GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question Is it possible to be successful in both your personal and professional life?

Just about everyone I’ve ever known has been one or the other.

For example, one of my cousins was a professional MMA fighter, but on a very low level. He did it for the love of combat, trained with Muay Thai masters, traveled all over the world, lived life to the fullest. He is also currently a phenomenal dad and family man with more friends than I can keep track of. He is always attending parties and going to concerts. Everyone who knows this guy loves him, however he has never really made any money in his life. His wife supports the family and he’s only worked seasonal jobs as long as I’ve known. Successful personal life, troubled professional life.

My mom’s ex-husband on the other hand was earning multiple 6 figures by his early 30s. When I was a little kid, I remember him flying to conferences all over the country, getting huge bonuses and promotions yearly. He had a reputation in his industry, but then when he got home he would beat my mom, chain smoke cigarettes, eat copious amounts of food and explode into violent fits of rage srs. He threatened to kill us on multiple occasions lol and he actually ended up dropping dead of a stroke in his mid 40s. YUGE professional success, personal life in shambles.

My dad is more of a personal success with tons of friends and hobbies, but not much money. I could go on an on.

I’ve just recognized a pattern where, at least for men, it seems to always be one or the other.

Is it even possible to enjoy both personal and professional success?

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes but only if you take care of yourself. I'm talking spending 30 minutes a day exercising, eating fairly clean, avoiding drugs, drinking less than average. This alone will help reinforce discipline into your life, make you have more energy for socializing, and improve your overall mood so you can be chipper and optimistic. By having those traits, and being someone fun out there in the world (while you're off from work), you'll attract people and make friends.
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.

OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000) OKMiscer is a complete loser! (-2000)
    A successful professional life begets a successful personal life.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    define success?

BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BrooksKoepka has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It is when u r a fuerdai crypto guru like antonio raymond wright

pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GuineaDago585 View Post
    Just about everyone I’ve ever known has been one or the other.

For example, one of my cousins was a professional MMA fighter, but on a very low level. He did it for the love of combat, trained with Muay Thai masters, traveled all over the world, lived life to the fullest. He is also currently a phenomenal dad and family man with more friends than I can keep track of. He is always attending parties and going to concerts. Everyone who knows this guy loves him, however he has never really made any money in his life. His wife supports the family and he’s only worked seasonal jobs as long as I’ve known. Successful personal life, troubled professional life.

My mom’s ex-husband on the other hand was earning multiple 6 figures by his early 30s. When I was a little kid, I remember him flying to conferences all over the country, getting huge bonuses and promotions yearly. He had a reputation in his industry, but then when he got home he would beat my mom, chain smoke cigarettes, eat copious amounts of food and explode into violent fits of rage srs. He threatened to kill us on multiple occasions lol and he actually ended up dropping dead of a stroke in his mid 40s. YUGE professional success, personal life in shambles.

My dad is more of a personal success with tons of friends and hobbies, but not much money. I could go on an on.

I’ve just recognized a pattern where, at least for men, it seems to always be one or the other.

Is it even possible to enjoy both personal and professional success?
    Yes, and you see it all the time in MMA / BJJ gyms.

I train along side doctors who have thriving practices and are active in their kids lives who still find the time to train 3-4x per week. One of which is a black belt, the other is a purple belt.

One of my training partners is a purple belt who is a legit millionaire and the CEO of a very busy protection/bodyguard company. He's former military (20 year army vet). He trains all the time, literally flies across the globe to compete (Paris, Brazil, etc). He's also a father and husband, and even finds time to volunteer in the community.

I train alongside lawyers, entrepreneurs, mechanics, engineers, nurses, teachers etc, all with similar stories.

This is one of the reasons why I think training martial arts (BJJ specifically) is so valuable. The networking opportunities are insane. Its perfect for all the misc incels who complain about not having a social life.

Go sign up, train, be consistent, and dont be a weirdo. You will make as many friends as you'd like, and meet a ton of quality people who will add insane value to your life/social circle.
    Reps to all BJJ/grappling/MMA bros.

Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000) Kubishime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    define success?
    This...

You have to define success first

If by professional success you mean being the best in your field - that comes at the expense of everything else in your life.
    Personal success... what does that even mean? How do you measure that?

JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JackyChin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah but you can't do it on your own, it takes a lot of help and good luck

ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000) ogrelook0ultra is just really nice. (+1000)
    How much that can be accomplished in life has a very high ceiling.

How much you can improve yourself from your starting position has a very low ceiling.

The rags to riches stories you see are outliers and exceptions and are the result of extreme luck. There isn’t a formula that they followed that someone else can repeat to replicate that success.

The saying that summarizes the situation is that you can have anything but not everything. So unless you were born into a situation where you have near unlimited resources, then yes, you have to pick and choose like in your examples, you can’t have it all.

The example I always like to use is the McDonalds founder. He made it in his mid 50s. Do you really think he was rotting for 5 decades the entire time? Of course not, he was working hard the entire time. So no, working harder isn’t the magic solution to have everything.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are only 24 hours in a day and you only live 80 years or so. It comes down to how you budget your time.

I worked 80+ hours a week for 20+ years building a business then took a step back, dropped it to 40 hours a week and had a kid.

In my not so humble opinion, I am very good at both the personal and the professional, but I didn't try to be the best at both at the same time.

I couldn't work 80 hour weeks and be the type of dad I want to be and that I believe my wife and daughter deserve.

If I'd had kids when younger, I couldn't have built the business I built. I'm not say that it can't be done, but that I couldn't have done it.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GooBaa is karate champ, slays new 10/10 everyday, $10K daily, Chad getting invited to swinger orgies etc.

He's easily lived like 10 lifetimes of accomplishments which is why he frauds pics of who he is roughly 7-10 guys who are all not the same person.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pojo18 View Post
    Yes, and you see it all the time in MMA / BJJ gyms.

I train along side doctors who have thriving practices and are active in their kids lives who still find the time to train 3-4x per week. One of which is a black belt, the other is a purple belt.

One of my training partners is a purple belt who is a legit millionaire and the CEO of a very busy protection/bodyguard company. He's former military (20 year army vet). He trains all the time, literally flies across the globe to compete (Paris, Brazil, etc). He's also a father and husband, and even finds time to volunteer in the community.

I train alongside lawyers, entrepreneurs, mechanics, engineers, nurses, teachers etc, all with similar stories.

This is one of the reasons why I think training martial arts (BJJ specifically) is so valuable. The networking opportunities are insane. Its perfect for all the misc incels who complain about not having a social life.

Go sign up, train, be consistent, and dont be a weirdo. You will make as many friends as you'd like, and meet a ton of quality people who will add insane value to your life/social circle.
    Exactly. The MISC thinks if you have a professional life then you hate your life, dont have time for anything else, etc.

Successful people value time. They have good time management skills. Notice how I didnt say rich people......successful people. My definition of success is that you acquired financial freedom to then work on the things that are most important and that you cannot buy.

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ogrelook0ultra View Post
    How much that can be accomplished in life has a very high ceiling.

How much you can improve yourself from your starting position has a very low ceiling.

The rags to riches stories you see are outliers and exceptions and are the result of extreme luck. There isn’t a formula that they followed that someone else can repeat to replicate that success.

The saying that summarizes the situation is that you can have anything but not everything. So unless you were born into a situation where you have near unlimited resources, then yes, you have to pick and choose like in your examples, you can’t have it all.

The example I always like to use is the McDonalds founder. He made it in his mid 50s. Do you really think he was rotting for 5 decades the entire time? Of course not, he was working hard the entire time. So no, working harder isn’t the magic solution to have everything.
    Lots of people on MISC with zero clue and make excuses for their own existence.

Does it take some good circumstance to be successful. Yes of course. But luck and circumstance appear ALL THE TIME.....so you just need to be able to see it and capitalize on just a few of them.
    I think the single most important thing that helps you early on is having good parents. But I still know happy successful people with dead beat parents.

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That depends on how you define success. If you wanna make Bezos type of money you pretty much have to have taken advantage of tons of people along the way
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight