Thread: Karl #3 Attempt

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Karl #3 Attempt

I gave the 3 a go for the first time today, it was pathetic.

I closed the 2 and held it for a few seconds before my attempt, which I think wore me out.

I was well above 1/4” to go.

I think I did finally close the 2 with my left, I just can’t see it, but I think I got it.

So, next time I attempt a 3 I’m not even going to close the 2 first, just the 1 for a warmup. Let’s see how that goes.

I haven’t tried the HG250 for awhile, I’m gonna do some attempts with the 3 and then see if I can close the HG250 after that.

It’ll take a month, at least.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, the #3 is a huge jump. Larry Wheels is a beast who trains a ton of grip stuff and even he struggles with the #3. I've seen him close it, but he says he only manages it on very good days

I haven't progressed much in the last couple of weeks. I can consistently close the #2 with my right, but have only managed to do it once with my left. The last 3 weeks or do I've come close, but haven't been able to do it again. Not sure why.

If you can do the HG250, you are probably pretty close to a #2.5.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Well, the #3 is a huge jump. Larry Wheels is a beast who trains a ton of grip stuff and even he struggles with the #3.

My old training partner and most of his buddies and close 3s on any day. These aren’t meat heads like Wheels.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    please tell me this is about number of women at 1 time?
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don't like Larry Wheels? I like the guy because he tries so many different things -- powerlifting, bodybuilding, arm-wrestling, and he does a lot of grip work. I've enjoyed watching some of his videos where he brings grippers and dynamometer to various gyms to see what they can do.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    please tell me this is about number of women at 1 time?
    Given that this involves grip, I thought you were going to go a different direction

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    You don't like Larry Wheels? I like the guy because he tries so many different things -- powerlifting, bodybuilding, arm-wrestling, and he does a lot of grip work. I've enjoyed watching some of his videos where he brings grippers and dynamometer to various gyms to see what they can do.

I wasn’t implying I never liked him. It was just a comparison that big muscle men are no indication when it comes to these grippers.

I made many many attempts on the 3 in my mid 20s when I was competing in both strongman and grip, but I never set the gripper back then. We were AM strongmen and grip people and not even close to a level of Larry, yet some of these guys could close a 3 on any day. A few of them only weighed 170 pounds. I saw one 170lber close a 3 in each hand, at the same time.

Of course some of these guys had big hands too.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    I wasn’t implying I never liked him. It was just a comparison that big muscle men are no indication when it comes to these grippers.

I made many many attempts on the 3 in my mid 20s when I was competing in both strongman and grip, but I never set the gripper back then. We were AM strongmen and grip people and not even close to a level of Larry, yet some of these guys could close a 3 on any day. A few of them only weighed 170 pounds. I saw one 170lber close a 3 in each hand, at the same time.

Of course some of these guys had big hands too.
    Yeah, that is one thing I have noticed with grippers. I would guess that there is a moderate genetic component to it, because you'll see big strong guys struggle with the grippers -- and a smaller guys who can't squat or bench their way out of a wet paper bag absolutely destroy the grippers.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Larry Wheels is fun to watch. For me, it's because he takes risks. I do not believe he will get to 55 before having a heart attack in the gym, though.

Even though he is heavily medicated, he is one of the strongest guys out there and he has no fear.

I hope he lives long enough to enjoy some things
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Larry Wheels is fun to watch. For me, it's because he takes risks. I do not believe he will get to 55 before having a heart attack in the gym, though.

Even though he is heavily medicated, he is one of the strongest guys out there and he has no fear.

I hope he lives long enough to enjoy some things
    Yeah, he landed himself in the hospital recently with a case of rhabdomyolysis. He took a break from "supplements" for awhile, but it looks like he is back on now. I too hope his health holds up.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just noticed this new vid of a big swede there - think he beats Larry or the strongest so far on that channel by 30 something percent. Haven't seen it all yet - just noticed in the comments.