Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Beaver2345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Becoming Immovable - Basketball

What makes it so hard to move some people in basketball, when it comes to screening?

I am almost usually the biggest & strongest (6'4 225 w/ 10-12% body fat) player on the court, but it seems like it's easier to move me when I'm setting a screen than other people. Or when moving and I bump into some people they don't move as easily as others. What causes that, and what could I incorporate in my training to help me with that?

jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100) jhonewq32 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Beaver2345 View Post
    What makes it so hard to move some people in basketball, when it comes to screening?

I am almost usually the biggest & strongest (6'4 225 w/ 10-12% body fat) player on the court, but it seems like it's easier to move me when I'm setting a screen than other people. Or when moving and I bump into some people they don't move as easily as others. What causes that, and what could I incorporate in my training to help me with that?
    Last edited by jhonewq32; 12-11-2023 at 08:41 AM.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're probably standing too straight. You only need to play "tall" when you're going at the rim (so within 3ft of the rim going for a rebound). Otherwise play with leverage so athletic ready position (aka linebacker pose). Knees bent, feet a bit wide, well centered center of gravity (body mass over your feet not out forward). And to keep from fouling everyone play with your feet, not your hands. An exercise for that is to play one on one defense against a teammate with your hands tied to your sides. One on one soccer is probably the best thing you can do for basketball and football footwork. Teaches you to attack with your feet and not lead with your hands.

patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10) patrenna is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jhonewq32 View Post
    Widen your base. Standing too tall will make it easier to move you.