ThiccViking is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would like some help with a program

Hi there! I'm a 36 year old man just getting into training for the first time and would like some honest feedback. I want to make a program based on machines and cables as I don't think risk of injury is really worth it at this time in my life as I work a blue collar job so I want to minimize it. I've tried to make a program by looking up machine exercises and I tried to "collect" exercises to hit every muscle and common rep ranges for them, but because I'm a complete newbie I would like you guys to look over it to see if there's things I've completely missed or something. If I could get like 80% of my genetic potential (I'm talking muscle mass, not strength) I'd be super happy. I don't really have a time crunch or anything tho.

TUESDAY + FRIDAY

BACK
    Lat Pulldown 4x8
    Barbell Shrugs 4x8
    Machine Back Extension 4x10
    Machine Reverse Fly 4x8
    Machine Seated Row 4x8

BICEPS
    EZ-Bar Preacher Curl 4x10
    Standing Cable Curl 4x10

WEDNESDAY + SATURDAY

LEGS
    Leg Press 4x8
    Calf Press 4x10
    Leg Extension 4x8
    Unilateral Leg Curl 4x8

CORE
    Machine Crunch 4x10

THURSDAY + SUNDAY

TRICEPS
    Pushdown 4x8
    Overhead Extension 4x8

CHEST
    Machine Chest Press 4x8
    Machine Chest Fly 4x8

SHOULDER
    Machine Shoulder Press 4x8
    Machine Lat. Raise 4x10
    Face Pulls 4x10

Thanks for any responses

StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Consider switching to a beginner barbell program with compound lifts as your focus. This would address the main concerns you brought up in your post, in my opinion better than your program. Save your program ideas for later, though, once you have established a good foundation and gained a little experience with barbells.

I’d say make your own barbell program, but if you make a good one, it will simply be a copy of one that already exists. Good ones include deadlift, squat, bench press, and row, such as Stronglifts 5x5 and Fierce 5. I mention these two specifically because there is a wealth of information freely available to beginners who look into these fine beginner programs. Not only do these programs give insight into how to start and progress as a beginner but also how and when to ease into the next level, after beginner.

You said that you are just starting training. You don’t think risk of injury is worth it because you work a blue collar job. You are not pressured for time with regard to your training. You want to reach about 80 percent of your muscular potential. And, you feel that you might have completely missed something, maybe.

Sounds to me like you really, really, would benefit from such a beginner barbell program with compound lifts as your focus.

Do that for a minimum of 12 weeks before taking another look at your program. You will be in a much better position then to understand what to do with your machines and cables.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get on a novice program. In 6 months you will have surpassed the majority of people in commercial gyms who fart around with body part splits. After you have built a good base then move to a split routine. (Don’t write your own)

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like a push/pull/legs. They can work depending on design, i'm more of a full body(mon/wed/fri) or upper/lower(mon/tue/thu/fri) 1 hour of cardio on off days fan myself. If I was starting out again, i'd go with a time tested program for awhile until experienced enough to design my own.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or piss around and join the 80 percent forever beginners club. The membership is definitely growing.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ThiccViking View Post
    Hi there! I'm a 36 year old man just getting into training for the first time and would like some honest feedback. I want to make a program based on machines and cables as I don't think risk of injury is really worth it at this time in my life as I work a blue collar job so I want to minimize it. I've tried to make a program by looking up machine exercises and I tried to "collect" exercises to hit every muscle and common rep ranges for them, but because I'm a complete newbie I would like you guys to look over it to see if there's things I've completely missed or something. If I could get like 80% of my genetic potential (I'm talking muscle mass, not strength) I'd be super happy. I don't really have a time crunch or anything tho.

TUESDAY + FRIDAY

BACK
    Lat Pulldown 4x8
    Barbell Shrugs 4x8
    Machine Back Extension 4x10
    Machine Reverse Fly 4x8
    Machine Seated Row 4x8

BICEPS
    EZ-Bar Preacher Curl 4x10
    Standing Cable Curl 4x10

WEDNESDAY + SATURDAY

LEGS
    Leg Press 4x8
    Calf Press 4x10
    Leg Extension 4x8
    Unilateral Leg Curl 4x8

CORE
    Machine Crunch 4x10

THURSDAY + SUNDAY

TRICEPS
    Pushdown 4x8
    Overhead Extension 4x8

CHEST
    Machine Chest Press 4x8
    Machine Chest Fly 4x8

SHOULDER
    Machine Shoulder Press 4x8
    Machine Lat. Raise 4x10
    Face Pulls 4x10

Thanks for any responses

The two biggest issues are 6 days a week and exercises/body parts out of order.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!