resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Thickening midsection

In the last few months I have put myself to some serious bulking for the first time in my life.
    I have been super careful about gaining fat on top of lean mass, and although this made my bulking feel like watching paint dry, it worked.

However, something else happened: my midsection thickened considerably.
    I can still see my six pack, but I got chunky: for my entire life seen from the side my midsection was thinner than my chest, especially after I started working out and my chest got way bigger.

Now they are aligned, like I have a ton of visceral fat or something - could it be that?
    There is almost no fat I can "pinch" from the outside, that's what makes me think of visceral stuff.

I will try to put together some before and after pictures, but for reference - I am 47 years old, and I bulked from 67kg to 76kg in about 6 months.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It could be just thickening of the abdominal wall and overall muscle mass. Hitting a lot of compound movements and weighted oblique work sometimes leads to a thickening of the core (all the bracing and what not). You could try doing stomach vaccuums to train your body to stop simply pushing your gut out. This worked well for some. Additionally, you may want to lighten up the load and stop doing exercises that require a big belly push out (like powerlifers pushing out all sides in a belt) but rather movements that focus on strong bracing or change how your brace.

Vince Girona and Frank Zane have talked about this in past articles.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's called roid gut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a simple fix.

You need more heavy shoulder and upper back work.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's called roid gut.

Palumboism

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    This is a simple fix.

You need more heavy shoulder and upper back work.
    LMAO
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here. I started developing it about four years ago, or about five years after I started lifting seriously. Sometimes I wonder if I've somehow stretched out my abdominal muscles the way women do with pregnancy.

patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by resle View Post
    In the last few months I have put myself to some serious bulking for the first time in my life.
    I have been super careful about gaining fat on top of lean mass, and although this made my bulking feel like watching paint dry, it worked.

However, something else happened: my midsection thickened considerably.
    I can still see my six pack, but I got chunky: for my entire life seen from the side my midsection was thinner than my chest, especially after I started working out and my chest got way bigger.

Now they are aligned, like I have a ton of visceral fat or something - could it be that?
    There is almost no fat I can "pinch" from the outside, that's what makes me think of visceral stuff.

I will try to put together some before and after pictures, but for reference - I am 47 years old, and I bulked from 67kg to 76kg in about 6 months.
    What type of supplements do you use? I lot of gainer supplements tend to make the stomach appear puffy or fuller.

TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50) TimKridel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by patrenna View Post
    What type of supplements do you use? I lot of gainer supplements tend to make the stomach appear puffy or fuller.
    What types? Whey protein? I'd like to learn more about which ones and why. Thanks.

resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10) resle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I doubt palumboism or "roid gut" can be developed in the absence of steroid usage.
    However, being 47 I am on TRT (Sus 500 / 1mg per week)

Other than that, the usual: couple scoops of whey per day.
    I don't even use creatine because it makes me queasy.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I doubt palumboism or "roid gut" can be developed in the absence of steroid usage.
    I wasn’t calling you out on whatever you are on whether it was TRT, steroids or HGH. I was just answering your question. Believe what you want I guess, but all of them have potential side effects.

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL, as though 47 was a significant milestone that people should expect to be on TRT. What a world we live in now.

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    LOL, as though 47 was a significant milestone that people should expect to be on TRT. What a world we live in now.
    Sorry, I understand that the nuances of such sophisticated grammar might make your comprehension wobble,
    so I will rephrase in layman's terms:

"I am 47 years old. My testosterone levels dropped significantly, as it happens to some of the people in my age group. As such, to deal with the consequences of this drop,
    I have been prescribed Testosterone Replacement Therapy"

Hope this dispels your idea that there was any implication of "milestones",
    and it restores your faith in the world we live in and humankind as whole.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Other than that, the usual: couple scoops of whey per day.
    I don't even use creatine because it makes me queasy.

Well, if that avatar is your current up to date pic, it’s obvious, please see my prior post.

You are lacking upper body density thickness etc.

This how you are built, nothing you can do but bring up your shoulders and upper back and chest to get the V shape.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Well, if that avatar is your current up to date pic, it’s obvious, please see my prior post.

You are lacking upper body density thickness etc.
    This how you are built, nothing you can do but bring up your shoulders and upper back and chest to get the V shape.
    not really, that dates back to 2018. I have a decent V shape now, and much, much bigger chest. I should update that picture indeed.