Registered User DanFromArkansas's Avatar
    DanFromArkansas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile If beef has 30g Fat/serving, but oil's left in the pan after cooking, does it matter?

My Wife is counting calories. The label on the ground beef we bought says there are 30g Fat per serving, but after cooking 2-3lbs of the stuff, I weighed the oil left in the pan. Turns out for every serving we had 10g of oil left in the pan. So, does each serving actually have 30g Fat, or is it more like 20g?

I always wondered this, but I had to gain weight to get where I wanted. So if there were any doubt I'd just drink that stuff out of the pan. My Wife's on the other hand trying to lose weight right now.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DanFromArkansas View Post
    My Wife is counting calories. The label on the ground beef we bought says there are 30g Fat per serving, but after cooking 2-3lbs of the stuff, I weighed the oil left in the pan. Turns out for every serving we had 10g of oil left in the pan. So, does each serving actually have 30g Fat, or is it more like 20g?

I always wondered this, but I had to gain weight to get where I wanted. So if there were any doubt I'd just drink that stuff out of the pan. My Wife's on the other hand trying to lose weight right now.
    You're overthinking it, you can't really account for lost fat through cooking (you also can't really count on food labels being all that accurate either). Just go with what's on the label and call it a day, as long as you're consistent with your counting that's all that really matters.

But if you're trying to lose weight then you generally don't want to be eating ground beef with such a high fat content in the first place. 90/10 is the highest fat content I would go while cutting, but generally I would stick with 93/7 or 96/4.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Some guy on here did something similar as an experiment to your question.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...63&pagenumber=
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Learn how to actually cook.

I always wondered this, but I had to gain weight to get where I wanted. So if there were any doubt I'd just drink that stuff out of the pan.
    You might just want to use it to fry some eggs dude.

Registered User DanFromArkansas's Avatar
    DanFromArkansas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Learn how to actually cook.
    Literally a chef. Thanks for the laugh.

jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100) jerrymorelos is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you cooked 2-3lbs of ground beef and found that there was 10g of oil left in the pan after cooking, you can subtract this from the total fat content. In the future i would definitely consider discovering new cooking methods and signature kitchen suite customer service will be able to help you with that.
    Last edited by jerrymorelos; 04-18-2024 at 04:36 AM.