pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000)

Is the StairMaster counterproductive to gaining leg size?

I know this is controversial so here ya go...

Do you think regular use of the Stairmaster as a main form of regular cardio is counterproductive to leg hypertrophy like distance running is? OR do you think the leg pump is actually beneficial?

StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StephenCGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't ask the wrong question: Will this HURT my gains?

Some say cardio hurts hypertrophy gains. Some say that it does not hurt hypertrophy gains.

It doesn't matter if it hurts or not.

You need to have a goal. Then you need to know how to achieve that goal. Then you need to get rid of anything and everything that will not HELP you reach that goal.

So the question should be: Will this HELP me reach my goal? If the answer is a No, then drop it, but pick up something that will help.

Now, if hypertrophy is your goal, then a good leg pump is desirable, and use of a Stairmaster can help achieve that goal, especially if you don't already work legs daily.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a huge deal unless you're looking to compete

If you're looking to compete, doing more intense cardio is dumb for a number of reasons

Stairmaster would be a poor choice after leg day because you'd be flushing out the metabolites from your legs

Again, it only matters if you're looking to compete, otherwise it doesn't matter
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000) pinfante is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Not a huge deal unless you're looking to compete

If you're looking to compete, doing more intense cardio is dumb for a number of reasons

Stairmaster would be a poor choice after leg day because you'd be flushing out the metabolites from your legs

Again, it only matters if you're looking to compete, otherwise it doesn't matter
    I usually lay off it the day before and the day after leg day

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It raises your calorie demand by terms of both energy and aminos, but that’s hardly a zero sum condition when you can just eat more.

Adding it too abruptly can interfere with training, but all the pros will agree that it’s fine if you do it gradually and practically.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on how much you are pushing on the stairmaster. I try to think of a scale in my training. The more cardio I do, the less overall energy I have to do lifting. 10-20 minutes after your workouts won't have a negative effect though in general as long as you aren't trying to sprint the stairs I'd say.

Honestly, a 20-30 minute walk after my workout seems to help my recovery a ton and helps me take things down mentally which I see as a major benefit and worth adapting my schedule to.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really any amount of cardio is fine given you build up to it practically.