DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Help! I need to get back on track with healthy eating during the holidays!

Two days of Christmas cookies at work--yikes!!! Then they don't have any healthy food in the little cafe in our building. I brought healthy snacks earlier in the week.

I need to get back on track. It's hard for me to eat breakfast as I have no appetite in the morning, but eggs always keep me full and level my blood sugar.

At least there's no work today so I have time to make my eggs and fruit, plus more protein and veggies for lunch and dinner.

But then I have a white elephant Christmas party . My OA sponsor said to just focus on the fun of the presents and not the food.
    Last edited by DustinTheHuss; 12-22-2023 at 07:38 AM.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cookies don’t t just jump off the table into your mouth. You need to decide if you wanna be sexy or happy
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Cookies don’t t just jump off the table into your mouth. You need to decide if you wanna be sexy or happy
    I get a huge dopamine high from the cookies so I feel great but then an hour later I feel like crap. It's like alcohol or any drug to me.

I bet my friends will want to go out drinking afterwards and there will be alcohol at the party, and alcohol always makes me overeat because IDGAF at that point.

I think I'll just tell them I'm too busy.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    Help! I need to get back on track with healthy eating during the holidays!

If it tastes good, spit it out.

If it doesn't taste good, it's probably healthy.

Follow me for more nutritional advice

Merry Christmas Dusty and to all who visit this thread.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

Follow me for more nutritional advice

Merry Christmas Dusty and to all who visit this thread.
    Chew and spit is interestingly called and eating disorder

I was on an eating disorder forum and I saw posters who talked about that.

Anyhow I'm eating my eggs now! Merry Christmas pockets!

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

So you are saying foturkey is healthy.

Dusty, this is the time to utilize those junk calories. The biggest bodybuilders do get thier overall size from junk but you must learn how to utilize those calories.

Eat a cookie, hit those stairs (don’t take no elevators) bring weights in a book bag to make them stairs harder.

Believe it or not, those junk calories provide lots of energy. Use them to get swole!
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    It was a joke FFS

Joke

I sure hope you put a "sense of humor" on that Christmas list.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Dusty, this is the time to utilize those junk calories. The biggest bodybuilders do get thier overall size from junk but you must learn how to utilize those calories.

Eat a cookie, hit those stairs (don’t take no elevators) bring weights in a book bag to make them stairs harder.

Believe it or not, those junk calories provide lots of energy. Use them to get swole!
    I've been walking the stairs at work now instead of the elevator since I'm recovering from pneumonia and a bad case of Covid. I've literally just exercised for 3 weeks in October and haven't been consistent since before August. My whole team at work got sick this fall. So much for return to the office.

I started with bands this week and walking. Boy I was sore after one set, wow lol.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its too hard around this time of the year to cut back for me as well, so I dont bother, but make up for it later.

My system (suits my goals anyway)

October 1 -end of January ...eat what ever I want...lift as heavy and hard/often as I can, sporadic light cardio...very fluffy at the moment but adding weight (and reps) to the bar consistently, make it count .
    End of January - End of May. gradually increasing calorie restriction in effect.. ending up with I-fasting etc, also bring on the C2 rowing.
    June-Sept, maintenance (eating and weights). continue with the rowing up to 15 to 20K metres per week. (last year did 600,000m+ by end of September..not for faint of heart)

works for me.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Two days of Christmas cookies at work--yikes!!!
    I bet my friends will want to go out drinking afterwards and there will be alcohol at the party, and alcohol always makes me overeat because IDGAF at that point.
    Eat one cookie, have one drink. It's not eating "unhealthy" food that creates a problem, its just how much of it you eat.

If you develop the habit of eating "unhealthy" food in moderation on a regular basis, you don't have to continually get back on track.

Happy holidays!

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Eat one cookie, have one drink. It's not eating "unhealthy" food that creates a problem, its just how much of it you eat.

If you develop the habit of eating "unhealthy" food in moderation on a regular basis, you don't have to continually get back on track.

Happy holidays!
    Happy Holidays!

It's going much better today. I had eggs, fruit and a protein shake before my party.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

The party went well. I ate 1 cookie and 1/2 glass of wine and no extra binging!!!

Maybe I needed the extra carbs for 2 days after being on a low carb diet. Who knows.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So much concern about cookies, I don't understand, they are what, 50 calories each? Nothing to talk about.

What I was doing in the past, successfully, is timing my refeed pattern with family functions. It is large extended family, you can imagine, talking, drinking and eating goes on for hours. That is all they do when they get together.

Timing takes some planning ahead, but works amazingly well. I can behave normally and benefit from extra calories.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Its too hard around this time of the year to cut back for me as well, so I dont bother, but make up for it later.

My system (suits my goals anyway)

October 1 -end of January ...eat what ever I want...lift as heavy and hard/often as I can, sporadic light cardio...very fluffy at the moment but adding weight (and reps) to the bar consistently, make it count .
    End of January - End of May. gradually increasing calorie restriction in effect.. ending up with I-fasting etc, also bring on the C2 rowing.
    June-Sept, maintenance (eating and weights). continue with the rowing up to 15 to 20K metres per week. (last year did 600,000m+ by end of September..not for faint of heart)

works for me.
    This sounds like a very healthy way to approach the year!

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    So much concern about cookies, I don't understand, they are what, 50 calories each? Nothing to talk about.

What I was doing in the past, successfully, is timing my refeed pattern with family functions. It is large extended family, you can imagine, talking, drinking and eating goes on for hours. That is all they do when they get together.

Timing takes some planning ahead, but works amazingly well. I can behave normally and benefit from extra calories.
    Yeah I felt like those 2 days were refeed days as they didn't impact the scale at all. I just had that "out of control" feeling which is anxiety-provoking.

Due to Oz** and ph** I don't have much of an appetite during the day so it's more difficult to get the protein in. I tend to eat healthier during the day and then not as healthy when it's dark for some reason. I'm just more tired.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew