fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fleim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

38 looking for help in the most crucial point in his life

Hi guys, first poster here, ty in advance for reading me.
    I'm 38, with a good physique even if I've trained for years with no goals or drive, so my workouts were based on SL and I never change them. Right now I'm in a pivotal point in life where I'm questioning what I've done and have a lot of doubts. I feel so behind people that you cannot imagine even if my problems are just perceived and not real ones, besides a chronic pain that I'm able to manage it (but I have 8 years of constant pain).

A thing that I can control is what I eat (I'm working on that) and how I train. So I want to get the most out of it, instead of doing my regular thing, do random things.
    Right now my goal is to build a better-looking body, more strength and be more athletic in general since I've started to play padel and I want to compete.
    Below you can find what I'm doing right now in the gym, it's basically and A-B workout, in the cells you find the weight (in kgs).

Any help and comment is much appreciated
    Attached Images

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are doing far too much. That volume is far too high. You should really dial it back and focus on quality not quantity, especially in a full-body program.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have chronic pain but your goal “is to build a better-looking body, more strength and be more athletic in general since [you’ve] started to play padel.”

You said you have a good physique, so forget building a better-looking body. Rather focus on peace of mind by reducing stress. You may find that a genuinely motivated smile will make you more attractive, especially if you already have a good physique.

You said you want to be more athletic in general since you’ve started to play padel and want to compete. Forget general athleticism, for now. You just started playing, so your general athleticism will gradually improve the more you play. Again, focus on your mindset rather than your body and develop the skill you need to compete.

You said you want more strength and have been working out based on SL, as always. Strength of body is a worthy goal, even if you are 38 and losing strength. But, it seems, something has gone wrong with your training and it has prevented you from seeing the full benefit of SL. The program is a means to an end and designed to help you reach your maximum lifts. I want to believe you can lift heavier and get stronger than what I see in your spreadsheet.

Have you reached your maximum lifts? As the previous poster suggested, are your extra exercises and sport preventing you from lifting heavier? Is your chronic pain holding you back? Should addressing your pain become your first goal, if possible?

Only you can answer those last two questions.