alejandrorodh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post What supplements should I take?

I've been exercising intermittently for a few years, I've never been on a proper diet and had never take any supplements of any kind. Recently I decided to go back to the gym (3 weeks) and started to meal prep my food, I also I'm doing intermittent fast (8-16), I've never felt better.

I'm 22 years old and weight around a 160 pounds I go to the gym 6 times a week (push, pull, legs twice a week)

Right now I'm on a calorie deficit, 1900 calories a day divided in 2 meals; my daily protein intake is around 175g (mainly chicken breast).

My long term objective is becoming more muscular, so maybe it's counterintuitive to lose weight if I'm planning on bulking down the line. The thing is that I don't really like how I see myself, I need to loose this extra fat, regain some confidence and then start bulking in controlled way.

That being said, I don't know a thing about supplements, there are some that praise them and some that say that they are not worth it. I think I don't need a protein supplement since I'm already getting over a gram per pound from my diet, but I could be wrong. But when we talk about supplements like creatine, bcaa's, fish oil, multivitamins, etc... I really don't know if they are necessary, what would they do for me, when and how much should I take, etc.

I hope you can explain to me what should I really take.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Last edited by alejandrorodh; 02-13-2024 at 08:23 PM.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    HMB is likely one of the most proven

Ashwaganda if you are stressed out a lot

Creatine if you want to quickly inflate your muscles with some water

The rest look suspect