Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The Homeless Crisis

Was working in the shop last night and had youtube on the big screen, it was on auto play and random videos came up that went down the homeless rabbit hole and I listened to them while working.

It’s crazy some of the things that are going on in some areas, it’s like something you would see in a 3rd world country and it’s getting worse every day.

Is there any coming back from this?

It’s too easy to turn a blind eye or stereotype it with mental illness and drug addiction but that isn’t always the case.

There are some hard working people out there with children living in tents or cars struggling every day and just can’t make enough to afford rent. Some of the videos I watched were just heart wrenching.

We don’t have those issues in our area yet, but maybe someday.

I have been an advocate for helping the less fortunate for decades and to see so much of it increasing is hard to come to terms with.

I heard something in one of the videos that one person said, it went something like soon there will be 2 types of people, ones that are well off and those that are fukked.

It’s approaching that now imo.

There are many causes and types of folks that are homeless and less fortunate and they all have one thing in common, they are all people just like you or I trying to survive.

I’ll throw a couple of videos up here, I don’t expect anyone to watch them, they are long but on the off chance anyone wants to watch, here they are…

Here’s some videos of folks helping out the less fortunate.

Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in on this issue?
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is what happens when the lifestyle of sodom and gomorrah are promoted as normal and healthy.

What did you think was going to happen when we removed Faith,Hope and Love from schools?
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    This is what happens when the lifestyle of sodom and gomorrah are promoted as normal and healthy.

What did you think was going to happen when we removed Faith,Hope and Love from schools?

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

Gosh, you are one hypocritical turd. You like to point at others as acting like a 5 year old, and here you are with this.

And your hiding like a beetch far far away too.......................
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There are some hard working people out there with children living in tents or cars struggling every day and just can’t make enough to afford rent.

There are many causes and types of folks that are homeless and less fortunate and they all have one thing in common, they are all people just like you or I trying to survive.

Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in on this issue?
    I did some couch surfing back in the day and as recently as a few years ago had a dude on my couch who needed a place to crash for a bit.

I was working with a huge data set today, I still work. It was overwhelming at first, I was thinking how do I accurately "paint a picture" as my boss likes to say. As a statistician I can't fudge numbers but can certainly throw away outliers.

Where I live, most of the homeless are that way by choice. There's a lot of these outliers in homeless stats. Not paying taxes, utility bills, copays, vehicle registration, inspection, vaccinations and the list goes on and on. That sounds pretty good to me.

You might call them homeless but a lot of them are just fed up and off grid.
    Last edited by Bando; 12-07-2023 at 08:59 PM.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Where I live, most of the homeless are that way by choice. There's a lot of these outliers in homeless stats. Not paying taxes, utility bills, copays, vehicle registration, inspection, vaccinations and the list goes on and on. That sounds pretty good to me.
    Grab a tent, go get you some

Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Good day Bozo, don't be spreading rumors now. Tell it like it is, Out of everyone on this forum, there is only 1 person that I said acts like a 5 year old and that is you, there is good reason and documented proof of that

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no fear, no imminent death from any particular choice of lifestyle. We need to bring it back. Remove social security. Let the weak ones die off naturally. Revitalize the nation. This is what would make America great again.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Good day Bozo, don't be spreading rumors now. Tell it like it is, Out of everyone on this forum, there is only 1 person that I said acts like a 5 year old and that is you, there is good reason and documented proof of that

You paint yourself as the forum classroom teacher, but you always tend to throw in your raunchy chauvinism and act like your chit don’t stink. Anyone else who does the same you act like your the forum white knight except you just do it like a 5 year old and post a MEME.

I don’t use MEMEs.

As for name calling, you do plenty of that, and I’ve seen you get real pissy in debates, Elrond was a good one where you lost your chit over.

Do you have anything constructive to add? Or are you going to be your typical 5 year old self, make up lies and try and find chimpanzee sh!t to fling?

This video is of Venice beach, whenever I was in LA I always checked out Muscle beach did a workout and rode the bike path, they had a great bike path there (awesome eye candy too). It never looked like it does today.

Do you have anything constructive to add? ]

Someone you don’t like already posted that, and because the word faith was used you acted like your typical “my chit don’t stink, self righteous”.

Besides, I’ve fricking told you all this stuff before, and you’ve always just posted a MEME in response but now here you are again starting thread of your ignorance of what’s really going on and are looking for your “I’m teacher, your the class” moment.

Totally wrong on all accounts... (nothing new to see here)

Do you ever take a day off? Such a miserable little kunt 24/7 going around like the Grinch with a bad case of the piles who just sat on a cactus.

Young girl, pregnant and on the streets

This gentleman does some amazing work, he is retired mid 60’s and really helps out the less fortunate. He gets it. There just aren’t enough people like him around.

Totally wrong on all accounts... (nothing new to see here)

[ There just aren’t enough people like him around.

Get off your keyboard and stop your posting and get your retired azz out in the street, or shut up!

You won’t, your too busy living the dream...........

More lies and uninformed assumptions. Living with a person like you must be exhausting. Lighten up Francis, stop being a miserable Kunt all the time.

FYI, I have always been an advocate for helping the less fortunate even when I was a working stiff. I am still active with a couple of non profits in support of it and also on an individual level, I have been doing it for decades and will continue to do so until I am unable to.

Just a couple of months ago a buddy of mine asked me to go into the city with him to look at some trucks, while driving around we passed a homeless encampment a couple of times, that night back at the hotel I mentioned we should do something and he said he was thinking the same thing so the next day before we blew town we picked up a couple of buckets of KFC, some burgers and a few cases of water. The burger joint asked if we were having a party, when we told them our plans they matched the order so we got double. When we went into KFC and told them what we were doing and asked if they could do anything and without hesitation they threw in a bunch of fries.

Those people at the tents were incredibly appreciative and so supportive of each other, it was unbelievable and very nice to see.

One gentleman when I started handing him some chicken, said just one piece we need to make sure that everyone gets some. I assured him we had enough and several times after that people inquired if there was enough for everyone. The amount of thank yous, god bless yous, fist bumps and hugs we got told the story of how appreciative these folks were and the donations from the food joints and the stories told to us by the camp residents was testimony to the community support.

It was a great experience and definitely a do over the next time we hit the city.

More lies and uninformed assumptions. Living with a person like you must be exhausting. Lighten up Francis, stop being a miserable Kunt all the time.

FYI, I have always been an advocate for helping the less fortunate even when I was a working stiff. I am still active with a couple of non profits in support of it and also on an individual level, I have been doing it for decades and will continue to do so until I am unable to.

Just a couple of months ago a buddy of mine asked me to go into the city with him to look at some trucks, while driving around we passed a homeless encampment a couple of times, that night back at the hotel I mentioned we should do something and he said he was thinking the same thing so the next day before we blew town we picked up a couple of buckets of KFC, some burgers and a few cases of water. The burger joint asked if we were having a party, when we told them our plans they matched the order so we got double. When we went into KFC and told them what we were doing and asked if they could do anything and without hesitation they threw in a bunch of fries.

Those people at the tents were incredibly appreciative and so supportive of each other, it was unbelievable and very nice to see.

One gentleman when I started handing him some chicken, said just one piece we need to make sure that everyone gets some. I assured him we had enough and several times after that people inquired if there was enough for everyone. The amount of thank yous, god bless yous, fist bumps and hugs we got told the story of how appreciative these folks were and the donations from the food joints and the stories told to us by the camp residents was testimony to the community support.

It was a great experience and definitely a do over the next time we hit the city.

Zen Master boasting about yourself. I guess you are a fricking sucker doing that, just like those suckers putting thier money in the church.

Let me tell you hot shot, I’d rather die than to not work for my food and have sum chump like you hand me some KFC.

I’m man enough to admit I’ll never do BS like that, but I did pay for many parties.

Your also a statist and that is part of the overall problem.

Give me sum of that karma BS you believe in, chump!!!!

LMAO, so much anger and hate

You should take all that Narcissistic hate you exude and toss it, put the energy from that into being a nicer person, I bet those around you and those who you come in contact with would appreciate it and think better of you.

You’ll be dead one day and it’s better to be remembered as a kind, considerate giving person than one that when people remember you say, fuk I am glad that miserable kunt is gone.

Not boasting. Just refuting your lies. My post wouldn't have existed had you not played Pinocchio.

LMAO, so much anger and hate

You should take all that Narcissistic hate you exude and toss it, put the energy from that into being a nicer person, I bet those around you and those who you come in contact with would appreciate it and think better of you.

You’ll be dead one day and it’s better to be remembered as a kind, considerate giving person than one that when people remember you say, fuk I am glad that miserable kunt is gone.

Not boasting. Just refuting your lies. My post wouldn't have existed had you not played Pinocchio.

Listen to this BS talking about being remembered from a guy who believes when your dead nothing happens. Give us a break, I remember you as being a fuking blow hard every time any poster wants to bring up Christianity, a religion that actually does have real suckers going out and risking thier lives on missions.

I also will always remember you as having an issue with short people.

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is it all just a coincidence the homeless shelters/rehabs with the best success rate in my community are all Christian base?
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    Is it all just a coincidence the homeless shelters/rehabs with the best success rate in my community are all Christian base?
    Guess you have to define success rate.

YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association. They won't take you in if you have active withdrawal signs. If you're in that much trouble the place you go to probably won't have a great "success rate."
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A post about homelessness, always been a problem but seems to be growing in US and also UK in last few years. But the majority of replies above are deeply negative

Happy to agree to disagree with you lot on training, politics or religion and a million other things, but someone highlighting helping people in need, gets **** thrown, that's really fkd up.

Sure some people choose to be homeless, in a previous job I used to see a guy who slept in a nearby doorway, he was 60s maybe, in good physical and mental health (as far as I could tell), very intelligent and unusually well educated. I don't know if he was trying to avoid prison or what but on the streets through choice. Used to drink coffee with him in the mornings before work, the tight **** never bought the coffee though! (joking...)

But what proportion of homeless people are like that, it's going to be a very small fraction, the majority of them are there through a toxic combination of illness, misfortune and personal disaster. If I do talk to homeless I don't ask people, I'm not a social worker or judge, but if they tell me I listen.

In the same location 2 doorways up (but he didn't sleep there) was a guy called Stefan (Steffen?) he was the most cheerful and positive person I think I ever met. *He said* he was a chef but had no work permit, every day he was hoping to get it settled, and start work and it'd all work out, he seemed genuine. He had a wild pigeon that liked him and used to settle on his shoulder, if someone else came near it was nervous and used to fly nearby and wait till he was alone and return to his shoulder.

Some people can't be helped, probably the majority can. Again I'm not a social worker or judge, it's not for me to start judging and deciding who I think don't meet my criteria for worthy of help. Just help some people! If only 90% of people could be helped that's still a good return for a small investment.

Last week, I was chatting to someone we know and they told a story about a Canadian lady doing a church speaking tour a few years back and how she'd come round their house for lunch and they chatted to her and she was remarkable. In the 90s this lady had taken in a homeless girl who was pregnant, don't know the full circumstances but it was a success story, the girl got lots of support and grew up just fine. She had her kid and he's not doing too badly for himself... so plenty of people can be helped! (the kid is Justin Bieber, but that's actually irrelevant to the point here, but something for the Canadians >35)

There are plenty of people who are not religious and also plenty of people from non Christian religions who provide charity. If it's done *from love and unconditional*, then I'm not going to throw stones at that. Why would anyone? (open question...)
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 12-09-2023 at 02:57 AM.

Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thebigzub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Worth the watch......

Stop with the lies man, for your edification I have Zero issues with people devout in their faith, I have mentioned this 100 times on here. I applaud them and respect them, many on this forum fall into that category. I have a ton of Christian friends, the gentleman I was out of town with is a solid Christian family man. What I do have an issue with are fakes and unfortunately there are some of them on this forum as well and I do call them out. If you have a problem with that, that’s your problem, not mine. I have no issue with short people either. You need to grow up bro and stop telling lies. Now that you have had your little rant, let's get this thread back on track and back on topic and I would ask that you keep it within the theme, it really is an important topic whether you think so or not.

Now back on topic

I grew up rural and pretty much dirt poor but we were, as well as others in the community rich in many other ways. In the small town about 10 miles away there was a man who many called a bum who roamed the town sometimes with a bag but mostly with a wheelbarrow and collected things people gave him or threw away. His name was Mosey and he lived in a small shack.

I don’t know if he qualified as bum but he wore raggedy clothes, didn’t smell that good and most of us kids were afraid of him for some reason. Many other kids were pretty cruel to him.

I was in a store with my dad and remember pops buying a tin of sausages and giving it to Mosey who was very appreciative and said, I will tell you a joke for your kindness and he did, it was funny.

This was my very first exposure to someone less fortunate than us. I was only about 7 or 8 but those memories stuck with me and I stopped looking at this man as a bum and this was my first lesson in not judging a book by its cover. This was my first up and close contact with Mosey and from that day on, I never avoided him and always said hi when he was within earshot.

Mosey was an icon long before it became a common term. He was talked about by everyone, many stories were told about him, a song written about him, the local college produced a short film and when Mosey passed a memorial in the shape of a wheelbarrow was erected in his memory.

It was also rumored that Mosey never spent any money that he earned or that was given to him and had a substantial amount of money.

I learned a lot from my limited exposure to Mosey, life lessons that stuck with me since I was a kid. Thanks Mosey and RIP

Here is some testimony that others have written about Mosey.

I remember Mosey well. My dad asked me to go across and ask to borrow some money I think it was in March's field where he had a small shed dirt floor. Anyways i did and he opened his wallet. I saw different colors of bills I do remember that. I'm not sure how much he gave me but this is a true story. Mom had kept a cup only for him to use and she would give him something to eat and tea. I don't remember it but I remember mom saying she did. Also saw him with his wheel barrow.

I remember Mosey well and those piercing blues eyes of his, god rest his soul.

I remember Mosey so well. God bless his soul! He was a gentleman. He was not welcomed by many and tormented because he was always dirty. He was very smart and could recite the bible. Walked so much every day. All he wanted was conversation and a cup of tea with some biscuits or food.

Our mom Sadie would have Mosey into our house for tea and sometimes a bite to eat. He was never turned away and I often wonder at the kindness she showed him, as he was mocked and ridiculed by so many I ran into him on my bike as a kid . He truly was a character.

Many years passed before I had my next exposure to a less fortunate homeless man, I was in the beer store around Xmas time in the early 80's. This gentleman that I had seen roaming town came in to return bottles he collected. When the clerk went to get boxes for the empties, I offered him 20 bucks. He wouldn’t take it and said that others may need it more.

I was blown away. Someone collecting bottles to get a bit of change thought of others before himself. I put the beer in the jeep then put the $20 bill on the sidewalk with a small rock on it so it wouldn’t blow away and he would find it.

Yes, there are some people who are homeless by choice, some are not, some are addicted and some have mental health issues. They all have feelings and bleed the same blood as us and they all need help in one way or another.

Some of the kindest, smartest, down to earth people that I have met were down on their luck and whenever possible I like to hear their story.

There are some great contributions in here, keep them coming folks.. I am enjoying them.

Big Z I have seen that documentary and other homeless videos on his channel. He does a great job.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 12-09-2023 at 05:19 AM.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I work in downtown Los Angeles and take the train here every day so I see it all the time. It's like we are used to it already.

[I]Stop with the lies man, for your edification I have Zero issues with people devout in their faith, I have mentioned this 100 times on here. I applaud them and respect them, many on this forum fall into that category. I have a ton of Christian friends, the gentleman I was out of town with is a solid Christian family man. What I do have an issue with are fakes and unfortunately there are some of them on this forum as well and I do call them out. If you have a problem with that, that’s your problem, not mine. I have no issue with short people either. You need to grow up bro and stop telling lies. Now that you have had your little rant, let's get this thread back on track and back on topic and I would ask that you keep it within the theme, it really is an important topic whether you think so or not.

I called you out on your response to blackjack, it’s real easy to see you are a hypocrite with your response to that poster.

If you were an adult like you claim you would have just ignored him if you don’t want to debate him.

He didn’t bring anything to his post that wasn’t debatable.

My post in response to BJ's is between him and I.

If BJ had/has an issue with my post he can address it and I will gladly respond to him and he knows that.

It has nothing to do with your or your need for attention driven by your exhibited hate for me nor will I explain the issue with you, so stop trying to use it as a crutch to go on with your childish slanderous posts.

Aside from making an ass out of yourself you have added nothing to this thread. You need to seriously give it a rest. It has gone on far too long.

With that said, lets keep this thread on track.

Back to it

Tom, I enjoyed your contribution, I didn’t have time to give it the response it deserved this morning before my hike.

Your post is well written and thought provoking. The story about Stefan was great. I hope he found employment, stories like this are more common than we think. There are many well educated and people willing to work just unable to because of their situation.

Your comment
    the majority of them are there through a toxic combination of illness, misfortune and personal disaster. If I do talk to homeless I don't ask people, I'm not a social worker or judge, but if they tell me I listen.
    Is worth its weight in gold. You are correct about the majority and you mentioned listening. Sometimes it's all people want and it's so important that they be heard. Talking can be therapeutic at times.

Something that I have learned from talking to some tent residents on my recent trip was that many had the skills to get employment but living in a tent has unique challenges that inhibits this.

Hygiene is one, it’s hard to gain employment when you don’t have access to clean clothes and showers on a daily basis.

A young man I chatted with mentioned how difficult it was to leave your tent and all of your belongings for a period of time because it may get stolen. People in tents may not have much but it’s all they have and no way to replace it.

I asked him about shelters or churches that would take him in for a bit and said that they were all filled.

He said that he needs a few weeks to get a job and the ball rolling which is understandable considering it takes a couple of weeks to get that first paycheck. Earlier in the fall he was lucky enough to secure some construction work where the owner allowed him to tent on the property and he was able to keep his belongings safe while he was working.

This young man saved most of the money from that construction gig and is still saving what he can. His goal is to get enough money to get a cheap motel room for a couple of months if needed, gain employment and eventually get an apartment. While he is doing this, the price of everything including rent has skyrocketed, wages have not gone up and that’s a problem that will only contribute to the homeless issues.

We chatted a bit and I asked what his next goal is after he secures housing and his answer surprised me. I expected him to say a vehicle, a girlfriend or something along those lines. He said he will get a dog, said it will be a friend that will love him unconditionally, wont judge him and always be there when he gets home. Not gonna lie, that one choked me up for a bit.

This young man is very well educated and well spoken. There was no addiction in his life; he just had a streak of bad luck and misfortune that put him in a tent.

Another issue they struggle with is a good credit rating. It’s difficult to survive in today's society without a cell phone, internet services and the list goes on. Credit checks are required for many of these things including rental housing.

Your comments were great Tom and highlighted some struggles homeless people face daily.

These are trying times for everyone not just the less fortunate, if you see someone in the cold flying a sign for some change a friendly wave or cup of coffee may just make their day.

This video is a long one but a good one.

A homeless Vet volunteering at night to help other Homeless folks

I hope this gentleman achieves his goal

Remarkable story
    Last edited by mtpockets; 12-09-2023 at 09:22 AM.

My post in response to BJ's is between him and I.

If BJ had/has an issue with my post he can address it and I will gladly respond to him and he knows that.

It has nothing to do with your or your need for attention driven by your exhibited hate for me nor will I explain the issue with you, so stop trying to use it as a crutch to go on with your childish slanderous posts.

Aside from making an ass out of yourself you have added nothing to this thread. You need to seriously give it a rest. It has gone on far too long.

With that said, lets keep this thread on track.

You are such a gawd damn puss hypocrite.

We can keep going at it, if you want continue your BS comments like this.

“Between him and I”

How many times have stuck your nose in chit that don’t concern you.

I can call you out anytime I want for your hypocrisy.

I am a Taylor Swift fan now....

I don't know any of her songs but

I am betting she has contributed more than these two times.. I am just not aware of it..

You go Taylor...

Taylor for President

I’ve said this before, I’m for social security for all who have put in thier time working for 20-30 years. IMO they have done their duty and contributed to society and should be taken care of.

I don’t have that type of sympathy for the youth, when you are young you are invincible and can mostly work your azz off. Once your in your 50s that will hurt you.

I’ve said this before, I’m for social security for all who have put in thier time working for 20-30 years. IMO they have done their duty and contributed to society and should be taken care of.

I don’t have that type of sympathy for the youth, when you are young you are invincible and can mostly work your azz off. Once your in your 50s that will hurt you.

Thank you for the rational response.

Since the min age to draw Social Security is 62 it shouldn't be a factor for the youth.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Social security is a pretty big hindrance on the American economy. It literally transfers wealth from younger less affluent workers who need capital to start businesses, and gives it to older more affluent individuals who just finished their peak earning years and should be winding down their savings and investments.

Social security payments are based on payments made. If people were too poor to contribute much to social security, they will hardly get anything from social security. And what little benefits that they do reap are far outweighed by the opportunity cost of private investment.

Social security beneficiaries literally get a worse return on their investment than simply investing in U.S. Treasury bills. In fact, the social security administration invests excess funds in Treasury bills. It honestly would be better to just have a law that says "citizens must invest 20% of their income in U.S. Treasury bills". The median American would be much better off and if the person dies, the Treasury bills could actually be passed on to the descendants family.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"