EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool Your best recovery hacks

I'm exercising 6 times a week, 2 days strength-training, 1 day climbing, 3 days parkour/ running. This amounts to quite some tiredness overall that I want to get rid of.

For such a regimen, what quirky recovery hacks do you have? I'm asking for some stuff I probably didn't consider yet. Here's my recovery pipeline so far:
    - get enough sleep (7h+, more is not possible unfortunately with my busy schedule).
    - protein/creating post workout
    - vitamins in the morning, minerals in the evening
    - drink 2+ liters a day
    - If I feel healthy enough I'll also do cold/warm showers

What tricks helped you above the ones mentioned? I'm curious

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EggsForTheWin View Post
    I'm exercising 6 times a week, 2 days strength-training, 1 day climbing, 3 days parkour/ running. This amounts to quite some tiredness overall that I want to get rid of.

For such a regimen, what quirky recovery hacks do you have? I'm asking for some stuff I probably didn't consider yet. Here's my recovery pipeline so far:
    - get enough sleep (7h+, more is not possible unfortunately with my busy schedule).
    - protein/creating post workout
    - vitamins in the morning, minerals in the evening
    - drink 2+ liters a day
    - If I feel healthy enough I'll also do cold/warm showers

What tricks helped you above the ones mentioned? I'm curious
    Time, getting used to it will be the biggest changer if you can actually keep it up (that will take about 6 months+). Secondly your body can only absorb so much protein each hour no matter how much you eat. You need to split up your eating. E.g I actually only have a large dinner each day unless very hungry, snack on slices of ham, and 3 protein shakes each day spread out, drink enough beer for the carbs so stick to high protein diet in general. Another example of this is some pro's actually would wake up at 2 in the morning to eat a can of tuna or something, I think it's stupid because sleep is also important, but guess they can sleep better than myself.

Eating, sleeping, and training are key to growing, and building endurance..

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Recovery hacks? Outside of the normal stuff (proper diet and sleep, etc.)

My "hacks" would be if I'm bulking... slam a bagel or toast and milk post-workout. For whatever reason, the simple carbs and protein really help recovery and soreness way more than just a protein shake.

Fish-oil, turmeric, collagen supplements... all cheap anti-inflammatories that seem to aid recovery of joints.

If I'm cutting, I notice I need to self-care more often... face masks, hair oil, etc. This is a mental thing of course, but if I look rundown or tired, I feel more rundown and tired. Therefore, I need to be extra vigilant in making sure I look a certain way to trick myself into feeling that way.

Also, lots of soup which sounds weird. Ramen, miso, tomato, chicken soup.... all seems to help get some electrolytes back and keep hydration up.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1roundedscoop has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post

If I'm cutting, I notice I need to self-care more often... face masks, hair oil, etc. This is a mental thing of course, but if I look rundown or tired, I feel more rundown and tired. Therefore, I need to be extra vigilant in making sure I look a certain way to trick myself into feeling that way.

Also, lots of soup which sounds weird. Ramen, miso, tomato, chicken soup.... all seems to help get some electrolytes back and keep hydration up.
    I second this. Self care is very important - helps relax and get that recovery going when you melt away the stress. But I never considered how looking run down in the mirror equates to feeling run down. That's a great point.

I also can't stress soups like ramen etc enough. I always feel better after some lol
    Sometimes I post videos of my lifts on TikTok @1roundedscoop

patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hypervolt is a great tool for keeping your knots under control without having to get massages everyday. They pay for themselves pretty fast.

EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EggsForTheWin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the answers. Nope, not gonna wake up at 2am that's for sure. But I also noticed the thing with the soup. Making some chanko nabe every once in a while maybe I should do more often. I also have that hypervolt lying around, could potentially use it more. The problem is though that the areas where I feel stiff are usually upper back. Thats probably the only parto of my body that I can't reach lol.

StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sleep is the single most important thing you can do for recovery and for combatting the overall tiredness that you want to get rid of.

You said it was unfortunate that you cannot get more than 7 hours sleep, but that you still feel that 7 hours is enough.

Yet you still want to get rid of overall tiredness.

Tiredness is a warning sign, the same as any other pain you might experience. Though sudden debilitating effects may not hurt you as a result of constantly being over-tired, it should be addressed as a priority before it gets to that point. This will help you to develop good habits that will serve you a long time.

Your situation seems borderline, at least for now. Consider taking short midday naps to boost your recovery.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see where your tiredness come from.

Performing athletes train 2-3, sometimes 4 times a day. A day. Daily. Would be like cardio in the morning, climbing in mid-afternoon and strength training either appended to the end of it, or a separate workout. For 6 days a week. With intensive courses couple times a year. Intensive is normally 8 hours/day.

Even if you post hours for each session would not mean much, since it is all about honesty of your effort and level of exhaustion with each session.