LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Old Fart Tom One Arm Press Barbell

Tom, I recall you talking about doing one arm presses with the Olympic barbell?

I usually do them with the hammer bar, but since I have tendinitis in my right arm affecting my shoulder pain wise and since my left arm press is weaker and awkward, I decided to give the empty barbell a try.

I did it holding it out to the side, WOW! I was surprised I could do 10 strict presses. I added 5.5# for a total of 23.6kg, I failed to get 10 on set 1. Set 2 I got 10reps with another left in the tank.

I think I’m going to do these daily.

For the bodybuilders, this one because this is by far a better oblique developer than holding weights at the side plus done for reps is a complete shoulder blaster.

I thought the balance issue was going to make this unworthy, but no I think I can actually do more weight on these than the hammer bar, maybe.

The difference in bars all have thier benefits.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good man!!!

I'm not doing them myself for 2 reasons. First it makes workouts take longer as you need to do one side then the other compared to standard press and I am desperately short of time. Secondly they're a pain in the azz in a public gym. But it's a damn good exercise for sure. One of this odd ones where one arm with a standard bar is a lot less weight than just half what you'd do with 2 arms. Maybe with practice and expertise that difference would narrow over time

Like a pull up is like a chin up and more... I'd say this side press is the full exercise and standard ohp, as great as it is, is the tamed version.

On that subject I've got squats and OHP to get done this morning... got to stop keyboard lifting now, must go

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I'm not doing them myself for 2 reasons. First it makes workouts take longer as you need to do one side then the other compared to standard press and I am desperately short of time. )
    Well, they actually target more muscles than regular pressing, so you in fact do MORE with less.

This is THE bodybuilding exercise that bodybuilders ARENT doing.

I was rocked last night from these, felt like my back was working in a steel mill all day. Like Pockets strongest laborer.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW