise. The only storylines in the past year have been Timeless Toni Storm, a little drama with the Outcasts and Ruby Soho, and Julia Hart with House of Black. Like that's it. They had Sky Blue get like 6 title shots in a row for 2 different titles, and the only one she earned/qualified for was the first one. She lost all of them and then just disappeared for a while before finally showing up a couple months later and joining Julia Hart. Like what was the purpose of that? It didn't help her at all, and it didn't really help her opponents at all. I seriously question Mercedes's intelligence after signing with AEW, because they don't know how to book their women at all. Look what happened to Saraya. She went from huge debut, to team up and eventual heel turn, to big title win in her home country, to terrible and short title reign, and now she's nothing. I hope the money is worth it for Mercedes, because I doubt AEW makes her a bigger star or gives her any meaningful opportunities for character development or storylines.

Tony Khan is a trust fund fanboy masquerading as a corporate leader. He lacks vision, creativity, and a spine. When the first Elite/CM Punk fight happened, he was such a fanboy for Punk and such a puppet for the Young Cucks that he couldn't bring himself to do anything serious to either of them so he just kept them apart and hoped the problem would go away. But it didn't, the Young Cucks got their other twink friends to smear Punk to the dirtsheets, Khan gave Punk his own show thinking it would solve things, and then expected Punk to step up and lay down the rules because Khan didn't have the balls to do it himself. The guy is an absolute joke and the only good thing to come out of this has been the emergence of the somewhat entertaining heel personas of Matthew and Nicholas Jackson.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

Registered User robreynolds1234's Avatar
    robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also we should take note that WWE has highly improved their product in the recent times and is more fun to watch then before...AEW is being highly over shadowed here...maybe we should see AEW as a NJPW/ROH/TNA kind of promotion for sometime before it does something serious to improve...

BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by robreynolds1234 View Post
    Also we should take note that WWE has highly improved their product in the recent times and is more fun to watch then before...AEW is being highly over shadowed here...maybe we should see AEW as a NJPW/ROH/TNA kind of promotion for sometime before it does something serious to improve...
    Yep. I mean I like having another big player in the game, as competition is good for the product. I think the existence of AEW really helped WWE early on and pushed them to be better. But man since the pandemic hit WWE has been killing it and AEW has been steadily declining. I still watch AEW because there are a lot of guys over there that I like, but really the only thing that stands out this past year is the MFJ/Adam Cole stuff. Joe's title reign has been decent too I guess, but I'm a Joe mark and even that has lacked storylines other than how he won the title working with Adam Cole.

Also, can we talk about what a schit decision it was to book Punk to win that match at Wembley? I mean at this point I believe Punk was firmly in the right there, but that was clearly going to be his last match in the company, why would they book him to win that match against a guy who is a workhorse and is presumably going to be there years into the future?
    See Krackerjacked's sig

robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) robreynolds1234 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigElephant View Post
    Yep. I mean I like having another big player in the game, as competition is good for the product. I think the existence of AEW really helped WWE early on and pushed them to be better. But man since the pandemic hit WWE has been killing it and AEW has been steadily declining. I still watch AEW because there are a lot of guys over there that I like, but really the only thing that stands out this past year is the MFJ/Adam Cole stuff. Joe's title reign has been decent too I guess, but I'm a Joe mark and even that has lacked storylines other than how he won the title working with Adam Cole.

Also, can we talk about what a schit decision it was to book Punk to win that match at Wembley? I mean at this point I believe Punk was firmly in the right there, but that was clearly going to be his last match in the company, why would they book him to win that match against a guy who is a workhorse and is presumably going to be there years into the future?
    People have problem with AEW not performing on their potential...there is talent, there are popular names...but due to poor booking and lack of interesting gimmicks it's declining.

I think Samoa Joe will lose the world title soon. Title is going to young hands, if they wanna create more MJFs of their own. Although I have always liked Samoa Joe as a performer.

Also when Punk won the match at Wembley, they had not intended to fire him...the Jack Perry confrontation was revealed later on...

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agreed w the general sentiment. Tony isn't built for this and AEW is a hot mess. Punk couldn't have played the entire last 6-7 months any better. AEW airing the footage was embarrassing at best.

A healthy AEW is good for pro wrestling overall though. Keep WWE feeling like somebody is chasing them, even if it isn't close. Good for talent to have an alternative as well. Tony should simply be an owner without being in charge. A bit like a Bob Kraft who needs his Bill Belichick, someone to hand the reigns to

People have problem with AEW not performing on their potential...there is talent, there are popular names...but due to poor booking and lack of interesting gimmicks it's declining.

I think Samoa Joe will lose the world title soon. Title is going to young hands, if they wanna create more MJFs of their own. Although I have always liked Samoa Joe as a performer.

Also when Punk won the match at Wembley, they had not intended to fire him...the Jack Perry confrontation was revealed later on...
    I mean the confrontation was revealed later on, but it happened before Punk and Joe went out to do the match. The guy told TK he quit and supposedly made him "fear for his life." They definitely should have switched the outcome at that point.

As for Joe I posted this in your other thread but I think he should hold it until Wembley. Build him up as a monster then have him put over Osprey because Osprey is the future of the company and the eventual face of the company.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

Originally Posted by BigElephant View Post
    I mean the confrontation was revealed later on, but it happened before Punk and Joe went out to do the match. The guy told TK he quit and supposedly made him "fear for his life." They definitely should have switched the outcome at that point.

As for Joe I posted this in your other thread but I think he should hold it until Wembley. Build him up as a monster then have him put over Osprey because Osprey is the future of the company and the eventual face of the company.
    Each to their own, but I feel AEW should put the title on Swerve at Dynasty...build a fresh batch of superstars around MJF...Konosuke, Ospreay, Jay White, Cole, Swerve....

Why not build the batch around your current veterans...

Also Jon Moxley needs to be main eventing again, AEW was doing much better whe he was main eventing...I mean he is at the prime of his peak career...

I would be really happy if Kenny Omega comes back...

Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cheerupemokid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by yieldtonothing View Post
    first of all

it's an honor to be back here among men, and not ****** ass cornholing ********** like married my cousin. he should ****in DIE

nobody here loves tony right? yes we are happy that he provides jobs and pays people, but nobody thinks his booking ideas are worth a chit?

aew was only interesting when there were personalities that were larger than life that either transcended the business or transcended a duality existing within the business

eg- cm punk, MJF, danielson when he first came in, don callis before he started phoning it in etc

tony khan is a miscer and he books his chit week to week like an indy. i'm not chitting on him.....but i'm chitting on him. stop running NBA arenas. just own what youre doing, pare it down and the tax write off will make more sense for your pops at the end of the day.

by no means am i saying stop. you're healthy for the business.....but your show sucks.
    He’s a terrible booker and doesn’t have the stones to put guys in their place. Being a bad booker isn’t necessarily detrimental though, Stone Cold was never a Vince plan, it was a guy getting over on his own and smacking him in the face with the obvious. Daniel Bryan did the same years later.

The problem is that a lot of the younger guys on the roster have accomplished nothing beyond getting a check from Tony Khan and think they no everything. Hence, you have a jabroni like Jack Perry who hasn’t drawn a dime in his life being visibly condescending to Punk before their altercation. I think this attitude will prevent the talent from catching fire. At least the men but I don’t think women can consistently draw on a national stage in the US.

Tony Khan really exposed himself as a trust fund baby that has never been in a fight with that video after his comments about fearing for his life though. I was involved in more physical and violent confrontations than that in elementary school. What was even remotely scary about that?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Each to their own, but I feel AEW should put the title on Swerve at Dynasty...build a fresh batch of superstars around MJF...Konosuke, Ospreay, Jay White, Cole, Swerve....

Why not build the batch around your current veterans...

Also Jon Moxley needs to be main eventing again, AEW was doing much better whe he was main eventing...I mean he is at the prime of his peak career...

I would be really happy if Kenny Omega comes back...
    See I agree with that part. But I think establishing Joe as a monster heel first is the gateway to that. He's the most imposing threat on their roster. Make him an unbeatable monster and then Osprey looks like a million bucks going over him clean in front of 80,000 at Wembley Stadium.

And yeah Mox needs to be back in the main event. He's exciting, intense, and over. Just needs to cut down on the blading.
    Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post
    He’s a terrible booker and doesn’t have the stones to put guys in their place. Being a bad booker isn’t necessarily detrimental though, Stone Cold was never a Vince plan, it was a guy getting over on his own and smacking him in the face with the obvious. Daniel Bryan did the same years later.

The problem is that a lot of the younger guys on the roster have accomplished nothing beyond getting a check from Tony Khan and think they no everything. Hence, you have a jabroni like Jack Perry who hasn’t drawn a dime in his life being visibly condescending to Punk before their altercation. I think this attitude will prevent the talent from catching fire. At least the men but I don’t think women can consistently draw on a national stage in the US.

Tony Khan really exposed himself as a trust fund baby that has never been in a fight with that video after his comments about fearing for his life though. I was involved in more physical and violent confrontations than that in elementary school. What was even remotely scary about that?
    Supposedly Perry also cussed out Schiavone and a couple other company officials who were trying to tell him not to do the broken window thing and Schiavone had to beg Punk to intervene and tell Perry no. If TK had any balls he should have shown up and squashed it then and there. When the fukking owner shows up and tells you no with conviction that holds weight. But at this point it's probably too late because TK is established as a weasel beta soyboy.

And yeah it wasn't scary at all, but Tony Khan looks strung out on coke every time I see him speak, so who knows he probably was hallucinating at the time as well.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a lot of hope for AEW, as many of you may remember.

I've grown to despise much of it now, specifically Tony Khan and the Young Bucks. They had Punk, they had what could have been a red hot angle with Punk/Elite. They decided they would embrace weakness and stupidity and not success. Fuk them, I root for their further humiliation and failure - and I've been eating well in that regard. Show the Wembley fight footage and it's aftermath will bring laughter for years.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer