LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Heavy Dumbbell Flyes

I haven’t done dumbell flyes in over 20years. I don’t have a bench or dumbells.

I used to do them with 40s for 8-10reps, screw that, I think this one should be heavy as hell.

I went to gym today and did sets of 5 working up the rack, I ran out of time though to go as heavy as I wanted.

I’m going to make it a point to do these when I go there, heavier, stretching the pecs as much as possible, bent elbows and screaming!
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Glad you got reacquainted with flys.

Flys are fun, I love doing them both with dumbbells and between the cable stack.

It is one of the exercises that can cause an injury pretty fast though and requires that mind muscle connection to get the maximum benefit and one of the exercises I have see done incorrectly a lot.

People not using enough weight, or using too much, Not enough or too much bend in the elbows which will turn it into a press. Another issue is people going too fast and not emphasizing the negative. Done correctly, they are great. Love Flys.

Never heard anyone screaming while doing them though.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Glad you got reacquainted with flys.

Flys are fun, I love doing them both with dumbbells and between the cable stack.

It is one of the exercises that can cause an injury pretty fast though and requires that mind muscle connection to get the maximum benefit and one of the exercises I have see done incorrectly a lot.

People not using enough weight, or using too much, Not enough or too much bend in the elbows which will turn it into a press. Another issue is people going too fast and not emphasizing the negative. Done correctly, they are great. Love Flys.

As infrequently as I’m doing them, maybe once a week for a couple weeks, then maybe 2-weeks, I’m totally, for me, turning these into a press, as long as I get the stretch in the pecs.

I don’t have a bench, so a fly press is fine.

I’ll try a 1-3rep max on these!

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Bro why are you scared to make your training posts in the regular Over 35? Everything just turns to memes in the O35 Misc.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just watch the shoulder/rotator cuff when you are descending.
    It doesn't always end well.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven’t done dumbell flyes in over 20years. I don’t have a bench or dumbells.

I used to do them with 40s for 8-10reps, screw that, I think this one should be heavy as hell.

I went to gym today and did sets of 5 working up the rack, I ran out of time though to go as heavy as I wanted.

I’m going to make it a point to do these when I go there, heavier, stretching the pecs as much as possible, bent elbows and screaming!
    Heavy for one is light for someone else.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gandog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do bench, inclined bench, than heavy on a bench Dumbbell Flyes (45kg's for both arms at the moment), and than controlled crossovers (less weight better form, numbered 1,2,3 etc not sure the actual weight...). I like a combination of power lifting and conventional bodybuilding to gain strength and size at the same time.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Heavy for one is light for someone else.
    Yup, I think we all know that. So I’m talking something that will max me out at 3,4,5 reps, using bent arms and damn near pressing them.

My pecs felt fricking great after doing them heavy at 5 reps, I coulda gone heavier.

Not something to do multiple times a week though for safety.

IMO there’s no point in doing them lighter and strict IF I’m doing other pec pressing stuff.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is what comes to mind for me when I think of flyes with an exaggerated stretch at the bottom, this picture of Arnold doing them with what looks like 65lb dumbbells. Not sure if it's the angle of the picture but to me it looks like he's dropping the dumbbells down below the bench. I remember reading he did these with a full/exaggerated stretch at the bottom and wouldn't bring the dumbbells together at the top to try to keep the time under tension longer. But WTF did Arnold know about building a chest anyway?
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If us regular guys( no oids) lifted all day like they did and had the tendons, ligaments, and joint strength that they did........ i would try it.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gandog View Post
    I do bench, inclined bench, than heavy on a bench Dumbbell Flyes (45kg's for both arms at the moment), and than controlled crossovers (less weight better form, numbered 1,2,3 etc not sure the actual weight...). I like a combination of power lifting and conventional bodybuilding to gain strength and size at the same time.
    I generally take people at face value and say good job however, if you are saying you are doing near 100 lb dumbbell flys, imma have to toss the bullsh!t towel on this one.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

I generally take people at face value and say good job however, if you are saying you are doing near 100 lb dumbbell flys, imma have to toss the bullsh!t towel on this one.

He’s probably doing half reps.

I thought all his claims were bogus until he made a thread stating he isn’t even dead lifting over 300, now I know he’s doing partial reps on everything else.

Cause you never seen anyone using the 95s or 100s.

Cause you never seen anyone using the 95s or 100s.
    Bullsh!t

Bullsh!t

What’s BS, that you have seen? Or no one can?

What’s the answer Pockets?

You don’t think anyone can do flys with 95s? It must be because you called out gandog on it.

Figure it out and if you can't figure it out use your imagination

What’s the answer Pockets?

You don’t think anyone can do flys with 95s? It must be because you called out gandog on it.
    Look at the hypocrite, demanding answers when he doesn't answer queries sent his way. LOL

You didn't answer IC

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Bro why are you scared to make your training posts in the regular Over 35? Everything just turns to memes in the O35 Misc.
    Pretty rude don't you think?

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    ]

I’ve posted plenty in the 35 section. I’m more used to the misc and really the 35 misc is a better area.

The regular 35 section is full of bots and it seems most threads there are started by people with 1 post and age 52 or 53. Seems legit bro!

There, you happy Pockets?

you happy Pockets?
    Always Happy tater...

Thanks for asking.