Registered User Bobbinforapples's Avatar
    Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobbinforapples will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Surviving Cancer...Need Motivation to get back to a healthy lifestyle

I stopped going to the gym when covid hit. I ended up with covid in December of 2020 and could NOT get rid of a bad cough. Well, that was because there was a large tumor in my chest caused by Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I received treatment from July/2021 through December/2021. I am now considered in remission. I was extremely exhausted for six months after finishing chemo, so that would be June/2022. Before the cancer was discovered, I had already gained weight and had almost no motivation to work out anymore. The cancer eventually caused me to lose weight, but once I started the steroids through treatment, I gained quite a bit of weight. (The steroid hunger is a real thing!). I'm currently embarrassed to even see myself in photos.
    Anyway, I really need to get back into working out consistently, and eating healthier.
    I'm nervous to even enter the gym again because I am back to being in horrible shape. I'm embarrassed. I feel like I don't even know where to start again. (I have about 40 lbs I need to shed.)
    Anyone else here had treatment for cancer and able to get back into a healthy lifestyle? I would like to live long enough to see my grandkids grow up. I also am going to need to eventually be a caretaker for my dad who recently had a stroke. I guess I'm looking for success stories from cancer survivors, and some motivation for me.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bobbinforapples View Post
    I stopped going to the gym when covid hit. I ended up with covid in December of 2020 and could NOT get rid of a bad cough. Well, that was because there was a large tumor in my chest caused by Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I received treatment from July/2021 through December/2021. I am now considered in remission. I was extremely exhausted for six months after finishing chemo, so that would be June/2022. Before the cancer was discovered, I had already gained weight and had almost no motivation to work out anymore. The cancer eventually caused me to lose weight, but once I started the steroids through treatment, I gained quite a bit of weight. (The steroid hunger is a real thing!). I'm currently embarrassed to even see myself in photos.
    Anyway, I really need to get back into working out consistently, and eating healthier.
    I'm nervous to even enter the gym again because I am back to being in horrible shape. I'm embarrassed. I feel like I don't even know where to start again. (I have about 40 lbs I need to shed.)
    Anyone else here had treatment for cancer and able to get back into a healthy lifestyle? I would like to live long enough to see my grandkids grow up. I also am going to need to eventually be a caretaker for my dad who recently had a stroke. I guess I'm looking for success stories from cancer survivors, and some motivation for me.
    Forget your look and realize that you lived! Many do not and never hit the remission phase at all. Think not about looking pretty in the mirror, think about getting your strength and fitness back. Get your functional strength back and wear sweats.

Your dad now needs you so get your head right and act.
    Fist pump.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100) Kawenka is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Bobbinforapples View Post

We love youuuuuu <3