Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is the Fierce 5 dumbell routine right for me?

meant to add novice to the title

"Who should use this program? It was designed for those people who don’t have a great deal of recent, well structured training behind them. It is for anyone with less than 6 months of current, structured and dedicated training. Even if you’ve been working out for a year or two, if you haven’t been intense, consistent, running a decent program and eating correctly you may still make progress on this routine." -This has been the case with me which is why I figured I'd do a novice routine. ive worked out for years but not consistently enough. I also feel like I've had one or 2 decent programs but wasn't eating enough.

this is what it says for the regular novice routine. is this the case with the dumbbell novice routine as well?

it also mentions that the intermediate routines are for people who've exhausted their newbie gains and are unable to add weight to the bar weekly.

generally I'm unable to add weight to the bar weekly but I'm not sure if that counts here since fierce 5 has you start extra light???

I'm honestly unsure if I've exhausted my newbie gains. I started the dumbell program today just because I don't feel like dealing with barbells right now.

just want to make sure I'm on the right routine. thanks!
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-25-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Adding weight to the bar is a a simplifed statement, but usually we mean adding weight to the bar with the same form you used for your warm ups, especially on newb programs. No one can add 5 lbs weekly for long periods of time... it's about the slow and steady grind of adding weights over months. Yes, there should be progress, but don't get hung up on adding so fast. I'd rather see people master weights than move on. 3 sets of 5 crappy form with 225 is less impressive to me than 3 sets of 5 with 185 of good form.

With dumbbells, the same rules apply just you won't be able to progress in the same nature because you can't microload. A 5lb jump on the barbell squat is way easier than a 5lb jump on the dumbbell press. Additionally, I would also argue that dumbbell movements tend to have a point of diminishing return when it comes to just smashing on weights for some movements.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mebbee just do a couple of sets of squats, deadlifts, rows, bench press and overhead presses 3x a week.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely the wrong program for you

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope you're a troll because it would be really sad if you're not.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Definitely the wrong program for you
    which one should I be doing? I won't argue if you answer me seriously.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-26-2024 at 08:37 AM.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I hope you're a troll because it would be really sad if you're not.
    it's a serious question

Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Adding weight to the bar is a a simplifed statement, but usually we mean adding weight to the bar with the same form you used for your warm ups, especially on newb programs. No one can add 5 lbs weekly for long periods of time... it's about the slow and steady grind of adding weights over months. Yes, there should be progress, but don't get hung up on adding so fast. I'd rather see people master weights than move on. 3 sets of 5 crappy form with 225 is less impressive to me than 3 sets of 5 with 185 of good form.

With dumbbells, the same rules apply just you won't be able to progress in the same nature because you can't microload. A 5lb jump on the barbell squat is way easier than a 5lb jump on the dumbbell press. Additionally, I would also argue that dumbbell movements tend to have a point of diminishing return when it comes to just smashing on weights for some movements.
    I was thinking about that also because sometimes the 5lb increments on dumbells feel like too much.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tybittz3 View Post
    it's a serious question
    Worst case scenario
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Worst case scenario
    what do you mean? I'm not trying to argue again I'm just trying to figure out which program to go with since I seem to meet the description for both. I'm trying to avoid paying for more training. I've finally accepted I wasted my time and money

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Mebbee just do a couple of sets of squats, deadlifts, rows, bench press and overhead presses 3x a week.
    yea but on the novice routine I assume you mean?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what do you mean? I'm not trying to argue again I'm just trying to figure out which program to go with since I seem to meet the description for both. I'm trying to avoid paying for more training. I've finally accepted I wasted my time and money
    Does it really take 20 multiple page threads to figure out a program to do? You're still wasting your time.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Does it really take 20 multiple page threads to figure out a program to do? You're still wasting your time.
    maybe I missed something then. how do I view my old threads? and I did day 1 of the db program but now I'm wondering if I should switch to barbell
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-26-2024 at 05:34 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    maybe I missed something then. how do I view my old threads?
    No need, you repeatedly ask the same question in 20 different ways in each and every thread. Just read this one or the next one you write.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was thinking about that also because sometimes the 5lb increments on dumbells feel like too much.
    5 lbs on dumb bells is too much. Just increase your repetitions to something like 15-20. Then add 5 pounds and start at 12 repetitions and work your way up to 15-20.

I do this with shotgun shells.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot