TooPhatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which type of workout?

Hi all, historically I’ve worked out 5 days a week and always done a routine that covers a bit of everything. It’s what’s always worked best for me and I got the results I feel I wanted. Things have changed now and I want to change my workout.

I know a lot of people target different muscle groups on different days ie, legs days, shoulder days etc.

My question is, to bulk up, is it better to target different groups on said days? And if so is it better to have a routine of say 4 days, that I then work through so that I’m not doing the same thing in the same day or mix it up.

Oh, and does my age matter at 52?

Thanks all 😊👍

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TooPhatUK View Post
    Hi all, historically I’ve worked out 5 days a week and always done a routine that covers a bit of everything. It’s what’s always worked best for me and I got the results I feel I wanted. Things have changed now and I want to change my workout.
    What's changed?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TooPhatUK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What's changed?
    I left the military…

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How does that change what you do and why would you change from what you've found works best for you?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engieone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi. If you can continue your trainings you did, and and that suits you keep going, but it's best to train different muscle groups on different days. This will allow your muscles to fully recover from your workout before you strain them again.