Mnarwold is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Feeling sick from workout - need advice

I'm a 38 year old male and one year ago started with diet and exercise. Went from 180 lbs to 155lbs over 4 months. For exercise, I started with simple things like push ups and cheap dumbells. Eventually got a barbell and real weights. I was doing pretty standard 3x8 squats, bench press, rows, and deadlifts 3 times per week. I was adding weight regularly (at least once per week) and seeing great results. Felt great, enjoyed the process. My goal isn't huge muscles or amazing strength. Just want to be generally healthy and stay sexy for the wife.

Then I hit my goal weight and went on vacation at the same time. I continued to be pretty good with my eating, but when I got back from vacation I hit a wall in working out. I had to drop the weight, and still struggled. My muscles could do the job, but it felt like my body as a whole was over exerted. I would get light-headedness and have stomach aches. It was not fun at all and I eventually stopped.

I've tried restarting, with very low weight and working my way up. But it seems like I go straight from "This is so easy it is not stressing my muscles at all," to "this is too hard on some part of my system and I feel horrible."

My schedule is much crazier this year than last year, so being able to do hour long work outs 3 times per week is already going to be very difficult. Add to that not feeling good and I just don't make it at all.

What should I do? Do I need to do a different sort of workout all together before I go back to weights? What part of my body is getting over stressed?
    Thanks for the help.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mnarwold View Post

What should I do?.
    See a doctor and get a physical, a professional opinion. If they clear to to work out and nothing is wrong.

Man up!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You lost weight quick. 155, how tall are you? Are you getting enough protein? Going on vaction with a woman will zap your strenght for a while.

CK
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

Originally Posted by carbkilla View Post
    You lost weight quick. 155, how tall are you? Are you getting enough protein? Going on vaction with a woman will zap your strenght for a while.

CK
    I am 5'11". Weight loss was just a little over 1lbs a week. Not sure how much protein I'm currently getting.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So much of the iron game is mental... Try switching things up. Instead of 3 sets of 8, try 8 sets of 3. Instead of fullbody, try a split. Start slow and see what is causing the issue if its not too awful.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am 5'11". Weight loss was just a little over 1lbs a week. Not sure how much protein I'm currently getting.
    You give so little useful info in your long post that there's not much feedback that can be given. Rest, see a doctor, and stop losing weight - you sound skinny and weak and like you're just doing endless cardio when you lift.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You give so little useful info in your long post that there's not much feedback that can be given. Rest, see a doctor, and stop losing weight - you sound skinny and weak and like you're just doing endless cardio when you lift.
    I stopped losing weight about 8 months ago and have been maintaining.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stopped losing weight about 8 months ago and have been maintaining.
    EDIT:

You give so little useful info in your long post that there's not much feedback that can be given. Rest, see a doctor - you sound skinny and weak and like you're just doing endless cardio when you lift.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You probably have a parasitic worm in your intestines. It's no big deal. A veterinarian can give you some medication and you'll pass out the worm during a bowel movement. It happens to me about every year. Maybe I should stop eating raw meat?
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's Ivermectin. You probably need 10 grams. It does not kill the worm, it expels it. So don't freak out if you see a 2 foot long worm in your toilet after a bowel movement. Don't take the Ivermectin before you go to sleep or you'll wake up with a 2 foot long worm in your bed. Have a nice day.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is likely over overexertion. I have had to pull over driving home and yeah.. Kinda sux, but shows you train properly... (I mean I lost weight doing so lol..)