erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50) erigni will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Front squat bar position

Yesterday I tried to front squat using the California grip. I heard that you are supposed to create a shelf with your raised shoulders and place the bar there, but when I tried this, and the bar strongly irritated my collarbone. I moved the bar more forward so that it rested on my upper chest, but it left that shelf and gave me shoulder pain. Can someone explain in detail exactly where the bar is supposed to rest during front squats?

Thank you.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do mummy front squats on smith machine specifically because of how annoying they are to set up

Power to you, they get easier with practice
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by erigni View Post
    Yesterday I tried to front squat using the California grip. I heard that you are supposed to create a shelf with your raised shoulders and place the bar there, but when I tried this, and the bar strongly irritated my collarbone. I moved the bar more forward so that it rested on my upper chest, but it left that shelf and gave me shoulder pain. Can someone explain in detail exactly where the bar is supposed to rest during front squats?

Thank you.
    If the bar is smashing your collarbone, it generally means you are not lifting your elbows which will drive your delts up (creating a meaty shelf). The problem with the california grip/cross-arm grip/bodybuilder grip, is for some, it makes kyphosis of the upper back happen more (the rounding) than you would if you did an olympic grip.

My 2 cents would be play around with it, the first few times you will definitly feel like you are choking yourself, but it should feel supported by your body and frame. Goblet squats to warm up is a good option to start get everything flexed as are barbell military presses with a super slow negative into the front rack position.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100) KimScott20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    The proper bar position for front squats can be tricky. It should ideally rest on your front deltoids while keeping your elbows high. This might require some flexibility work to achieve comfortably. Experiment with different grip widths and hand positions until you find what works best for you. Remember, discomfort is common initially but persistent pain could indicate incorrect form. Consider seeking guidance from a trainer for personalized advice.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I do mummy front squats on smith machine specifically because of how annoying they are to set up
    I rep out the 130 lb db with goblet squats because of how annoying FS is, even when you know how to do it.

OP, some people just have trouble with FS. You can use straps if it's too awkward, but there are cons for that too.

Yoda1891 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also worth mentioning; using straps (search on yt) is also a valid and solid option I reckon, gonna try this myself when I start front squatting since my wrist mobility isnt that good

Edit; ^ beat me to it, didnt refresh the page

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goblet and db on shoulder front squats are great pre-requisite exercises for learning the clean grip. Also, you can practice cleans or cleaning into certain lifts, clean & press or clean & front squat. I'd start with the bar on these, add weight as you get more comfortable with the movements, but they are pretty beneficial cause you get better at the grip, works the body a little more, but they can get pretty fatiguing so be warned.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I rep out the 130 lb db with goblet squats because of how annoying FS is, even when you know how to do it.

OP, some people just have trouble with FS. You can use straps if it's too awkward, but there are cons for that too.
    I think the goblet is highly underrated. 130 on the goblet is impressive man! I've seen a guy load up the 150 with chains and knock out reps (he kept it on a high box for easy pick up). But yeah, it's hard once you get strong to stay in that 5-8 rep range area... at the same time... these are definitely not the worst problems to have
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    I think the goblet is highly underrated. 130 on the goblet is impressive man! I've seen a guy load up the 150 with chains and knock out reps (he kept it on a high box for easy pick up). But yeah, it's hard once you get strong to stay in that 5-8 rep range area... at the same time... these are definitely not the worst problems to have
    It's actually not has hard as you'd think from a leg perspective. The problem is that many people who might have strong enough legs don't also have the combination of upper body/core strength & endurance to hold the db in that awkward position for the duration of a lengthy set.

dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100) dhatshana12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    As a patient of Denoc Hearing Clinic, I can assure you that there are numerous options available for hearing aids in India, catering to various needs and preferences. Denoc Hearing Clinic itself offers a wide range of hearing aids from leading brands, ensuring that patients have access to the latest technology and innovations in hearing care. Whether you're looking for behind-the-ear (BTE), in-the-ear (ITE), or completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids, Denoc Hearing Clinic can provide personalized recommendations based on your specific hearing requirements and lifestyle. With their expertise and dedication to patient satisfaction, Denoc Hearing Clinic is a trusted provider of hearing aids in India, ensuring that individuals with hearing loss can regain their quality of life and communication abilities.