Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fish or eggs? solution for disgusting vegetarian clean bulk

I am a 5 ft 1 female vegetarian.
    I have been following a disgusting clean bulk and it has been working very well, gaining an average of 3kg per month and 2 inches to chest, half to arms each month for a while now.
    I eat 3250 cals - I know people will say this is too much at my weight and height of 69kg (I have always been heavier even before bulking - in past I have eaten only 1000 cals and done masses of cardio for a thin figure - I know this will also get slated; but post trying to bulk my size 8 figure was what I wanted- I just weigh a lot)
    I eat 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fat - 6 meals a day; 4 litres of water.
    This equates to 366 carbs, 285 protein and 72 fat - I did 40/40/20 before, but saw kidney warnings re protein.

I am finding it disgusting and considering eating fish or eggs (I am vegan apart from milk and fa ge yogurt).
    Which is best for protein out of fish or eggs?
    Last edited by Longwaygirl; 03-15-2024 at 10:53 AM.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an absurdly high amount of protein! Are you lifting as well?

The macronutrient ratios are ultimately irrelevant, and getting a minimum of protein and fat (approximately 0.7g/lb of protein and slightly less fat for men, and I think less for women) with carbs as bonus energy within a set caloric range relative to your TDEE is what's important.

Also, if you're vegan outside of dairy then wouldn't fish and eggs both be off the table? If you're planning on switching away from veganism, though, they're both very high quality sources of protein and contain other important nutrients as well: omega 3s, b-vitamins, selenium, etc., so both in the right moderation are excellent choices. How you're getting those numbers with vegan food options sounds suspicious, especially the protein. You've got to be eating literal pounds of beans, peas, or something like that to be getting that much protein in so few calories without meat.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longwaygirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    That's an absurdly high amount of protein! Are you lifting as well?

The macronutrient ratios are ultimately irrelevant, and getting a minimum of protein and fat (approximately 0.7g/lb of protein and slightly less fat for men, and I think less for women) with carbs as bonus energy within a set caloric range relative to your TDEE is what's important.

Also, if you're vegan outside of dairy then wouldn't fish and eggs both be off the table? If you're planning on switching away from veganism, though, they're both very high quality sources of protein and contain other important nutrients as well: omega 3s, b-vitamins, selenium, etc., so both in the right moderation are excellent choices. How you're getting those numbers with vegan food options sounds suspicious, especially the protein. You've got to be eating literal pounds of beans, peas, or something like that to be getting that much protein in so few calories without meat.

Yes, I lift - PPL x 6 days a week. No cardio; rest day on a Sunday.
    I have 6 meals; so today for example:

meal 1 - 215 g fa ge yogurt
    25 g protein granola

meal 2 - today an oreo grenade bar
    200 g fa ge yogurt

meal 3 - 200g quorn mince
    50g mushrooms
    250 g sauce
    150g cooked quinoa

meal 4 - 10 rice cakes, 15g peanut butter
    another grenade bar
    low fat/high carb bar (aldi skinny bars are good)

meal 5- 6 vegetarian sausages
    2 protein high sandwich thins
    protein yogurt
    another load of rice cakes

meal 6 - a ufit shake 22g protein
    2 scoops whey

it equates to that protein but it's not exactly nice, or easy. or cheap!
    is fish better in terms of protein than eggs? I may have to move from this..too hard

What fish do you reccomend?