Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If it’s Working Keep Doing it

We’ve all been told that or told someone else that before.

I’m here to say that if you decide to use whatever works all the time and it’s the only thing you do, eventually it won’t work as it once did.

See folks I discovered this gem, that works for me, time and time again this gem works, for me, it may not for you so I’m not going get into what that is.

What I will tell you is that what I do with this gem is I keep in my arsenal, I tuck it away here and there and then unleash it and it always works. So let’s say I use my gem for a few weeks and it’s going good. I stop and do other things to trick the mind, because the mind is the key, and the body follows.

Another PR today, not only did I press PR an extra 2.5pounds but I got 4 additional reps, FOUR ADDITIONAL reps!!!! Beating my previous max effort in this lift and weight!
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No idea what you're on about with the always working. But genuinely pleased for you... that you're still getting PRs, especially in press which is such a thankless and slow progressing lift. And for reps too **** that's good stuff!

Edit: I've always said: while it's working, keep doing it

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Doing the same thing routinely is not the best approach imo, at least not for me..

Plus it's boring.

I very rarely hit muscle groups the same way consecutively. Variety is the spice of life and has been a key component in hypertrophy for me. It has helped with my strength training as well.

Something I learned when I was 12 years old.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Doing the same thing routinely is not the best approach imo, at least not for me..

Plus it's boring.

I very rarely hit muscle groups the same way consecutively. Variety is the spice of life and has been a key component in hypertrophy for me. It has helped with my strength training as well.

Something I learned when I was 12 years old.

In a recent post you said you been doing PPL. You also said the same thing about a year ago PPL.

So what’s changed?????

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    In a recent post you said you been doing PPL. You also said the same thing about a year ago PPL.

So what’s changed?????
    The reason I do PPL is because of its simplicity and versatility

First PPL I do Low Rep Heavy

Next PPL Hi Rep Low Weight.

Even this variation helps imo...

I won't get into every muscle group but here are a few examples.

Back..

I believe that a full back workout consists of something from above, front and below

From Above

Lat Pull Downs... Pull Ups... etc... a different pull type or position, wide grip, neutral, narrow etc.. will all hit the back from a different angle.

Something from the front

Row, that can be a BOR, Seated row, one armed row etc...
    In all these instances by employing a different pull be it a variation or something as simple as changing the grip, wide, narrow, neutral etc is enough of a change to promote hypertrophy.

Something from the Below.

A dead variation, Rack Pull etc...

Way too many options to mention.

Legs

Varying the squat type, BB, Hip Belt, front , dumbbell squats etc...

Using different Lunges etc..

Leg press, different foot placement will hit the leg differently....

So many options..

I won't get into the other muscle groups there are way too many variations but you should get the picture from the few examples I gave..The amount of variations in exercises is the way that I shake things up and keep it interesting. I wake up every morning and can't wait to get started. I believe the reason I have the drive that I do after all these years is because of the variety I employ in my training. I can't do the same thing day after day, it may work for some. For me it does not.

Some people call it muscle confusion, I don't care for that term I just call it mixing it up. I am also a huge believer in Unilateral training which also keeps thing interesting and I employ it often to mix things up.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

The reason I do PPL is because of its simplicity and versatility

First PPL I do Low Rep Heavy

Next PPL Hi Rep Low Weight.

Even this variation helps imo...

I won't get into every muscle group but here are a few examples.

Back..

I believe that a full back workout consists of something from above, front and below

From Above

Lat Pull Downs... Pull Ups... etc... a different pull type or position, wide grip, neutral, narrow etc.. will all hit the back from a different angle.

Something from the front

Row, that can be a BOR, Seated row, one armed row etc...
    In all these instances by employing a different pull be it a variation or something as simple as changing the grip, wide, narrow, neutral etc is enough of a change to promote hypertrophy.

Something from the Below.

A dead variation, Rack Pull etc...

Way too many options to mention.

Legs

Varying the squat type, BB, Hip Belt, front , dumbbell squats etc...

Using different Lunges etc..

Leg press, different foot placement will hit the leg differently....

So many options..

I won't get into the other muscle groups there are way too many variations but you should get the picture from the few examples I gave..The amount of variations in exercises is the way that I shake things up and keep it interesting. I wake up every morning and can't wait to get started. I believe the reason I have the drive that I do after all these years is because of the variety I employ in my training. I can't do the same thing day after day, it may work for some. For me it does not.

Some people call it muscle confusion, I don't care for that term I just call it mixing it up. I am also a huge believer in Unilateral training which also keeps thing interesting and I employ it often to mix things up.

My first workouts I did in my very early twenties was stuff from Arnold’s book and FLEX mag. You know multiple exercises for the same group once or twice a week.

The gem I figured out is doing only one exercise per muscle group worked better than multiple exercises per muscle group.

Take back for example-

Day 1 BOR that’s it, move to another group that day like triceps.

Day 2 Dead lift that’s it move to something else like biceps.

Day 3 pull-up then squat or some leg movement.

That’s my staple gem that ALWAYS works but I will skip days or add other exercises of the same group to change things up.

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't know how or why you workout the way you do, if it is working for yourself good on you. Myself I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday which would have been Shoulder and Tricep day, so did 1 muscle group the last two days and will miss a day off. This is how I train:

Boxing bag to warm up 1-3 minutes, Single Kettle bell benches x20 one arm at a time (dislocated my shoulder and rehabbing it each day), Shoulder presses 8x3x150Kgs, Frontal Shoulder lifts with an EZ Bar 8x3x40 (give or take a KG or two not knowing the weight of the bar exactly), Side raises with dumbbells (not the best of form) 3x8x35Kgs each dumbbell, Side raises on a Cable machine (100% form) 3x8x30KGs.

I do usually stick to 3x8, but switch to more weight and/or 3x6-12reps. Old school 4 day split is the way to go, even if you vary it like I had to do this week. And im natural, only use Protein shakes, and Creatine. Most users couldn't keep up with me when im feeling 100%, that's my tip. (and I weigh 97Kgs give or take depending on the day so not massive, but a power lifter).

Originally Posted by Gandog View Post
    Single Kettle bell benches x20 one arm at a time (dislocated my shoulder and rehabbing it each day), Shoulder presses 8x3x150Kgs, Frontal Shoulder lifts with an EZ Bar 8x3x40 (give or take a KG or two not knowing the weight of the bar exactly), Side raises with dumbbells (not the best of form) 3x8x35Kgs each dumbbell, Side raises on a Cable machine (100% form) 3x8x30KGs.

Lets put that in pounds for those who don't understand Kilograms..

8 X 3 for 330 lb shoulder press

3 X 8 for 66 lb side raise

3 X 8 for 66 lb cable side raises

^^^^^^^^

This after you said that you only used a 20 lb Kettle bell to bench because you are rehabbing a shoulder.

GTFO with your nonsense.

You are full of sh!t, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I kid you not, the manager at my gym was an amateur Aus or World champ.. She calls me an enigma, shaking her head thinking how lol..

Ohh you can't leg press 550Kgs, I rep it 3x8, watch me! Most the gym does stop to do so, thinking WTF.. I do it, don't mock me please... You got the math wrong as well with some conversions. Not sure the weight off the kettle bell, I rep it 20 times each arm for rehab and sometimes have swap lower doing it everyday almost..

Lets put that in pounds for those who don't understand Kilograms..

8 X 3 for 330 lb shoulder press

3 X 8 for 66 lb side raise

3 X 8 for 66 lb cable side raises

^^^^^^^^

This after you said that you only used a 20 lb Kettle bell to bench because you are rehabbing a shoulder.

GTFO with your nonsense.

You are full of sh!t, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining..

I bet he is using machines not free weights. If they are free weights he’s only doing 1”ROM.

Even doing 1inch ROM seated free weight presses with 330 requires big shoulders (my old fat boss could do that, but he could also dead lift a load naturally).

I bet he is using a machine on the presses AND going 1-2” ROM.

For the laterals, again he’s just going a few inches with the bells.

I bet he is using machines not free weights. If they are free weights he’s only doing 1”ROM.

Even doing 1inch ROM seated free weight presses with 330 requires big shoulders (my old fat boss could do that, but he could also dead lift a load naturally).

LMAO that could be.... Something isn't right.

8 x 3 @ 330? Absolutely not.

I usually believe what people post about their lifts.. To me it makes no sense to exaggerate, they are only cheating themselves because most people don't really give a fuk what others lift anyway. At least I don't.

With that said, I can't accept the numbers this fukker is laying down, he is someone that I will never take at face value or seriously.

My math was off on the side laterals, I was light by 9 pounds..

Not that it matters, there is no way in hell you I believe you even did a single 66 lb side lateral let alone 3 X 8

Forget a 77+ lol

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i used to lift with Franco Columbu's wife's ex husband.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparro
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossu
    SuicideGripMe: Falco
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wease
    Stefo9: Fert
    Camarja: Raccon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

Sigh,

I so have to get someone to video tape it lol.. I do a combination of power lifting (not perfect form, but lifting very heavy, more than 1-2 inches). And bodybuilding, I knocked a boxing bag off the roof the other month breaking the carabiner holding it.. It's 2 45 in the morn and ive downed 22 beers, as I do to sleep, I need a few more and sleep to wake for squats, back and forearms.. I am actually telling the truth here, sigh... Yes I push at a pro level and aint one, still I do it..

Don't compare yourself to who train next too, if you see progress doing what you do keep at it. I will tomorrow (today I guess) once I wake up.

Originally Posted by Gandog View Post

I so have to get someone to video tape it lol
    May as well shoot for the stars

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...break-a-record

I usually believe what people post about their lifts.. To me it makes no sense to exaggerate, they are only cheating themselves because most people don't really give a fuk what others lift anyway. At least I don't.

With that said, I can't accept the numbers this fukker is laying down, he is someone that I will never take at face value or seriously.

Not that it matters, there is no way in hell you I believe you even did a single 66 lb side lateral let alone 3 X 8

Forget a 77+ lol

One of the first gyms I ever joined, there was a lawyer who trained there, he wasn’t a small man but he wasnt jacked or anything, he was just average looking, no mass at all. If you saw him on the street he would not stand out as a lifter, even if he wore a tank.

He did the same routine every Monday Wednesday and Friday every week, bench, pulldowns and a handful of other stuff using the biggest weights in the gym. There was only one guy using heavier loads and was an obvious lifter with the look.

Every week, on those days he would bounce 365 off his chest, just bounce reps, then he load the entire stack and do partial pulldowns the bar would actually bang his head on almost every rep.

The guy never grew and always looked the same.

He was always impressed with his 365 bounce method, “look at me, I’m 45 doing 365” is what he would walk around saying.

Forget a 77+ lol

Many would never believe your story about your friend who never saw a number 3 gripper before and closed it like nail clippers. LOL I don’t even believe that story because every one has a buddy who dosent lift who can either close a 3 easy or lift an engine block out of a car with thier arms.

Cleave Dean didn’t even fully close a 3 when handed one back in the 90s. That guy had the strongest wrists in the world and worked as a farmer he weighed 400# and could physically handle the animals on the farm. He was a wrist arm wrestler, not a lifter.

Many would never believe your story about your friend who never saw a number 3 gripper before and closed it like nail clippers. LOL I don’t even believe that story because every one has a buddy who dosent lift who can either close a 3 easy or lift an engine block out of a car with thier arms.

Cleave Dean didn’t even fully close a 3 when handed one back in the 90s. That guy had the strongest wrists in the world and worked as a farmer he weighed 400# and could physically handle the animals on the farm. He was a wrist arm wrestler, not a lifter.

A lot of my buddies are Lumberjacks.... Lumberjacks are some of the strongest fukkers on the planet that never stepped foot in a gym.. Closed that # 3 like it was a pair of nail clippers.

You city slickers wouldn't understand that kind of strength.

Sounds like Cleave Dean needs to up his game.... Plenty of videos of smaller people closing # 3 COC

Here's one closing a #4.. Doesn't look like a big man to me..

Just because you or Cleave can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Maybe gandog can help you girls out

A lot of my buddies are Lumberjacks.... Lumberjacks are some of the strongest fukkers on the planet that never stepped foot in a gym.. Closed that # 3 like it was a pair of nail clippers.

You city slickers wouldn't understand that kind of strength.

Sounds like Cleave Dean needs to up his game.... Plenty of videos of smaller people closing # 3 COC

Here's one closing a #4.. Doesn't look like a big man to me..

Just because you or Cleave can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Maybe gandog can help you girls out

This is were you don’t seem to know your stuff and why I say you are full of it.

First, Cleave (who’s no longer living) was no city slicker.

Second, there is no relation between being a lumberjack closing a heavy duty gripper like that.

Third, on you saying smaller people have closed a 3, no chit, I guess you totally missed my posts about all my buddies closing a 3. They trained for it and learned the technique. If they hadn’t of learned the technique, most if not all of them would still be struggling to close it.

Magus was a lumberjack and closed a 4 but he also lifted weights his whole life AND he used a “set” to close that 4.

There have been a few NFL guys whom closed a 3 first time ever touching, but they all lifted and did grip training for training. I only know this because a former NFL coach told us how they closed and didn’t care about being in the magazine, he could have been BS too.

YOU ARE 100percent FULL of CRAP!!!!!!

Too Funny!!

Are you upset bro? You sound very upset.

It must be a blow to your ego when you work so long to accomplish something then you hear about someone who doesn’t train and closes them with ease.

Just brush it off. It’s been months since I mentioned this, you said nothing about it then. It sounds like you have been brewing over this for a long time. Sad.

You shouldn’t let other people's feats of strength bruise your ego. If it’s any consolation this guy was a lot bigger and stronger than you and his many years of hard work created exceptional functional strength. Don’t let your bruised ego hinder your goals, You just need to work harder, keep striving.

You got this…

Here’s a little trivia to cheer you up in hopes of you picking up that lip before you trip over it..

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3kg. The length of a penis is 3x the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink 2x as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand. Most of you have read this entire paragraph. LWW is still looking at his thumb

Too Funny!!

Are you upset bro? You sound very upset.

It must be a blow to your ego when you work so long to accomplish something then you hear about someone who doesn’t train and closes them with ease.

Just brush it off. It’s been months since I mentioned this, you said nothing about it then. It sounds like you have been brewing over this for a long time. Sad.

You shouldn’t let other people's feats of strength bruise your ego. If it’s any consolation this guy was a lot bigger and stronger than you and his many years of hard work created exceptional functional strength. Don’t let your bruised ego hinder your goals, You just need to work harder, keep striving.

You got this…

Here’s a little trivia to cheer you up in hopes of you picking up that lip before you trip over it..

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3kg. The length of a penis is 3x the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink 2x as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand. Most of you have read this entire paragraph. LWW is still looking at his thumb

Speak for yourself, you seem upset about Gandog's claim. I personally would love to see someone strong who's never touched a gripper to close a #3, there's no butt hurt here. I've seen people off the street lift the inch (I can't lift the inch).

I personally think you wanted to brag and toot your horn when someone mentioned the grippers, you are "that guy".

IF your lumberjack buddy did do that, than he was secretly closing grippers and BS'ed you saying he didn't, which is most likely the case if you are not lying.

A lumberjack could press 330 overhead and lift an inch with no training because that type of work, eg lifting logs relates to that type of strength. Closing the #2 first time ever holding one for a strong laborer is very acceptable and very believable, NOT a #3 (a 2 is rated around 200# of pressure). A 3 is 280 on top of that, if your not setting the gripper, it'll be a struggle to close it, hand would shake somewhat, it wouldn't be as easy as closing a nail clipper. Anyone who's never touched one won't know how to set it, unless someone knowledgeable knows how and shows them first. The 3 is just a different animal than anything else. Strossen used to take that thing to all the events and smirk because all these big strong fellas who never tried one before couldn't close "his gripper". Strossen is a bit a nerdy guy, but he's also got some decent strength himself. It involves technique at the 3 level unless you've trained closing them before and used things like grip machines and attempted a 4.

What type of saw does your buddy use, a big handsaw like 20' long or a power-saw? What does a lumberjack close with their hands that takes 200# of pressure? I'll wait...............

If he used a handsaw (all the time), I might be closer to believe you...........
    Last edited by LWW; 03-10-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Home from the gym finally (6PM here), 2-3 days off rinse, repeat, it works for me and I enjoy it (except doing back exercises kills my arms for a number of days).

Beer o'clock, each to their own!

LMAO you are so butthurt over someone else’s accomplishment. #sad.

You are typing volumes trying to disprove something that has no impact on you. Too Funny.

Now here’s the kicker, if you didn’t believe it why didn’t you mention it at the time? (that's a rhetorical question, no need to answer just go bury your head in the sand)

Let me post my entry that you are referring to and your response. (just so people can see for themselves how much of an idiot you are and there is no ambiguity or story twisting like you love to do)

Below is my post that you are referencing and kicking up a stink over.

Below is your reply to my post…

Note how you even supported him closing them and accredited it to his size. Funny Dat.

Fast Forward 3 plus months and you are trying to start an argument that he didn’t. Ha Ha,

You are too funny and so full of sh!t.

Always wanting to argue even if it’s something that you previously supported.

You sure were so curious about his ass though.. Ewww

The proof is all there, for everyone to see and as usually you end up

With egg on your face that you put there.

Here’s a meal of crow to go with them eggs

I have never eaten crow but I would imagine it probably tastes better warm, so don’t let it wait 3 plus months like you did in this post

As always. I will not argue this with you. It’s no skin off my ass either way.

Thanks for the laughs you butt hurt little bass turd.. Have an awesome day

Maybe a heating pad will help your bruised ego.. Good Luck Little Man!

LMAO you are so butthurt over someone else’s accomplishment. #sad.

You are typing volumes trying to disprove something that has no impact on you. Too Funny.

Now here’s the kicker, if you didn’t believe it why didn’t you mention it at the time? (that's a rhetorical question, no need to answer just go bury your head in the sand)

Let me post my entry that you are referring to and your response. (just so people can see for themselves how much of an idiot you are and there is no ambiguity or story twisting like you love to do)

Below is my post that you are referencing and kicking up a stink over.

Below is your reply to my post…

Note how you even supported him closing them and accredited it to his size. Funny Dat.

Fast Forward 3 plus months and you are trying to start an argument that he didn’t. Ha Ha,

You are too funny and so full of sh!t.

Always wanting to argue even if it’s something that you previously supported.

You sure were so curious about his ass though.. Ewww

The proof is all there, for everyone to see and as usually you end up

With egg on your face that you put there.

Here’s a meal of crow to go with them eggs

I have never eaten crow but I would imagine it probably tastes better warm, so don’t let it wait 3 plus months like you did in this post

As always. I will not argue this with you. It’s no skin off my ass either way.

Thanks for the laughs you butt hurt little bass turd.. Have an awesome day

Maybe a heating pad will help your bruised ego.. Good Luck Little Man!

The reason I brought it up is because you are the one questioning Gandog.

You are “that guy” who came in here and decided something dosent add up with his accomplishments.

So I told you my thoughts on the number 3 close. I had to do research and look back in time on that one. I’ve NEVER heard from a reliable source of someone doing that. I have seen people who never saw an inch before lift it, but when they were handed a 3, they couldn’t close it. There isn’t any real world relation to closing a 3.

Here’s a good way to look at this, both Karl and FLEX didn’t close a 1 right out of the package, both those guys had the strength to do it, it took them a few tries. That’s how these grippers work.

If you are telling the truth, then your buddy is pulling your leg about never doing any type of prep for it. He was closing something already.

I also recall Gandog stating he isn’t deadlifting much over 120kg.

If he was a BSer then with these overhead press numbers he’d be saying he’s a 300kg dead lifter.

The reason I brought it up is because you are the one questioning Gandog.

Last edited by mtpockets; 03-11-2024 at 08:46 AM.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey LWW, where did your pull-ups thread go, or was it something inside another thread?

Since reading you comments that you started work on your pull-ups for first time in years it shamed me to pull my finger out as I'd been doing 3 sets of 5 (full RoM) in the handles on rack at end of each workout but never progressing it or working on it. (Disclosure: The handles are good for neutral not "real" straight bar pull-ups, so I'm actually doing neutrals)

So for a few weeks... I'm not rushing anything.. keeping progression slow and easy for the long-game, no hurry.
    I moved to 4 sets of 5 reps, now I've moved up to 4 sets of 6, but embarrassingly to do good quality RoM ones (not just wobbling chin about the bar) I'm finding that 6th one hard work!

How's your pull-up getting on?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Hey LWW, where did your pull-ups thread go, or was it something inside another thread?

Since reading you comments that you started work on your pull-ups for first time in years it shamed me to pull my finger out as I'd been doing 3 sets of 5 (full RoM) in the handles on rack at end of each workout but never progressing it or working on it. (Disclosure: The handles are good for neutral not "real" straight bar pull-ups, so I'm actually doing neutrals)

So for a few weeks... I'm not rushing anything.. keeping progression slow and easy for the long-game, no hurry.
    I moved to 4 sets of 5 reps, now I've moved up to 4 sets of 6, but embarrassingly to do good quality RoM ones (not just wobbling chin about the bar) I'm finding that 6th one hard work!

How's your pull-up getting on?

Tom, I think that pull-up thread is in the misc.

Pull-ups are one of those ones that take forever, just like pressing.

I haven’t had access to a bar, hopefully this weekend. I’m doing as wide a grip as possible to hit the upper lats.

When it comes to pull-ups if you are struggling I say do them strict until you can’t, then start cheating but be safe, don’t wiggle or knip, do negatives with weight, jump up to the bar then do a negative.

You are still the one who brought it up, not me.

It is also more believable too. I’m sure a lumberjack could do a lateral with 70# bell or even close to a 100#.

You are still the one who brought it up, not me.
    LMAO...You agreed with me..

I also recall Gandog stating he isn’t deadlifting much over 120kg.If he was a BSer then with these overhead press numbers he’d be saying he’s a 300kg dead lifter.
    So you are saying that he achieved the numbers he initially claimed? Have you changed your mind? Because this is what you said earlier about his lifts..

^^^^^^^^^
    So are you recanting this post where you basically said he didn’t do these lifts?

It is also more believable too. I’m sure a lumberjack could do a lateral with 70# bell or even close to a 100#.
    I am sure if they did you would get all butt hurt and be a crybaby like you did over the hand thingie

I don't know why you like to argue so much. You really do suck at it.

You started this sh!tstorm because your little ego was hurt by something that was mentioned casually months ago. It didn't bother you then or you didn't have the balls to address it. Either way you brought it up here with misinformation. I screenshot and posted what actually transpired.

That effort fell flat and you got egg on your face so you deflected to gandogs post critisizng me for calling bullsh!t when you basically did the same # Hypocrite

You're a mess bro, trying to create arguments, going against what you said prior. You lie so much that you can't keep up with yourself and it's all there in the open.

It hurts my IQ every time I engage your childish ass but I won't let you initiate and spread bullsh!t without the truth being put out there.

That is what I have done in this thread. Responded to Bullsh!t you initiated and made sure that your lies didn't taint the facts and I won't hesitate to expose you for what you are the next time either.

Oh yeah, those were all rhetorical questions, just put there to put emphasis on the blunders you made.

LMAO...You agreed with me..

So you are saying that he achieved the numbers he initially claimed? Have you changed your mind? Because this is what you said earlier about his lifts..

^^^^^^^^^
    So are you recanting this post where you basically said he didn’t do these lifts?

I am sure if they did you would get all butt hurt and be a crybaby like you did over the hand thingie

I don't know why you like to argue so much. You really do suck at it.

You started this sh!tstorm because your little ego was hurt by something that was mentioned casually months ago. It didn't bother you then or you didn't have the balls to address it. Either way you brought it up here with misinformation. I screenshot and posted what actually transpired.

That effort fell flat and you got egg on your face so you deflected to gandogs post critisizng me for calling bullsh!t when you basically did the same # Hypocrite

You're a mess bro, trying to create arguments, going against what you said prior. You lie so much that you can't keep up with yourself and it's all there in the open.

It hurts my IQ every time I engage your childish ass but I won't let you initiate and spread bullsh!t without the truth being put out there.

That is what I have done in this thread. Responded to Bullsh!t you initiated and made sure that your lies didn't taint the facts and I won't hesitate to expose you for what you are the next time either.

Oh yeah, those were all rhetorical questions, just put there to put emphasis on the blunders you made.

I really don’t care but you seem to wanted to call out Gandog, you make all kinds of claims and seem to be some authority in lifting but you don’t post any proof. In this day in age it’s so easy to show what you speak.

I stand by my comment, yes I think Gandog is doing partial reps at least and possibly on a machine.

I wasn’t sure about your story at first, I figured maybe big hands but it’s been a while since I even checked out a 3 and what it takes to close it. I been involved in grip for a long time but haven’t kept up with it for like 10years.

Everyone knows a mysterious person who can close a 3 or lift an engine out of a car who has never lifted, uh huh. Any real number 3 closers don’t seem to be telling those tales.