blacklamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros For 17% Body Fat

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to figure out what type of macro percentage is the best.
    I've only been going to the gym for over a month now and this is all new to me.
    I stand at 85kg, 186cm, 41cm neck and 91cm waist. It seems I'm at 17.4% body fat.

It seems it's too high to bulk, yet to low to cut.
    Maybe a lean bulk would be best? 40-30-30?
    Or a cut with low carbohydrates and more fats and proteins?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    0.8g of protein & 0.4g of fat per pound of bodyweight minimum, then fill the rest of your calories with whatever. macro percentages are super outdated and they overcomplicate things for no reason

assuming you're actually 17% bf with those stats, it's definitely not too low to cut. and always lean bulk if you prioritize aesthetics over strength/size imo...
    Last edited by faithbrah; 02-29-2024 at 04:26 PM.

NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000) NinGood is a complete loser! (-2000)
    With your current stats, it sounds like you're in between wanting to bulk up and needing to cut down. Trying out a lean bulk with a balance of carbs, proteins, and fats, like a 40-30-30 split, could be a good way to start. This way, you can aim to gain muscle without adding too much fat. Or, you might consider cutting back a bit on carbs and focusing more on proteins and fats to help trim down the fat percentage. It's all about seeing how your body reacts and adjusting from there. Don't be afraid to tweak things as you go!