Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tybittz3 View Post
    to be fair I have also heard that novices don't need a customized program. but for example, with me my barbell bench press gets uneven the heavier I go which is why I think some exercises won't work for me.
    In what way is your bench press uneven? I can almost guarantee this is a technique issue rather than a programming issue. If there's any program change that might help, it would probably be swapping barbell for dumbbell bench press for a while, which is going to be perfectly acceptable for most programs and doesn't require you to change your entire routine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    In what way is your bench press uneven? I can almost guarantee this is a technique issue rather than a programming issue. If there's any program change that might help, it would probably be swapping barbell for dumbbell bench press for a while, which is going to be perfectly acceptable for most programs and doesn't require you to change your entire routine.
    not saying it's the program's fault but I've had multiple fitness professionals notice an imbalance in my back and imply that was part of an issue. I don't think it's necessarily technique because it's fine on the lower weight. corrective exercises seem to even it out temporarily, or like you and others suggested, swapping it out for dumbells instead.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sometimes "helpless" and "hopeless" are the same thing.

Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tybittz3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Sometimes "helpless" and "hopeless" are the same thing.
    what do you mean

also what I meant is the right side of the barbell goes higher than the left on heavier weight. have you heard of something like this?
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-14-2024 at 09:21 AM.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    because they may need something specialized for their needs and body.

Oh bull#%^*

If youre a beginner thru advanced those bodybuilding books will have you covered.
    Last edited by coachcalande; 03-14-2024 at 09:41 AM.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    also what I meant is the right side of the barbell goes higher than the left on heavier weight. have you heard of something like this?
    Did you break a limb when you were younger? I know a guy that had his arm in a cast when he was 13 or 14. A few years later when he would extend out both his arms, the arm that was not in a cast was longer than the other arm by about an inch.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Did you break a limb when you were younger? I know a guy that had his arm in a cast when he was 13 or 14. A few years later when he would extend out both his arms, the arm that was not in a cast was longer than the other arm by about an inch.
    no
    I don't know why it's like this

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Oh bull#%^*
    not everything works for everyone

jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did you try?
    “For new tricks you have to disconnect your brain, to forget that you can fall, and that is the hardest work. Just do it! Don’t care what people think. If you want, you can!” - Sarah Lezito

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Literally everyone

Muscle is muscle…

Progressive resistance training with basic pushes, pulls, hinges and squats works for *checks notes * every one.

Aside from needing a physical therapist because of medical conditions or injuries- no reason to hire anyone to write a program. Even a PT would insist on actually teaching you first.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Literally everyone

Muscle is muscle…

Progressive resistance training with basic pushes, pulls, hinges and squats works for *checks notes * every one.

Aside from needing a physical therapist because of medical conditions or injuries- no reason to hire anyone to write a program. Even a PT would insist on actually teaching you first.
    what would be the point of a personal trainer or a customized plan for a normal person then.

Originally Posted by jasonp360 View Post
    Did you try?
    ive tried certain things. I might try fierce 5 also. certain things don't work for me. for instance, for whatever reason the bench press doesn't seem to grow my chest. for whatever reason my chest struggles to grow in general even after doing a wide variety of exercises.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-14-2024 at 10:31 AM.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    yes. certain things don't work for me. for instance, for whatever reason the bench press doesn't seem to grow my chest.
    Try doing dumb bell presses. I like them because I get a better range of motion and because my wrists are not in a fixed position in the Y plane.

For you 'tards that don't know what the Y plane is, it's the horizontal axis.
    Current rankings

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Try doing dumb bell presses. I like them because I get a better range of motion and because my wrists are not in a fixed position in the Y plane.

For you 'tards that don't know what the Y plane is, it's the horizontal axis.
    db press definitely feels like it targets it better

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what would be the point of a personal trainer or a customized plan for a normal person then.
    I recommend neither, so I'd start with there being no point unless you want to pay someone to hold you accountable for showing up or if you're too lazy to find a reputable novice training program online.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

I recommend neither, so I'd start with there being no point unless you want to pay someone to hold you accountable for showing up or if you're too lazy to find a reputable novice training program online.
    after this I think I'm done paying and moving to fierce 5 if the program is bad.

honestly if I got anything out of pt it's that I can now do barbell squats without hurting my back. watching videos alone wasn't enough for me to get it right.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd argue there's no point other than making someone some money.

ive tried certain things. I might try fierce 5 also. certain things don't work for me. for instance, for whatever reason the bench press doesn't seem to grow my chest. for whatever reason my chest struggles to grow in general even after doing a wide variety of exercises.
    How much are you benching?

I see it often in novices who haven't learn the movement pattern.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Exactly

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Do whatever works for you regardless of this nebulous “they” says - or even us.

But when what you’re doing - and everything you’ve done in the past - isn’t working, you need to look within yourself and make a meaningful change in your approach.

Simpler is always better - special needs as a beginner is rarely a thing. Complicated sometimes may be necessary further down the road in one’s development.

Good luck!
    I'm officially getting a refund. I'm reading into fierce 5 now

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I'd argue there's no point other than making someone some money.

How much are you benching?

I see it often in novices who haven't learn the movement pattern.
    sorry I meant to answer this earlier. the most I remember doing with decent form is at least 135lb. things start to get sloppy above that.

“Customized training” 😂👍

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Do whatever works for you regardless of this nebulous “they” says - or even us.

But when what you’re doing - and everything you’ve done in the past - isn’t working, you need to look within yourself and make a meaningful change in your approach.

Simpler is always better - special needs as a beginner is rarely a thing. Complicated sometimes may be necessary further down the road in one’s development.

Good luck!
    yeah I think I'm done paying for trainers. I wish I had other people to train with though and spot me. I'm just too paranoid to spend any money after reading what everyone has been telling me.

“Customized training” ������������
    I'm glad you find it funny. Just because certain things work for most people doesn't mean they'll work for everyone. anyway, I'm probably done paying for personal training but to say they don't have a place is bull****. athletes have coaches too, don't tell me they can just watch everything on youtube. I've watched countless videos on how to squat and deadlift on youtube. I only got it right until someone in person taught me how to do it.
    Last edited by Tybittz3; 03-16-2024 at 07:35 PM.

JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That guy's sauced to the gills. That's the real secret to his "program".

Originally Posted by JoeDelts View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a refund.

There are plenty of free programs out there. I wouldn't pay someone to write one for me unless I was paying them to be my trainer which I also wouldn't pay for.
    Honestly, as much as my in person trainers sucked they were able to get me to deadlift and squat without hurting myself. Watching a bunch of youtube videos wasn't enough for me. Maybe that's just me though. I don't think I'm spending anymore though.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm glad you find it funny. Just because certain things work for most people doesn't mean they'll work for everyone. anyway, I'm probably done paying for personal training but to say they don't have a place is bull****. athletes have coaches too, don't tell me they can just watch everything on youtube.
    What you're talking about is a methodical approach to training, with thoughtful analyses of responses to protocols and making adjustments based on those analyses. It's not an excuse to make haphazard changes like you have been doing.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by JoeDelts View Post
    OP. You are paying for his sauce. His special vitamins. His supplements.
    Current rankings