RonaldoP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are neck curls worth it?

I do neck curls, neck extensions, and neck side extensions on each side for about 3 sets of 10 reps using a 45 lb plate each.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you achieving a more muscular neck and are you happy with your progression? The only person who knows whether doing then is worth it is you.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RonaldoP View Post
    I do neck curls, neck extensions, and neck side extensions on each side for about 3 sets of 10 reps using a 45 lb plate each.
    Worth it for what? If you're in competitions yes. If it's for you or attracting a mate, they really aren't one of the main things I tend to focus on.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The neck is actually one of the speedier developers, you may soon find it grew too much for what your original goal was. I used to do them for a brief time, but I started to feel like it was getting bigger than I wanted in proportion to the rest of my frame, so I stopped them. Neck isn't really a high priority muscle to me.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes, neck curls can be beneficial for strengthening neck muscles. However, it's important to ensure proper form and not overload the weight to prevent injury.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A huge neck looks dumb to me. I will know someone specifically worked it.
    But if you have a pencil neck, maybe build it so someone can't snap it.

Over inflating any one muscle should attract women like wearing a bad toupe.