Registered User StevenLovesHIIT's Avatar
    StevenLovesHIIT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trying to get in better physical and mental health, using Thenx style training

Hi guys, i'd made a log here before, I can no longer access the account. Had to make a new one. First of all, last time I was here a year or so ago I was still going through it mentally, still am but i've improved a lot I think. I am realizing now that exercising is not a do whatever you want and expect to look like Zyzz, jeff Seid or any of the other fitness influencers.

I've had a lot of time to experiment with limited tools and finally just said okay. Thenx style training works for me. The benifits of HIIT for me are really really good. Positive mindset, lowered appetite and calories burned as same it'd be with running (if I could but can't, suburbs and too overweight) guess quarantine never ended for me eh.

I'm seeing a lot of corelation lately between mental and physical health and really want to take things into my own hands now to really try and improve my health.

Age: 30 Height: 6'2 Sex: Male Overall health: Pretty poor
    Highest weight: 320 pounds (November 2022)
    Starting weight: 281.6 pounds (December 17th 2023)
    Current weight: 279.1 pounds (December 28th 2023)
    Goal weight: 220 pounds
    Training style: Following Thenx HIIT style cardio and weight training

The first week and a half into this I kinda pushed myself too hard with the cardio, it did results in some sleep deprived nights, building on that and knowing the improtance of consistency with this type of training I want to continue doing the cardio 2-3 times a week to start but tune down the volume a lot for a bit while I try and condition myself better.

May be another flop thread. Hopefully not, really trying to use head and heart for this one.
    Last edited by StevenLovesHIIT; 12-28-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Drank a mountain dew (lol) then weighed myself. 279.1

Did a quick workout, got 20 jump rope in, 4 knee to chest pushups, 8 wide stance squats and 12 calf raises.
    Been 5 days of workouts straight, so gonna take a rest day tomorrow. Monitoring blood pressure as well, just having came off Lisinopril it's pretty high still. Gonna keep monitoring as I shed more pounds down the road.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by StevenLovesHIIT View Post
    Drank a mountain dew (lol) then weighed myself. 279.1

Did a quick workout, got 20 jump rope in, 4 knee to chest pushups, 8 wide stance squats and 12 calf raises.
    You didn't burn off the calories in that Mountain Dew with your workout.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You didn't burn off the calories in that Mountain Dew with your workout.
    Open to critiques, you saying the workout wasn't intense enough or?
    I've been doing cardio 3 times a week, trying to lower my volume intentionally right now before I up it again later.
    Last edited by StevenLovesHIIT; 12-29-2023 at 05:44 AM.

ambeshm88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing Fat

Losing Fat: Unveiling the Path to a Healthier You

Embarking on a journey to shed excess fat is not just about aesthetics; it's a commitment to overall well-being. Here's a concise guide to help you navigate the realm of fat loss:

Nutrition: Prioritize a balanced diet rich in whole foods and lean proteins.

Exercise: Combine cardiovascular activities with strength training for optimal results.

Hydration: Stay adequately hydrated to support metabolism and curb unnecessary snacking.

Sleep: Ensure sufficient, quality sleep to regulate hormones affecting appetite and metabolism.

Mindful Eating: Cultivate awareness around eating habits to avoid emotional or mindless eating.

Portion Control: Practice moderation to manage calorie intake without feeling deprived.

Consistency: Establish sustainable habits rather than opting for quick fixes.

Stress Management: Chronic stress can hinder fat loss; incorporate relaxation techniques.

Support System: Surround yourself with a positive environment to stay motivated.

Professional Guidance: Consult with healthcare professionals or fitness experts for personalized advice.

Embarking on a holistic approach, combining these elements, can pave the way for lasting fat loss and improved overall health.

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to hear you got your mental health back on par. Everything in life Branches out from there.

Just workout hard bro. I'll say this if you see someone walk into the gym with a dry shirt and they leave with a dry shirt. They did not get a workout In.

Push yourself, build up your endurance, don't go in the gym worrying about what others are doing, saying or thinking. Go in to kick your own azz and think of nothing but that.

Don't know what to tell you about the mountain dew. Might as well be drinking water with a cup of sugar but some people love it.
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"