theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000)

people who state "Bible" when given choice of only one book?

so whenever the "you can only read one book" question comes up and the people who state "Bible"....how many of them do you speculate have actually read it?

baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baldbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's got a lot of pages, maybe they're using it for toilet paper.

theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000) theraskal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm near to finished. about 60 days left in the Bible/Year program and my review is that I did not find it all that inspiring. It's a lot of boring Family tree kind of telling, like reading the names of someone else's people....and then it's A LOT of violence, really terrible, not really all that "feel good" inspiring and not written in an entertaining way like Lord of the Rings

Completely different from watching an entertaining expression like "The Chosen" series.

now, before I get HATED on for this review, I do consider myself a Christian fellow and I believe in the story of Jesus......but I don't need to be bored or repulsed by all that other stuff to believe in Jesus and wonder that maybe sometimes it's better to have a kind of child-like Santa Clause innocence belief because reading all that other stuff actually kind of had the opposite effect on me and instead of inspiring me it kind of gave me an uninspired feeling about it

From a historical perspective I feel satisfaction in making my way through it and won't deny that for much of it my mind wondered and I'll probably go through it again, perhaps multiple times, to see if each time I gain a little extra insight and understanding

I used the Father Mike Schmitz Bible-in-a-Year program on the youtube and so some recognition here to Father Mike for his commendable effort in sharing his knowledge with those like me

PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PShift5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its a fake ass book just like the Quran and Torah

skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skunkshark is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by theraskal View Post
    I'm near to finished. about 60 days left in the Bible/Year program and my review is that I did not find it all that inspiring. It's a lot of boring Family tree kind of telling, like reading the names of someone else's people....and then it's A LOT of violence, really terrible, not really all that "feel good" inspiring and not written in an entertaining way like Lord of the Rings

Completely different from watching an entertaining expression like "The Chosen" series.

now, before I get HATED on for this review, I do consider myself a Christian fellow and I believe in the story of Jesus......but I don't need to be bored or repulsed by all that other stuff to believe in Jesus and wonder that maybe sometimes it's better to have a kind of child-like Santa Clause innocence belief because reading all that other stuff actually kind of had the opposite effect on me and instead of inspiring me it kind of gave me an uninspired feeling about it

From a historical perspective I feel satisfaction in making my way through it and won't deny that for much of it my mind wondered and I'll probably go through it again, perhaps multiple times, to see if each time I gain a little extra insight and understanding

I used the Father Mike Schmitz Bible-in-a-Year program on the youtube and so some recognition here to Father Mike for his commendable effort in sharing his knowledge with those like me
    The bible is a combination of different kinds of literature. Some is poetry, some is history, some is biography, some is ancient letters. Good for you for reading it.

Not every section of the bible is a thrilling story, but the bible is truly the greatest story ever told and the most amazing book you can read. The way that the entire story is interconnected - you could study and enjoy it forever.

When talking about all the violence, don't forget that the climax of the story is when God allows himself to be killed by that violence which has reigned for hundreds of pages. After Abraham, Moses, Saul, David, and every other leader presented in the old testament the one who conquers sin and death is the one who said this (and did it):

Matthew 5

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    99% of Christians are totally selective in their interpretation of the Bible. Reading it like a book doesn't really make sense, because you're always having to interpret things differently. Even theologians can't keep their ducks in a row when it comes to this. Compare this to the Quran, which is to be taken completely literally - you can read it and always know you're supposed to take it 100% seriously and literally at all times.

This isn't knocking either of the religions, but rather pointing out how studying the Bible generally doesn't mean reading it cover to cover. How the Bible came to be, and how modern Christianity has developed side by side with society affects how Christians interact with it. A devoted Christian may of course read the Bible in its entirety, but I think extracting meaning from it will be a difficult task without significant help from their community or google.
    390 back squat
    285 bench press
    500 deadlift (I don't DL anymore)

"It's not about how much you lift. Its about how much it looks like you lift"

4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4everalone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Horizon92 View Post
    99% of Christians are totally selective in their interpretation of the Bible. Reading it like a book doesn't really make sense, because you're always having to interpret things differently. Even theologians can't keep their ducks in a row when it comes to this. Compare this to the Quran, which is to be taken completely literally - you can read it and always know you're supposed to take it 100% seriously and literally at all times.

This isn't knocking either of the religions, but rather pointing out how studying the Bible generally doesn't mean reading it cover to cover. How the Bible came to be, and how modern Christianity has developed side by side with society affects how Christians interact with it. A devoted Christian may of course read the Bible in its entirety, but I think extracting meaning from it will be a difficult task without significant help from their community or google.
    Quran copied the old & new testament tho so who cares If you dont need to interpret anything. The whole book is a rip off and it’s supposed author was a false prophet

Also the Quran & Hadiths are interpreted differently by different scholars & branches of Islam like any other religion. Quran clearly states that it’s permissable to have sex with either your wife or a woman that you won in war. ISIS interprets that as sex slaves being allowed, mainstream scholars do not.
    Follows Chestbrah's training routine crew

Resident Rocker ChristmasFnatic's Avatar
    ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would pick Bible too. Not cuz I am that interested, but 1 book for the rest of my life? That can bring in a lot of reading time, insights, wisdom and/or just entertainment.

That or a giant ass Grolier's encyclopedia.
    CHRISTMAS Forever Crew
    Rock N' Roll Crew
    Long Hair Crew
    Blue Belt BJJ Crew
    Running Crew
    Brazilian in Philippines Crew

WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you could only read one book why would you pick one you already read?

EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EireGunner has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Family tree names etc is just 1% of the Bible

Violence? Sounds like you just read the OT

get up early and read some pslams before you head out into the world

Read the wisdom of Jesus and you'll find something there
    :)

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 4everalone View Post
    Quran copied the old & new testament tho so who cares If you dont need to interpret anything. The whole book is a rip off and it’s supposed author was a false prophet

Also the Quran & Hadiths are interpreted differently by different scholars & branches of Islam like any other religion. Quran clearly states that it’s permissable to have sex with either your wife or a woman that you won in war. ISIS interprets that as sex slaves being allowed, mainstream scholars do not.
    In the eyes of a muslim, the Quran is the literal word of God. But it does indeed build on the old and new testament, but claims it is misinterpretations. The Quran is the "final word of God" so to speak. The hadiths are not the literal word of God, but stories about the prophet Muhammad which is supposed to inspire muslims on how to live their lives, how to understand the Quran etc.

Obviously the Quran (and hadiths) have to be interpreted. Everything needs to be interpreted. As an example, consider (1) criminal law and (2) poetry. Criminal law is written in a way so that citizens can understand what they can and cannot do, and what punishments they may receive if they do not abide by the law. Obviously both citizens and lawyers alike must interpret these laws, but its to be taken literally and at face value. Compare that to lets say poetry which may use figurative language and metaphors.

What you're saying about ISIS and the wahabist movements is essentially the biggest issue with Islam. A "moderate" muslim that just wants to live their lives is essentially... wrong. Islam cannot exist peacefully or be practiced correctly in modern society. And the understanding of the holy scripture leaves no room for leniance. This is why you can't draw Muhammad without risking your life. This is why LGBTQ rights or true gender equality cannot exist side by side with Islam.
    390 back squat
    285 bench press
    500 deadlift (I don't DL anymore)

"It's not about how much you lift. Its about how much it looks like you lift"

Originally Posted by WHChampion View Post
    If you could only read one book why would you pick one you already read?
    because Great Books are highly Re-Readable

Originally Posted by EireGunner View Post
    Family tree names etc is just 1% of the Bible

Violence? Sounds like you just read the OT

get up early and read some pslams before you head out into the world

Read the wisdom of Jesus and you'll find something there
    statement 1: I said it is like reading the Family Tree of someone else's people, which of course includes all the names listed(and we're talking THOUSANDS of YEARS)....but also THEIR story just as I implied...the Jews and THEIR story is a very core element/theme of the Bible.

statements 2 & 3: why did you discount/ignore the WHOLE rest of the Bible which was addressed in my post. I am observing/reviewing the WHOLE BIBLE in its COMPLETE telling...not just one or two sections.

uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Bible is a library and contains many books

Reads Like a Family Tree/History JUST AS I HAVE OBSERVED:

"Jews are an ancient people with a long history. The Bible tells of their origins more than 4,000
    years ago

The Jewish people derive from one family. They are the offspring of the Biblical figures Abraham and Sarah and their children and grandchildren. This gives most Jews a common origin. According to the Bible and archeological evidence, the Jews settled in and around what is now Israel.'-----

https://echoesandreflections.org/wp-...sm_7_26_23.pdf

another example to support my observation:

what are NON-JEWS called in the Bible? GENTILES. May as well say "those people"

uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000) uhohspaghetteos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    another example to support my observation:

what are NON-JEWS called in the Bible? GENTILES. May as well say "those people"
    Revelation 3:9
    Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of
    Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but do lie — behold, I will make them to come and worship at thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

I like to imagine Jesus as this kind of Buddha-like figure who really cared about ALL of Humanity and desired to help who he could......and yes, there are some gems in the bible like Proverbs, Psalms, and Sirach but so much of it I found not that captivating or inspiring in how it was told and what was told as compared to Lord of the Rings as example

I like to imagine Jesus as this kind of Buddha-like figure who really cared about ALL of Humanity and desired to help who he could......and yes, there are some gems in the bible like Proverbs, Psalms, and Sirach but so much of it I found not that captivating or inspiring in how it was told and what was told as compared to Lord of the Rings as example
    That's nice but you're still going to Hell.

bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    would take an encyclopedia or wildernest survival guide
    HTC is too skinny for me. Fat Girls only crew. serious
    Chubby Chaser and Fat Girls Only crew Founder

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I only read Leviticus. Fuk the rest of it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingMen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unsure

But I know for a fact 100% of them are ph aggots

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a lot of boring Family tree kind of telling, like reading the names of someone else's people....and then it's A LOT of violence, really terrible, not really all that "feel good" inspiring and not written in an entertaining way like Lord of the Rings
    Read the Book of Esther in the OT. King had a party and his wife the Queen had a party with her sloots. King was in a great mood and sent for her but she refused. Then all the wise men of the King said if he lets her get away with this then every man's wife will disrespect her husband, so he divorced the Queen and started looking for a new Queen. He ended up falling for Esther, who was a Jew. Esther had an uncle named Mordecai who was also a Jew. Haman, the King's second in-line and his right hand man, hated Mordecai, found out he was a Jew and then got the King to make an edict he could not undo killing all the Jews.

Gallows were set up to hang the Jews. Won't explain any more but God of course turns things around.

Originally Posted by Horizon92 View Post
    99% of Christians are totally selective in their interpretation of the Bible.
    70% of people who tell me they are Christian can not give me even one Bible verse, but just look at me with a blank stare. And sadly, the majority of people who say they are Christians are not. Just as God spoke his Word and the Universe was created, so also does His Word makes us a new creation. It's more important than food.
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Willing to create a thread "Is Paul Jerome a Larp" if anyone with a username 5 years or older accuses me of fraud. Any takers?